PDA

View Full Version : Another Republican Scam by Santorum

ljb
03-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Anybody read about the scam Santorum slipped into the Tax Relief Act which privides aid for Hurricane Katrina victims and sets new policies for tax-exempt groups? This one is a multi billion dollar tax credit scam for the energy companies. This was pushed by one of Washington's premier tax lobbyists Kenneth J. Kies. (Another damn lobbyist running this country)
Read about it in this week's Time magazine.

ljb
03-02-2006, 08:58 AM
And here is a link to another of Santorum's scumbag deals.
http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/attytood/archives/002854.html
This one deals with his questionable charity and how he rewarded donors with 8.5 million in government funds.

Tom
03-02-2006, 12:29 PM
And just who is the author of this fine work of literature, appearing under a banner declaring they cover Philly and the world like Cheeze Whiz? :lol:

Those accusations are just crumbelievable! :jump:

Secretariat
03-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Santorum is a big pork barrel spender. He got a million for silver rings to give girls who attend abstinence and religious training programs in school. Problem was the girls with the silver rings got marked as challenges by the boys, and a study was made of the success of the silver ring idea. Well, turns out the girls with the silver rings ended up having more premarital sex than those without. Another bridge to nowhere.

The man will someday have to answer to God, and not just GW.

Tom
03-02-2006, 05:10 PM
So it was HIS fault that the girls got pregnent? Did he personnaly do it?

At some point, the girls has to have some responsibility. In the real world, any girl with boobs is a target.

ljb
03-02-2006, 08:24 PM
One wonders why Tom would try to steer the topic off target. May be he is a Santorum supporter?
I just got some stuff on Kathleen Harris and "Duke" Cunningham also. Are they in your group also Tom?

Secretariat
03-02-2006, 09:44 PM
So it was HIS fault that the girls got pregnent? Did he personnaly do it?

At some point, the girls has to have some responsibility. In the real world, any girl with boobs is a target.

I don't know if he personally did it or not. After Clinton, who knows?

My point was that this was another waste of taxpapyer money. We can't keep spending on this kind of crap.

Tom
03-03-2006, 12:07 AM
One wonders why Tom would try to steer the topic off target. May be he is a Santorum supporter?
I just got some stuff on Kathleen Harris and "Duke" Cunningham also. Are they in your group also Tom?

Off topic? You mean towards FACTS?
I questioned your blog quotes - notoriously BAD sources of facts, and I questioned why Sec blamed him for the failure - perhaps the abotion on demand mentality might also contribute to today's looseness?
I don't even know who Santorum is - much less care. But I DO know you and Sec, therefore my scepticism. :kiss:
And you "just got some stuff"......who are you, Hedda Hopper?
Tell you what, let's be fair - go get stuff on everyone, then we will cancel out stuff until one sie has no stuff left, and the other sides loses. Then you can go pick a new game to play.

And as far as my group goes, I have no group - I am one guy-thinking for myself. No daily talking points, no group postitions. I do not agree with any group on anything. Try it sometime.

ljb
03-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Tom,
My original post was taken from an article in Time magazine not from a blog. The data is of public record. The second came from a blog and delt with Santorum's questionable charity. This charity has been critisized for spending more on fund raising then it gives out in charity. This too is a matter of public record. I cannot speak for the worth / value of the recipients of this charity and will not do so.
The "stuff" on Katherine Harris (R) Florida and "Duke" Cunningham (R) California came from the Tampa Tribune. Seems both have accepted money (illegal campaign contributions) from defense contractor Mitchell Wade who plead guilty in federal court last week to bribery charges. In return for the illegal donations Harris procured government contracts for Wade. This data is also of public record.
You may not have a group but you do seem to jump to the defense of the Republicans quickly without hearing the whole story. Or looking at the supporting documentation.
Seems the only thing harder to find then Saddam's WMDs is an honest Republican.

tahoesid
03-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Another one sided fool. If you said honest politician you would be more believable. As soon as people realize they are being scammed by both sides then maybe something will be done.

ljb
03-03-2006, 01:22 PM
May be, but all I've been reading about are Republicans. Don't you read the papers fool ?

46zilzal
03-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Cunningham BITES the dust. Deserves to be in jail

ljb
03-04-2006, 08:18 AM
And in another example of the press's right wing bias, yesterdays Tampa Tribune had the headline. "Harris tried to help donor" This leading the story about how Harris had taken bribes from the same contractor as Cunningham and responded with a government contract. Very misleading headline don't you think? I'll have to get a letter off to the editor.