PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Park Race 6 - 2/24/06

Tee
02-24-2006, 10:16 AM
1ˆ Mile. (Turf). MC 62500

In short I'm looking at two horses in this race.

#3 West Coast - Been on the shelf for 6 months, could be a concern. Trainer George Weaver shows a good percentage & a positive roi with horses off for 90+ days, so I'm not that worried. Stayed on nicely last out after being wide on both turns. Looks to be working forwardly, watch the tote & the horse on track for clues if he is truly well meant today.

#7 Chucker - Drew poorly in his last start off a bit of a break. Chart says Ducked out st; eased, but he did make a nice middle move to reach contention. The blinkers are coming off, the trn/jock combo of Cornelio Velasquez/Bill Mott has been clicking of late. Nice morning line price of 10/1 on a improving 3 year old making his 2nd start both on the grass & going long.

canadadry
02-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Now you are a real sneaky-pete! I thought I might be the only one to eyeball a good play on Chucker.;)

If this horse can position himself well he will score when the early pace breaks down. C. Velasquez is a good fit for Bill Mott's horses (good combo!).

I wouldn't concern myself with the odds since this is a full field.

Skanoochies
02-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Tee.... It`s the fifth race. Make sure you don`t bet the wrong race. Good luck. :confused:

Tee
02-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Tee.... It`s the fifth race. Make sure you don`t bet the wrong race. Good luck. :confused:

Thanx for the heads up!!!

I just don't function that well early in the morning. :)