PDA

View Full Version : GP 1/23 Race #5 question

dutzman
02-28-2006, 12:40 AM
I don't have the PPs in front of me right now, so excuse me if I have the wrong race. This was a maiden claiming event for 16K. I was at the track scanning through the entries and noticed something strange. Dutrow had an entry, I believe the 2 and 2A. Thing is, the 2A wasn't a maiden. He broke his maiden in his last start. I believe the 2 was a first timer. How was Dutrow allowed to enter the 2A?? The horse wasn't dq'd in his last...he def wasn't a maiden. Anyway, both horses were scratched, but I was still baffled at how the 2A was entered in the race. Did I miss something??

Thanks

kenwoodallpromos
02-28-2006, 01:36 AM
Well, maybe Dutrow made a mistake and had to scratch the horse. The only way he was "allowed" was if no one caught it. And it was not a starter after all.
Good question is who in the racing secretary's offices verify a horse qualifies under written race conditions?
When did the non-maiden race again?

BIG49010
02-28-2006, 08:07 AM
2/23 was date and chart show Mascot was claimed by Klesaris in his last start which he won.

Probably jock agent or racing sec. error.

taintso
02-28-2006, 09:27 AM
That horse had been entered in both Maiden $16k races by Dutrow, the Monday race & the Thursday race (Gulfstream draws Wed & Thur cards on Monday). Since he went in the Monday race (and won) he was, of course, not eligible for the Thursday race and was forced to scratch. Interestingly enough, even if he had lost on Monday, he would have been a Thursday scratch since he was claimed, and the program & DRF which were already printed still had him as part of a Dutrow entry.

dutzman
02-28-2006, 03:06 PM
taintso,

that explains it all, thank you