PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Friday Night 7-19

rrbauer
07-19-2002, 05:11 PM
Here's a couple or three to look at:

R3
WILSHEWED This one was entered on 6/29 and looked a picture on the track. It loaded OK at 6-1. Then it broke thru the gate very hard and tossed Gomez. That must have rang Garrett's bell pretty good because he was stumbling around looking in need of more that an aspirin. They scratched it. It's back in tonight, Garrett is back on (1st call), draws a good hole and has nice works for the comeback. 6-1 on the ML which I will take!

R7
EXCLUSIVEANDCATTY Looks to be the speed and Mike Smith is deadly when left alone on the front end. The rail is out 15 feet which helps the front runners. 5-1 on the ML gets my vote.

R8
MIGHTY MUD BUG This one had worked very nicely for its debut on July 11 (8 days ago) and ran 7th (out of 7!) at 21-1. Now it drops 3-levels to the bottom of the HOL MC ranks and Berrio stays on. (Omar rides what he wants and when he wants).
CHINOIS has figs that lay over this field (and has no speed). Check how VALID REDRESS does in tonight's 2nd. She just trounced CHINOIS and company in her last for MC25. Anyway, the 'BUG will be a price, draws a good hole and doesn't need to improve all that much to be in the hunt with these. If it runs to its works it will be on the board. 20-1 on the ML.

Go Baby Go!

rrbauer
07-20-2002, 01:27 AM
WILSHEWED (9/2) broke with leaders but was parked wide. First the 2, Perfectly Pretty, ran up inside to the lead. Then the 7, Sevens Wild, got thru on the rail and took over top of the stretch. Coconut Girl came between horses late to get the win. All the time, Wilshewed ran an even 4th in the 4-path. Just not good enough.

EXCLUSIVEANDCATTY (7-1) couldn't get the lead and had to settle for a tracking trip behind Castling. 'Catty came out at the top of the lane but couldn't menace. Odds-on Smokin' Charlotte gave a run as did Mind for Gold.

Right idea, wrong horse. Castling held on for the win, Gold was 2nd and 'Catty got 3rd. Busted my P4. Grrrrrr!

MIGHTY MUD BUG (24-1) broke awkwardly and was climbing early. Berrio was all over him once he settled, but the Bug just isn't a runner. Chinois was game to put away Panther Quick in the last 1/16 to get the win.

oG ybaB oG