PDA

View Full Version : GG 4th Colonel Courtney

Light
02-24-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm posting this because a jockey agent who is well connected to the owner and trainer of this horse, Colonel Courtney,told me an intersting occurence after this horse's last start.

In his last race,he was shipped to Los Al from GG to run in an 870 race. The jock agent told me(his words,not mine) that the jock colony down there is clickish and do not welcome invaders with a different jock than their colony. He said when they broke,the the 2 horses on both sides of him intentionally broke inward to squeeze him at the start.(I didn't see the race). Then when they turned for home they yelled to eachother,"here he comes,block him". It was an interesting insight to jockey colonies that I was totally unaware of.

Anyrate Colonel Courtney is running again today in GG 4th. Only 5 horses and he is 7/2 M.L. So no biggie but it will be interesting to see how he does today.

Ron
02-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Why would they hurt their own chances of winning to block another horse?

kenwoodallpromos
02-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Must have been more about screwing the jockey than their own success. That is why they are not good enough jockeys to push a thoroughbred beyond its natural 4f limit. I will see them at the Ca fairs in Notrthern Ca as they are not good enough to ride GGF or BM like the jockey they screwed and round 2 could be at Stockton in June!

kenwoodallpromos
02-24-2006, 04:18 PM
If Baze on the 1 or Hollendorfer's #6 cannot get the lead they probably lose. Col. has a good shot and Lopez is greast at knowing the track conditions. Been running fast. Workouts shoe medium speed but it may be a little slow, hopefully the rail is slow!

Light
02-24-2006, 08:05 PM
5 Colonel Courtney 4.80 3.00 2.60
6 Bolted Heart 3.80 2.40
4 Swen 2.60

I guess my little secret was no secret.

kenwoodallpromos
02-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Your horse was quick after the start- and the 1 + 6 lagged early.

Light
02-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Why would they hurt their own chances of winning to block another horse?

I believe they use a system called"you scratch my back today and I'll scratch your back tomorrow". No I'm not saying races are fixed,but connections go a long way. Give you an example.

Why was CC bet down so much today? My suspicion is this trainer's silent partner who has roomated with the jock agent I mentioned. He has been known to put thousands on a horse to win in a single race. He knew more than me that this horse would win today.

The jock agent is a customer of mine. I'm his mechanic. So when he drops his car off on a day the track is dark,he gets picked up in a car by other trainers or jock agents so they can go golfing for the day.How chummy. When you start to find find out who is buddies with who,it's hard not to wonder how there cannot be some foul play. The Las AL incident is testimony to that atmosphere.

kenwoodallpromos
02-25-2006, 02:38 AM
Maybr the PP's reveal trouble in CC's last-maybe lots of GGF bettors know Hollendorfer's jockey would save #6's energy- I did! I did not even have the PP's to get the speed of 1 + 6- I just know the track enough to know Baze and Hol's tendencies.
Lately Baze has been slow pushing "GO" when at the top of the last turn and losing. Today Garcia was on a closer but took the horse way too far back to close. I got a good laugh our of that one!