PDA

View Full Version : Smarty Jones Chart

Lefty
02-24-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm having a mild disagreement with a fellow who said Smarty Jones was co-fav and pd 10 bucks plus when he won the derby. I don't think so. If anyone has the chart would you please e-mail it to me? Appreciate it.

Figman
02-24-2006, 11:34 AM
http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2004/derby_coverage/derby_news/derby_news_05012004c.html

OTM Al
02-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Was the straight fav that day actually. The exacta was sweet for top 2 favs and I still kick myself for not playing what I thought was an obvious super. I love Derby day. So much crazy money in the pools that hits that day pay way more than they would any other day

Lefty
02-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks, Figman. I got a split.

Stevie Belmont
02-24-2006, 09:33 PM
I made out like a bandit on Derby 130. Had touted the speed ball from Philly from the very beginning of the maiden break at Philly Park. Lion Heart in my opinion was the only real threat. Smarty was the fastest 3 year old bar none. Had a future on Smarty. Had the win, zacta, and the tri with all in the third spot for a 987 Tri. The super was over 41 grand, and with that philsophy would have bagged that as well. And if did back Lion Heart with a win/place bet, you would have still had success as he paid a sqaure 8.20 for place. Very good price. Smarty place and show prices were also sqaure.

I agree, the best days for scores are the days with the huge million dollar pools in the major Graded Stake events.