PDA

View Full Version : $8 Lifetime PPs at Equibase

foregoforever
02-19-2006, 11:05 PM
I got a notice that a horse I like is running at Gulfstream on Wednesday, so I popped over to Equibase to look at the entries. While there, I noticed that I could get a lifetime PP for this horse for the wonderful price of $8.

Now I'm not a high roller like all the rest of you ;) but just out of curiosity, is there anyone out there that would pay $8 for a lifetime PP for a horse? After all, come race day, I'll be able to pay a fraction of that for the Form and get the lifetime PP's for this and a lot of other horses as well. Where did Equibase come up with this price?

For $8, you'd think they have a monk with a quill pen writing these things out on a scroll and handing it to a pony express rider to deliver it.

dutzman
02-19-2006, 11:44 PM
hahaha, I wanted to find out some nfo on a horse just the other day and saw that price!! I was just like screw it....I got the form the day the horse ran

tahoesid
02-20-2006, 12:50 AM
Lifetime means just that....not just the last 10 that are in the Racing Form. It is probably something trainers would want to look at before claiming or buying a horse. Of some use to some handicappers also I'm sure.

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2006, 04:06 AM
Bris offers lifetime PPs, and the last time I checked it wasn't anything near $8....I just checked BRIS again, and it's $5 per horse for a lifetime starts report.

They actually offer lifetime CHARTS for $10....

$$$$$
02-20-2006, 04:59 AM
If you use the DRF Formulator software and buy the Formulator 4 files($5 for 3 tracks), you get lifetime PP's for every horse running. :cool:

shanta
02-20-2006, 06:10 AM
For $8, you'd think they have a monk with a quill pen writing these things out on a scroll and handing it to a pony express rider to deliver it.

:lol: :lol:

Tom
02-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Equibase = friend of racing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

fmhealth
02-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Mr Forego, if you prefer you can watch the past 10 races for any horse at NO CHARGE WHATSOEVER. Sort of like a video DRF. Simply go to ww.calracing.com. Hope this helps.

Murph
02-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Bris offers lifetime PPs, and the last time I checked it wasn't anything near $8....I just checked BRIS again, and it's $5 per horse for a lifetime starts report.

They actually offer lifetime CHARTS for $10....

Is that really too much to ask for this type of info? I mean if you're going to spend several hunderd thousand dollars at the fall "pony" sale, spending a few grand on research isn't out of line. The supply of product is a bit limited and the demand is great. The connections who can best use these specialized reports are breeding the next champion horse racers after all.

As a handicapper, I use many of the free reports available as learning tools in relation to Indiana bred horses. Anyone can sign up for the pedrigree newsletter and they will send you the free links each month. I'm looking for the IN sire of a KY Derby starter to occur at least once in my lifetime. :D

That'll be worth more than money to me.

Murph

NoDayJob
02-21-2006, 03:29 AM
so I popped over to Equibase to look at the entries. While there, I noticed that I could get a lifetime PP for this horse for the wonderful price of $8.

Where did Equibase come up with this price?

:lol: For that price I'm sure that they are doing autographed copies, by hand, in cuneoform on a fresh clay tablet, delivered to you overnight by Fed Ex. :lol:

NoDayJob
02-21-2006, 03:37 AM
Equibase = friend of racing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Equibase = we know horse players are dummies so let's stick it to 'em good. Yep, 8 bucks sounds about right. Let's see how many of them are out there.

thebeacondeacon
02-21-2006, 06:20 AM
Now, if I could get daily PPs for $8 over my lifetime, that would be a great deal!

I think the Equibase offer is mainly for purchasers, auction participants, Triple Crown/Breeders Cup addicts, and those horseplayers who believe that any running line beyond one year is of any value whatsoever. I'm not in any of these categories.