PDA

View Full Version : Live Play Now Via Web

Dave Schwartz
03-07-2006, 12:15 PM
9:15am (pacific)
I am going to play live for an hour or so. Would anyone care to join me?

If so, send me an email:

Workshops@HorseStreet.com

Dave Schwartz

lsbets
03-07-2006, 02:35 PM
For anyone who wanted to see the examples of multi-horse dutch betting, win and exacta - sit in the next time Dave does this. He'll make your head spin!

PaceAdvantage
03-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Is there a transcript? Dave, I'm going to hold you to that separate thread....I'm going to create it right now....

PaceAdvantage
03-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Also, any chance one Sunday that I can get Dave to make a guest appearance in the War Room for some live play?

BIG RED
03-07-2006, 02:45 PM
talk about timing. I just mentioned in the warroom I won't be around sundays starting this week, :(

Dave Schwartz
03-07-2006, 03:20 PM
PA,

Let me see how the week progresses.

I am hoping to begin this live play thing a couple of times a week for about an hour.

The GoTo Meeting software supports 11 simultaneous viewers (counting the presenter). Very cool.

Dave

Dave Schwartz
03-09-2006, 03:20 PM
March 9 - 12:20pm

Anyone interested in playing live right now should send me an email.

Workshops@HorseStreet.com

JimG
03-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Dave,

Enjoyed it. Wish I could have stayed longer. You move through your software like a hot knife through butter. Nice hit on that 5-1 shot. Ran like a 9-5 shot.

Jim

Dave Schwartz
03-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Yes, we need to conference call in order to get the audio as well.

Dave

Dave Schwartz
03-09-2006, 09:18 PM
6:18pm - I am going to play live for about an hour or so. If anyone wishes to join me via web video, just click this link:

https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/956546513

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave Schwartz
03-10-2006, 05:27 PM
2:27pm Pacific:

I am going to play live for about an hour or so.

Anyone who is interested may click this link to get connected:

https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/316345943

GoToMeeting(TM)
Online Meetings Made Easy

JustRalph
03-10-2006, 08:16 PM
You must join Dave for a session. It is simply incredible to watch him work.

Incredible software........Incredible Individual he is...........do yourself a favor and check it out..........I spent an incredible hour or more watching him work.

keilan
03-10-2006, 09:58 PM
count me in,next session

lsbets
03-10-2006, 10:28 PM
You must join Dave for a session. It is simply incredible to watch him work.

Incredible software........Incredible Individual he is...........do yourself a favor and check it out..........I spent an incredible hour or more watching him work.

If you could keep up with all the horses and combos played in every race you're a better man than I!

Dave Schwartz
03-11-2006, 03:38 AM
Yes, but you've got to call the conference call number in order for us all to communicate. (The only charge is normal long distance.)

I think the next time we do this, instead of me playing 4 or 5 tracks, I'll play just one or two and we can discuss each race in detail.

For those of you that have seen the video without the audio, you are missing the meat. Of course, I do post the screen with the picks so if that is what you're interested in you are welcome to them.

In addition, I think I will create a "scorecard" of sorts because I know some people will have an interest in that as well.

Dave

Suff
03-11-2006, 03:45 AM
Warroom is dead uh

PaceAdvantage
03-11-2006, 04:42 AM
Dead? No...chugging along at its usual pace in yet another new incarnation....

If I'm reading things right, what Dave is doing could never be pulled off effectively in a simply text chat room....

Dave Schwartz
03-11-2006, 05:06 AM
PA,

I am not sure exactly what you mean but here is how it works:

Let's say that you have 10 guys in the "meeting." (Plus the "organizer.")

1. Everyone sees the same screen - it can be any of the 11 guys but only one at a time.

2. Everyone calls the conference call number. It is a standard long distance call. Everybody hears everybody else.

What is cool is that if your screen is being shown and you have a web cam, you open your web cam picture on the screen and show that. So, whoever "has the screen" can be seen live.

The cost for this is only $49 per month.

There is a bigger setup but the next step is $250 per month for like $125 attendees- just too big for me.

Dave

keilan
03-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Dave, I think a group discussing a live card would be awesome. I’d like to make a reservation for 1 :)

Secondly just so that I’m somewhat prepared would you mention the track/s that we're playing in advance.

JustRalph
03-11-2006, 11:30 AM
If you could keep up with all the horses and combos played in every race you're a better man than I!

I kept up.......but it was a fun ride...........

I don't think it has been expressed fully....here goes..........when you log into dave's room, you can see his desktop just like it is yours. You dial in and everybody in the room can talk to each other. Dave guides you thru the races and his software. I was able to watch races he was playing via a seperate browser or on Sat while he played. It was fun actually.........

Dave Schwartz
03-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Okay, how about we do this...

I will set up a live play for later today... from 12noon (pacific) until about 1:30pm (Pacfic). We will have 9 open slots.

To sign up, just send an email to LivePlay@HorseStreet.com. I will have

Why don't we just stick with the TVG schedule? (We could skip some races so we have time to discuss each race.)

Here is the listed schedule for that time period:

3:00 PM Turfway Park T 5 Clm. 6f 3&up Purse:$7.3k

3:05 PM Oaklawn Park T 3 Clm. 1 mi. 4&up f&m Purse:$11.3k

3:23 PM Aqueduct T 6 MSW 6f 3&up f&m state-bred Purse:$41k

3:28 PM Turfway Park T 6 Clm. 1 mi. 3&up f&m Purse:$13.1k

3:34 PM Oaklawn Park T 4 Clm. 1 mi. 3&up Purse:$10.7k

3:52 PM Aqueduct T 7 Alw. 1 mi. 4&up Purse:$46k

3:56 PM Turfway Park T 7 MSW 5.5f 3yo f Purse:$21.5k

-------------------------

4:03 PM Oaklawn Park T 5 Clm. 6f 3&up f&m Purse:$10.7k

4:21 PM Aqueduct T 8 Toboggan Hcp. (III) 6f 3&up Purse:$100k

4:23 PM Turf Paradise T 3 Clm. 6f 3yo Purse:$9.7k

4:24 PM Turfway Park T 8 Clm. 1 mi. 3&up Purse:$12.6k

You guys decide.

Dave

Dave Schwartz
03-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Guys, it would appear that there is very little interest in play today.

If that is still the case at 11am I will reschedule for another day.

Dave

Dave Schwartz
03-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Live Racing will be rescheduled for another day.

Dave

keilan
03-11-2006, 02:04 PM
That's just perfect -- I re-scheduled appointments todayand spent the past hour+ getting geared for this.

Give my seat to someone else next time, stick a fork in me I'm done

JustRalph
03-11-2006, 02:13 PM
the board is always slow on Saturdays...........

Dave Schwartz
03-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Keith,

That's just perfect -- I re-scheduled appointments todayand spent the past hour+ getting geared for this.

As did I. But without a little more response it becomes a private session. (Something I am always happy to schedule for potential new users looking for a demo.)

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Hope you can recover your day and forgive me. Next time I'll schedule farther in advance or make sure I am not changing my schedule drastically to accomodate.

Again, please accept my apologies.

Dave

keilan
03-11-2006, 02:39 PM
No problem Dave, I’m surprised more players wouldn’t take this opportunity to learn something from each other.

Maybe another time, I’m off to work

PaceAdvantage
03-11-2006, 06:48 PM
PA,

I am not sure exactly what you mean but here is how it works:

Let's say that you have 10 guys in the "meeting." (Plus the "organizer.")

1. Everyone sees the same screen - it can be any of the 11 guys but only one at a time.

2. Everyone calls the conference call number. It is a standard long distance call. Everybody hears everybody else.

What is cool is that if your screen is being shown and you have a web cam, you open your web cam picture on the screen and show that. So, whoever "has the screen" can be seen live.

The cost for this is only $49 per month.

There is a bigger setup but the next step is $250 per month for like $125 attendees- just too big for me.

Dave

I pretty much knew how it worked, which is why I said a regular chat room like what I have here on this site is completely inadequate for what you are doing....

Dave Schwartz
03-11-2006, 07:04 PM
PA,

I misunderstood. I thought you were alluding to the fact that you could make the chat live with audio and video. (That is what is next for me... to eliminate the telephone calls for the users who connect.)

Dave