PDA

View Full Version : Do u have an expensive 3 yr old that isn't running worth a $%!#

Tee
02-16-2006, 07:09 PM
It just has to be the trainer!!

http://tcm.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=32222

Dr. Carter
02-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Stan Fulton is a typical modern day owner with deep pockets. Comes flush with cash and a bevy of underlings. Instead of having a solid, logical program that can grow as they do, they dive full scale into the market and get eaten piece by piece by the sharks. When the bums that they bought hit the track and go bust and hammer the trainer. When they are fortunate enough to get one that can run they think that they are geniuses and start calling the shots. When they go bad they fire the trainer or sue the advisors. Soon enough they either get sick of losing millions and not winning and get out or they get smart and join forces with the sharks and start banging the other new guys.

RXB
02-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Eoin Harty can't keep a horse sound to save his own life. His charges are good for a few early starts, and that's it. The West Coast version of Ronny Werner. I wouldn't give him a horse in the first place.

Shirreffs isn't the greatest in that regard, either, but he's one up on Harty.

Tee
03-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Ok, so Harty is a bum!! :lol:

I might have to jump back on the A.P. Warrior bandwagon.

Dr. Carter
03-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I take it back.

toetoe
03-18-2006, 09:12 PM
It must be so tempting for trainers to keep their horses in training, while running them only 5 or 6 times per year. They keep up their win %age, and somebody else is paying for it all.