PDA

View Full Version : Palm Meadows Training Ceenter

kenwoodallpromos
02-20-2006, 02:58 PM
From the GP website-
"Q. Will there be a turf course at the training center?

A. With the 2006 racing season, a turf course has been completed and will be available for training at Palm Meadows. The turf course will be open for training on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week. The use of the turf course will be for breezing ONLY.

Breezing and workouts are for horses nominated to an upcoming turf stake at Gulfstream Park with the "intention" of running in a particular stake race." ;)

cj
02-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Umm...thanks for the info.

BIG RED
02-20-2006, 04:29 PM
.....what happens if he unbreezes?

kenwoodallpromos
02-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Or She runs in a dirt maiden? Then the trainer better have some pull! :lol:

Murph
02-21-2006, 12:29 AM
I like to see handride works on layoff turf runners. They often return from extended layoffs and a handy work or two can point to good conditioning. I wonder what the penalty is for working too handily?

I have to ask, how does Frank Stronach benefit from these rules he has made?

Murph

CryingForTheHorses
02-21-2006, 04:50 AM
I like to see handride works on layoff turf runners. They often return from extended layoffs and a handy work or two can point to good conditioning. I wonder what the penalty is for working too handily?

I have to ask, how does Frank Stronach benefit from these rules he has made?

Murph

Most racetracks restrict turf training to just "stake" horses.Frank at least has his turf open 3 days a week. At Calder the horseman may only train on the turf on Monday..No maidens allowed.Its not just FRANK that makes rules.

cj
02-21-2006, 06:14 AM
Most racetracks restrict turf training to just "stake" horses.Frank at least has his turf open 3 days a week. At Calder the horseman may only train on the turf on Monday..No maidens allowed.Its not just FRANK that makes rules.

Calder is on track though right? The actual turf course used for racing I mean. It seems odd that a training center doesn't allow many to train on the turf.

I do recall the Saratoga training course didn't seem to allow much use of the turf course either.

kenwoodallpromos
02-21-2006, 11:18 AM
This Maiden Ann Harris who trained on the PMM turf and then ran on the Dirt was trained by the head of the Keeneland Association. I wonder if everyone is allowed to do that?
Maybe they knew about his first training win (in a stakes race!) after a surface switch (dirt to turf) and were not surprise by the reverse switch of this one! As was pointed out, multiple betting pools bet Ann Harris much better than 60-1!
How many individual betting coups were there by those "in the know?".
Like I said, knowing the small trainer moves is worth learning!

kenwoodallpromos
02-21-2006, 11:30 AM
PMM is on the Calder website and Calder offers free horse van service to PMM.
"AURORA, ON (November 3, 2005) /PRNewswire/ -- Hurricane Katrina evacuees who were moved to Magna Entertainment Corp.'s (MEC) Palm Meadows Training Center in Florida in early September will return to Louisiana on Friday, November 4, 2005, on a special charter flight arranged by Air Canada."
Darn nice of Stronach to help Katrina victims; and to help newbie 2-win trainers by changing HIS rules for the guy who helped write national thoroughbred auction rules!