PDA

View Full Version : PHOTO FOR GP - 7TH 2/17

BIG49010
02-17-2006, 04:58 PM
ANYBODY SEE IT, I WAS COUNTING MY MONEY! I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE? :confused: I WAS ON 2ND HORSE

BIG49010
02-18-2006, 10:19 PM
I think they have a hard time with Photo finish on turf, if they even have a camera. They haven't showed this picture anywhere, and they put up horse Vic called.

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Photo? The only place I know of to find photos online is through one of the race replay providers....BrisBet replays show the photo I think....

JimG
02-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Photo? The only place I know of to find photos online is through one of the race replay providers....BrisBet replays show the photo I think....

I checked on Brisbet. No photo for that race, only 1st, 2nd, and 4th race for that date.

BIG49010
02-19-2006, 09:49 PM
The camera work at GP leaves alot to be desired, and for some reason the outside horse always gets the call from Vic, and it looks like the inside horse on TV is the winner.

I've won a race this way and lost two. The photo in question I haven't seen but Saturday was another photo on grass and it looked the same as the race I lost the day before, and sure enough it was the outside horse Vic called and he got the win, and they posted the photo.

toetoe
02-19-2006, 11:17 PM
BIG,

I confess I was expecting to see the face of Steve. :D

point given
02-20-2006, 12:43 AM
The camera work at GP leaves alot to be desired, and for some reason the outside horse always gets the call from Vic, and it looks like the inside horse on TV is the winner.

I've won a race this way and lost two. The photo in question I haven't seen but Saturday was another photo on grass and it looked the same as the race I lost the day before, and sure enough it was the outside horse Vic called and he got the win, and they posted the photo.

Don't ya just wish that Vic Stauffer would just shut up and call the race instead of projecting things all the time and giving his opinion on who won a tight photo race. Just say " its a photo finish and too close to call , and hold all tickets" , like Tom Durkin does in NY. There's nothing worse than having some wise ass announcer telling you that you lost ,because his ego is so large that he wants to be right before the photo is up. The guy needs to be replaced !

BIG49010
02-20-2006, 05:15 AM
I agree with you, Vic needs to just call the race, and leave the photos up to the placing judges. When he goes wild when a horse is 10 in front, it is a waste of breath as far as I am concerned.

Cesario!
02-20-2006, 10:38 AM
:) Yea, sometimes Vic's calls get a little crazy.