PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day

lsbets
02-14-2006, 06:27 PM
I spent an hour this morning looking for a place that could deliver flowers to my wife today (yes, I forgot to order before today). I found a place that guaranteed delivery today, and ordered flowers to send to my wife at work.

Guess what? No flowers and the wife is on the way home. This should be a afun night.

freeneasy
02-14-2006, 06:42 PM
a no fun tonight night :D

Sailwolf
02-14-2006, 07:19 PM
I spent an hour this morning looking for a place that could deliver flowers to my wife today (yes, I forgot to order before today). I found a place that guaranteed delivery today, and ordered flowers to send to my wife at work.

Guess what? No flowers and the wife is on the way home. This should be a afun night.

Tell her that you want to create your own special holiday that is celebrated by no one else.

In my area, prices for roses increased by 20 % just for today. http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/images/UBGX/row2d.gif

lsbets
02-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Tell her that you want to create your own special holiday that is celebrated by no one else.

In my area, prices for roses increased by 20 % just for today. http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/images/UBGX/row2d.gif

On Friday we got a sitter and stayed home. I made dinner (roast tenderloin with roast vegetables) and we had a great bottle of wine. She figured we wouldn't be able to do anything special during the week.

But, you know how it works - today is still Valentine's Day. She doesn't seem mad though, so maybe I'm getting lucky (no pun intended).

Sailwolf
02-14-2006, 07:37 PM
On Friday we got a sitter and stayed home. I made dinner (roast tenderloin with roast vegetables) and we had a great bottle of wine. She figured we wouldn't be able to do anything special during the week.

But, you know how it works - today is still Valentine's Day. She doesn't seem mad though, so maybe I'm getting lucky (no pun intended).

You made your posting at 4:22pm Maybe in 3-4 hours, you find out if you are going to be lucky.;)

chickenhead
02-14-2006, 07:44 PM
She doesn't seem mad though

you said that just right, woe to the man that ever makes a strong declarative about his wifes feelings, ...one of the reasons I love women, they are mysterious, we are rarely ever certain exactly what the score is...and they ALWAYS know :D

so.cal.fan
02-14-2006, 07:48 PM
lsbets?
I can't believe your post!
I ordered my Valentine's Day gifts from your store, weeks ago, my mother already recieved them! (Loved them, by the way)
I told people to order their gifts early from YOUR STORE, and now you are saying you FORGOT your wife?
Good grief, about the only thing you can do now is to try to get in the best restaurant in town, no matter what it cost you............ :bang: :bang: :bang:

JustRalph
02-14-2006, 09:37 PM
LS, my wife is out of town on Business.........Miami of all places...........be glad yours is within reach............give her a big ole Dixie Fried Hug from Ralph !

michiken
02-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Tell her you were busy betting the ponies and forgot. At least you would be honest!

Lefty
02-14-2006, 10:29 PM
35 yrs and I never buy her anything. But I always write a poem. She thinks i'm a romantic devil.

lsbets
02-14-2006, 11:24 PM
The thing is, Friday night was supposed to be our Valentine's Day night. That's why the kids weren't home, we made dinner, had some great wine, and I even sat through Dancing With the Stars and the opening ceremony of the Olympics.

I just figured this morning that if I didn't do anything she would be disappointed. I did get lucky - she saw the e-mail I sent about the non-delivery to the flower guys and laughed her ass off. So its not like I totally forgot.

JR - believe me, I'm glad she's here, and glad I'm here. The last two years I wasn't home, so every special day since I got back has been a milestone of sorts.

Michiken - if playing the ponies were all, I'd have plenty of time to remember everything. For some dumbass reason I decided to branch out and start a business, and on top of that we had a pipe burst and are basically remodeling the whole first floor of our house. I need 40 hour days, then I can catch up. ;)

Lefty - you're the man! I can't picture you writing poetry, but way to go!

Diane - its not like I could get her coffee! She gets that every morning, fresh roasted the day before! Around the house we call it leftover blend - the leftovers of whatever orders we shipped the day before.

Bala
02-15-2006, 12:02 AM
After 5 kids, if I spent any $$$ on flowers -- I would be permanently
living in the dog house.

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2006, 03:14 AM
It wasn't proflowers, was it? I have had nothing but good experiences with them...

lsbets
02-15-2006, 07:46 AM
It wasn't proflowers, was it? I have had nothing but good experiences with them...

No, not proflowers.