PDA

View Full Version : GULFSTREAM INNER DIRT

BIG49010
02-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Just a hint, the turf is yielding many winners that are more likely to win on the dirt, then the grass.

There were six winners in 5 years sired by Gone West and Seatle Slew. Both had winners in the last couple days with the rail in wire to wire.

Valuist
02-17-2006, 12:11 AM
I thought the most bizarre thing on the GP turf yesterday was the way Indigo Cat was bet. Against a very tough NW2X group, they bet him down to 6-5. Asmussen has never been known to win with Euro shippers and while he's a solid 20 percenter, hes only 13% off 90 day or more layoffs. Pletcher pays $20 and Charlevoix, who could've been favored was a ridiculously overlaid 7-1.

BIG49010
02-17-2006, 05:29 AM
You hit the nail on the head, I was all over it. Chris DeCarlo on grass for Pletcher is a nice angle, the crowd only sees Johnny V., the horse lost to another Pletcher horse

Niko
02-17-2006, 01:41 PM
I agree BIG. I've been waiting for the course to change. Then I'd be able to bet against the horses that ran well on the turf in the beginning of the meet. Bris shows P's and S's doing decent but when I watch how the races are run and where the winners came from it appears different than what I'm accustomed to on the turf. I've paid more attention to dirt type pace ratings than turf ratings. Haven't had much time to play the last two weeks but doesn't sound like it's changed.

Haven't watched the weather down there much. Has it been drier this year than normal? Shouldn't make much of a difference because they water the grass but I'm looking for something...maybe they've changed the length they cut the grass....or maybe my handiapping was just off this year

BIG49010
02-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Niko,

I am in Florida for the winter, and it hasn't rained much, but also they water where I am and the grass doesn't grow much. They cut it a little every 3 weeks and I don't think it even needs it.

It will change I am sure, but now it is very fast for dirt horses. Watch E types in those 5 furlong grass races also.