PDA

View Full Version : Old and Saggy, Had a Stroke? Don't let that slow you down...

GR1@HTR
07-19-2002, 10:36 AM
http://msn.espn.go.com/moresports/news/2002/0719/1407570.html

smf
07-19-2002, 04:52 PM
Looks like he celebrated a lil bit too much afterwards on an out of town trip.

http://www.wisinfo.com/thereporter/news/archive/local_5057419.shtml

Heck, this happens @ homes on the M streets near Greenville Ave about every night...

superfecta
07-31-2002, 01:37 AM
True Story..
Know a guy who was at Remington Park on Belmont Day a few years back.He bet the Belmont and while waiting for the race to go off he began to suffer chest pangs....yep he was having a heart attack.He sits there debating whether to go to the hosp. or see who wins,Belmont or hosp...Belmont or hosp.....Bel....hospital wins.Later on he finds out he won money....but has to wait till he gets out to collect."After all," he sez later,"it was the Belmont."

so.cal.fan
07-31-2002, 01:05 PM
I have seen people more than once, having a heart attack at Santa Anita, Hollywood Park or Del Mar, and refuse to be taken to the hospital until the race they just bet was run.
One guy at Santa Anita, took the oxygen mask off his face and told the attendants to wait a minuet, he was alive in the double, and wanted to see if he won! The guy won! Went to the hospital after the race! The hospital is right near Santa Anita, I called to see if the guy made it- he did!!!! Gotta give a guy like that credit!
:D

superfecta
07-31-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
I have seen people more than once, having a heart attack at Santa Anita, Hollywood Park or Del Mar, and refuse to be taken to the hospital until the race they just bet was run.
One guy at Santa Anita, took the oxygen mask off his face and told the attendants to wait a minuet, he was alive in the double, and wanted to see if he won! The guy won! Went to the hospital after the race! The hospital is right near Santa Anita, I called to see if the guy made it- he did!!!! Gotta give a guy like that credit!
:D Alive in the double?Couldv'e been DOA .....:eek:

Rick
08-01-2002, 01:18 AM
socal,

I know the hospital. My Mom used to work there.

so.cal.fan
08-01-2002, 11:58 AM
Rick, my son was born there 36 years ago!

When I said you gotta give that guy credit, I meant as a
"dedicated horseplayer", not as a rational person. LOL