PDA

View Full Version : Another question for the computer experts

kingfin66
02-14-2006, 09:09 PM
I received this e-mail from someome regarding a problem they are having with some spyware. A lot of the spyware out there is garbage and worst than the stuff you are trying to get rid of. Does anybody have any idea regarding this person's troubles?

Dear Sirs,

Some how I ended up with a program called Spy Falcon, which I traced back to Cypress. This program is insidious in design and function in that, as you try to uninstall, it does not uninstall, and keeps reinstalling itself after many attempts of using other spy ware programs , such as Norton anti-virus, have proven to be bypassed by the Spy Falcon program. It also disables these other anti-virus and spy ware programs. I have even tried disabling it using a Microsoft program that is supposed to help remove these kinds of programs, and yet Spy Falcon has managed to side step these efforts. It is very reminiscent of Spy Axe, which I did manage to remove, except, Spy Falcon even dodges the bullet on this one.

How do I fix this? and how do I make the company pay for a new hard drive? Is recompense possible?

Thank you,

xxxxxxxxx

JustRalph
02-14-2006, 09:13 PM
check this out

http://www.spyware-removal-guideline.com/spyfalcon-removal

I can't vouch for the info...........but I have seen this before

michiken
02-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Do yourself a favor and download any linux distrubtion and abandon windows. I have zero problems with spyware running Fedora Linux.

kingfin66
02-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks Ralph and Michiken. It's actually not a problem that I'm having. Somebody e-mailed my brother through his website and had this question. The website is devoted to alerting people to various scams and frauds, but this person had a tech question that my brother was able to answer.

hurrikane
02-15-2006, 05:35 AM
You have to be really careful what you put on you computer these days. And no matter what do not ever think that because you know a vendor they will not put spyware on your computer.

Back in december I have to rebuild a Windows XP install cd to add a RAID driver to it when it installed (needed it to see the hard drive on install). So, you use this software that allows you to set up install parameters and include or exclude certain pieces of the XP software install. Guess what I found burried down in the install CD. Spyware. And even labeled it as such. And there is no option to not install it with a typical install. And it is burried in the windows sys files so I dont' think typical spyware detection software can find it.

try searching around and find a software that will allow you to rebuild an install cd. Check your Window cd and see if you find it there. Really ticked me off.