PDA

View Full Version : Is good hair a necessity for winning the presidency?

fergie
02-24-2006, 09:11 AM
First, I'm hopinng this ends up in new posts--not handicapping software--if that is not where it lands would someone please reply to let me know how to get things in proper location in the future.
Now, as to the good hair thing.
It seems to me that today's voting populace has become so shallow that a primary requirement for winning the presidency is to have good hair. Fact is a bald man has not won since IKE, and he was a war hero, from the WWII, era.
Most of us didn't have TVs so his appearance was not such a factor as it seems to be today. You can say Gerry Ford, but he didn't win the presidency, he was named to it through the Nixon scandal.
So 52 years. I don't know the statistics for % of men that are bald or balding by age 42, but would think that it would probably approach 40% or so. Are today's voters so shallow as to reject potential candidates based only on appearance? Do people think a bald man is less intelligent? Maybe its the perceptions of people behind the scenes who decide who will be considered acceptable (or not) to the American public? At any rate it seems to me that we are wasting the potential abilities of millions of men based on something as fickle as chromasome placement.
Just my opinion.
What do you think?
Fergie

kenwoodallpromos
02-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Bald women, minorities, uglies do poorly also.
I would look more at height andn good clothes than amount of hair, but executive healthy looking types pevail.Buit I do think the job was Elvis'es if he wanted it! Still leaves Hillary out!

Snag
02-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Going bald is different than being totally bald. I've read where people have a different perception of totally bald vs bald on top even if the sides are cut short. The comb over crowd is really at a disadvantage.

There have been studies about lawyers at trial and the way the people on the jury think about the lawyer and his presentation. Going Bald. Not Good. Full head of hair. Good. I'm sure this carries over to TV and rejection of potential candidates based only on appearance. Fat vs Fit may also be another requirement. I know that leaves me out of the running....:D

Hosshead
02-25-2006, 07:33 AM
...There have been studies about lawyers at trial and the way the people on the jury think about the lawyer and his presentation. Going Bald. Not Good. Full head of hair. Good. I'm sure this carries over to TV and rejection of potential candidates based only on appearance. Fat vs Fit may also be another requirement. .:DSomebody shoulda told that to Dr. Phil !!! :eek:

Tom
02-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Not as concerned with the hair as what's underneath it.

kenwoodallpromos
02-25-2006, 01:54 PM
What is the last time a Pres wore a wig? A toupee? I think WH Harrison had a fake beard.