PDA

View Full Version : Poll on paranormal phenomenom

chickenhead
03-03-2006, 12:53 PM
This is part of a study I am doing for a class, PLEASE vote honestly. Any elaborations welcome. Thanks.

twindouble
03-03-2006, 02:43 PM
This is part of a study I am doing for a class, PLEASE vote honestly. Any elaborations welcome. Thanks.

Capitalizing on a basic but primitive human fear of the unknown is to me one of the worst crimes perpetrated on the weak and vulnerable. Your examples just scratch the surface on how dangerous it is.

T.D.

46zilzal
03-03-2006, 03:02 PM
any large primate would have remains found in the wild just as people find remains of large cats, rhinos, elephants. No evidence equals no animal

Ghosts: how would one establish that one is here?

BIG RED
03-03-2006, 05:58 PM
I met Scully, does that count?

Seriously, I have seen 2 things in my life I can't explain. They would fall under Ghost and UFO. So, you know how I helped your poll. By the way, had a witness on the UFO, my Big brother.

dav4463
03-03-2006, 06:19 PM
There are too many instances of hauntings to completely dismiss ghosts. I have been in a house where one room was extremely cold and my co-worker and I both had a really uneasy feeling the whole time we were there. (we were measuring the house for carpet). As we were driving away we swore we saw a face in the window! The owner had just recently died and the mail was piled on the floor, newspapers were delivered all over the front lawn. It was just like the owner disappeared, but it felt like someone was still there(hard to explain the feeling). Christians always say that any paranormal activity is not a ghost, but a demon. That is enough to kind of scare me off of investigating hauntings, but I'm not sure what to believe. I do think there is something to hauntings. There are just too many instances of things happening that defy explanation.

dav4463
03-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I met Scully, does that count?

Seriously, I have seen 2 things in my life I can't explain. They would fall under Ghost and UFO. So, you know how I helped your poll. By the way, had a witness on the UFO, my Big brother.

I would like to hear your story.

twindouble
03-03-2006, 06:23 PM
There are too many instances of hauntings to completely dismiss ghosts. I have been in a house where one room was extremely cold and my co-worker and I both had a really uneasy feeling the whole time we were there. (we were measuring the house for carpet). As we were driving away we swore we saw a face in the window! The owner had just recently died and the mail was piled on the floor, newspapers were delivered all over the front lawn. It was just like the owner disappeared, but it felt like someone was still there(hard to explain the feeling). Christians always say that any paranormal activity is not a ghost, but a demon. That is enough to kind of scare me off of investigating hauntings, but I'm not sure what to believe. I do think there is something to hauntings. There are just too many instances of things happening that defy explanation.

What defies explanation is you thinking they might exist.

chickenhead
03-03-2006, 06:28 PM
[/b]

Don't need any of that twin. I'm trying to get people to say what they think, so don't be insulting them. If someone thinks they saw a ghost, they think they saw a ghost. What do you want the guy to say?

I'd like to hear more of your story too Red.

twindouble
03-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Don't need any of that twin. I'm trying to get people to say what they think, so don't be insulting them. If someone thinks they saw a ghost, they think they saw a ghost. What do you want the guy to say?

Sorry about that, actually I thought it was funny in a sick paranormal way. :D

chickenhead
03-03-2006, 07:00 PM
I haven't seen Bigfoot, ghosts, or aliens. I have seen strange things in the sky before (like most everyone else I think)

Probably the strangest was once a friend and I were in Colorado, driving down a two lane road in the middle of nowhere about 10 oclock at night, saw a very bright very large object falling from the sky at high speeds....looked like it was coming down pretty close to us, within a mile or two. It was coming down so fast I was afraid there would be some sort of catastrophic impact..my buddy thought the same I guess, he swerved off the road just as it would have hit but there was no noise or flash of light, no anything. We jumped out and stood around for a minute, wondering what the hell had happened. I can't explain that one.

dav4463
03-03-2006, 07:17 PM
[/b]

I'm not saying I saw a ghost. It was probably a trick of the light, but we both looked at each other and said, "Did you see somebody in that window?". It was just a weird day all the way around and the temperature of one room being so cold on a 90+ degree summer day was just weird, that's all. As for the other stuff, I just meant that there are too many stories, supposed encounters, etc. to just dismiss all these people. We don't know if they are telling the truth or not, but to have so many stories, don't you think some of them might involve paranormal activity? Just turn on the travel channel and look at all the stories about haunted hotels, restaurants, ships, encounters with people who are supposed to be dead. I don't know if they are true or not, but I can't completely dismiss all those people. People who have had encounters with what they believe to be the spirit world are the only ones who really know what they saw. Maybe some are demons, maybe some are angels, maybe they are spirits of the dead, maybe they are figments of the imagination. I'm just saying that I don't know, but I won't dismiss the possibility. Go to the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, TX or the Catfish Plantation restaurant in Waxahachie, TX or take the ghost tour in San Antonio, or visit Bruce Hall on the campus of the University of North Texas in Denton and you may have a more open mind towards hauntings after talking to people who truly believe they have had encounters. Who knows, you may have one yourself !

kenwoodallpromos
03-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Bigfoot- When I lived in Paradise, Ca a friend of mine dressed up as Bigfoot every yesr for Gold Nugget Days- twice people reported seeing Bigfoot when it was him!
UFO's- They are ALL ufo's until identidied! Coast-to-Coast reported seeing slow moving UFO's that were triangle- and on HWY 5 in Ca I saw it- it was a harrier jet! I saw a large meteorite once that people claimed was a UFO. Often test firings of missles and other Govt aircraft and flares are seen as UFO's.
People could easily mistake a blimp or hot air baloon as a UFO. Then there are hoaxes- Get a 3' diameter baloon, put a stick light and helium in it on a 200' string and you will get UFO reports!
Ghosts- Ghosts are remnants of the past whose energy fields are not completely gone, like Kirlian photography. I definitely believe some people can "tune into" things (ESP) others cannot, including things that took place earlier. But ghosts cannot do physical stuff.

BIG RED
03-03-2006, 08:35 PM

I was betting, not much time in between.

UFO: I was pulling duty down on the Cape(Cod) and my oldest brother came down and picked me up, my car broke down. He was close, so I called him, no problem. Hate staying on base when family is so close. At the time I was working on Fighter Aircraft and was 'suggested' to go to CA. for advanced training (schooling), I state this for relevance. Well anyways he gave me a ride to his place, north, and on the way to his home. We were going back, and I was sort of snoozing with my head against the window looking out. It was a long day. So on this lonely highway, only because of the hour, I see this craft on my right.

Yup, just over the treetops on the right, going right along side of us. Here is this large object, atleast 200 yds away which is close, totally paralel with us. I mean even during the turns in the highway!

So, I'm a realist, I know I'm tired. Look around everywhere. No cars with us on road (and this is a mian road, rare), check and see if I was seeing reflections from anywhere (especially lights from within car bouncing of inside of window), nothing. It is still there, 4 min. since I noticed (long time). OK, time to ask big brother. Well I pointed out to what I was seeing, remember it's on my side, and he goes what, do you mean that? Yes, pointing right at it, I'm not nuts or seeing things. No way, like I said this was close, he was befuddled.

So now what? I roll the window down. NOTHING! Can't hear a whisper from this craft. My bro didn't even want me to lower the window, that's how much it spooked him. This was I would say close to a stealth in design, including lights. My brother books it and it follows right with us? He slows, looking at it through the windsheild now, it slows.

Now, this was 20 years ago, and there is no aircraft this size that can 'float', show speed and drag, with NO noise like that! Sorry lock me up, but you would have to lock us both up. It banked right (over ocean) and was gone. Til this day my brother don't talk about it, sometimes I do, like now. That's a Det. gold sheild and a Marine, but put it writing?

BIG RED
03-03-2006, 08:40 PM
I would like to hear your story.

About Scully? :cool:

Secretariat
03-03-2006, 09:04 PM
I think the Alien thing has to be true after listening to GW.

dav4463
03-03-2006, 09:06 PM
About Scully? :cool:

The UFO story will suffice !

dav4463
03-03-2006, 09:07 PM

Almost had a thread without politics involved ! Oh well, I guess I can dream .....

lsbets
03-03-2006, 09:17 PM

Get a freakin life!

BIG RED
03-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Almost had a thread without politics involved ! Oh well, I guess I can dream .....

..........are you sure you don't want to here about Scully :D

Just did my days intake, not good, outake really. see you all Sat.

so.cal.fan
03-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I don't believe in fortune telling.....how could anyone predict the future, it hasn't happened?
Example....how many predictions have been made of the end of the world?
Never has happened.

PaceAdvantage
03-03-2006, 10:11 PM
..........are you sure you don't want to here about Scully :D

I DO!

Hosshead
03-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Me too ! .. Was it a close encounter? :p

Light
03-04-2006, 01:56 AM
My intuition of the space time continuum is that everything(past present and future) exists simultaneously but in different dimensions. Physicsits now believe we live with parallel dimensions that we cannot see. They have identified 11 dimensions. IMO,ghosts sightings occur due to an overlap from one dimension into ours.

dav4463
03-04-2006, 03:35 AM
My intuition of the space time continuum is that everything(past present and future) exists simultaneously but in different dimensions. Physicsits now believe we live with parallel dimensions that we cannot see. They have identified 11 dimensions. IMO,ghosts sightings occur due to an overlap from one dimension into ours.

I've heard this before. Interesting, it would explain deja vu also!