PDA

View Full Version : Formulator

TravisVOX
02-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Does anyone have the original version install file and a data file? One or the other would be awesome! We tossed our disk...grrr.

Tom
02-19-2006, 04:16 PM
F3?

kitts
02-19-2006, 06:23 PM
DRF offers free Formulator software on their website. It includes Formulator 4 which might be a problem for you. They also offer a free CD of Formulator 4, however I requested that freebie and got nada. Oh, well...........

douglasw32
02-19-2006, 09:09 PM
3 allowed for opening the database with all there predefined fields upin Microsoft Access, the new one disables this glitch...foor that reason i saved copies all over, I fear eventually they will do away with the files opening in the old version though :(

No biggie, but it is so much easier to open it, convert it to the ne ms access file save it and cut and paste my queries into the copy then exporting and coming up with field 1, field 2, etc.

So if you absolutly need the older free version I have the install.

TravisVOX
02-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Douglas...exactly why I'm after it.... the DB stuff. Could you email it to me? Is it too big to do that? travis@racecalling.com

Tom
02-19-2006, 09:39 PM
I have both 3 and 4 on my computer and only use 3, for that very reason.

I have no use for all the bells and whistles in F4.

qhrick
02-19-2006, 09:49 PM
you might try this page at DRF, I think you may be able to get it from DRF

http://www.drf.com/formulator/formulator_ad3.html

douglasw32
02-20-2006, 02:23 AM
On it's way...I hope if not I can upload it to a temp on our servers and you can download it...pretty sure this ticks off the big drf....

btw- If you ever install formulator 4 by accident or testing or whatever be prepared to fight with the registry in xp not to have it overtake ver 3 completely...what a pain in the *** that was getting back out.

Murph
02-20-2006, 07:21 AM
I have both 3 and 4 on my computer and only use 3, for that very reason.

How did you solve the registry conflicts douglasw32 mentioned, Tom? Do you have seperate disk drive partitions, another method, or did you find a way for them to co-exist on the same drive?

Murph

Tom
02-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Murph,

Only have F3 on my computer.
I put F4 is on an older one, tired,it didn't like it, and never installed it anywhere else.

Murph
02-21-2006, 01:14 AM
BAH! I loaded F4 several months ago on my current setup. I like it, but still have to make my own records. The acess shortcut sounds nice. I had to replace the "old boy" cuz he didn't agree with like apps such as F3. <something about object reference failures.>

Like Doug said, I could run F3 here with some work but I'd rather watch Jerry Maguire again, most likely.

Overall, I'd like to ask any users, has the MSaccess field capture feature improved your record keeping to your satisfaction? Does the time spent equal the value of the records for wagering purposes?

I'm a better handicapper than my computer but "he" remembers what happened last year more accurately than I do. I must upgrade my personal record keeping this season and l'd like to hear some ideas from others on the subject.

Murph