PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Medals

kingfin66
02-24-2006, 07:52 PM
I haven't been watching the Winter Olympics, but I received my Sports Illustrated today. The cover is a picture of 6 U.S. medal winners, one of whom is a dead ringer for Danny Bonaduce c.Partidge Family days, wearing what look to be compact discs. I later went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and the nice girl that checked us out was wearing a CD around her neck. I commented that it resembles the Olympic medals and she said that her manager is a big fan of the Olympics and awarded medals today. Does anybody know, are thse just temporary medals until the real ones are ready, or are these really what these athletes are being awarded?

lsbets
02-24-2006, 08:50 PM
I heard they had a hole in the middle to symbolize the open plazas in Italy. I think they look dumb - like you said they look like CDs. I guess Carrot Head, what do they call him? the Flying Tomato? could hang it from his rear view mirror.

Ron
02-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Have you tried Google? If you're not interested, then continue to be not interested. You both sound a little silly and uneducated, which I know isn't true.

kingfin66
02-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Have you tried Google? If you're not interested, then continue to be not interested. You both sound a little silly and uneducated, which I know isn't true.

Was it my poor sentence structure? All of the mispelled words. Bad punctuation? Like I said, I was looking at my Sports Illustrated (not proof that I can read by any means) and happened to notice the medals.

You sound kind of like a jerk, which may very well be true!

lsbets
02-24-2006, 10:23 PM

Wow - tell me what sounds silly or uneducated. The open plazas? That came from the NBC TV coverage. The Carrot head comment? Look at the dude - and yes, his nickname is the Flying Tomato.

And I think they look dumb. Perhaps you think that is silly or uneducated, but that's my opinion, they look dumb. If you like them, more power to you. I don't.