PDA

View Full Version : bris browser problems

WINMANWIN
02-13-2006, 08:46 PM
I am having a mind boggling computer problem accessing bris bet. I have no problem accessing the handicapping products etc. I have a problem accessing the actual bris wagering system. When I access it on aol, I input
my account # password and the blank white screen to NOWHERE APPEARS.
I did an aol computer check, no problems, I deleted cache, temporary internet files etc, and the problem persists, no access to bris.bet wagering.
I can access super tote :confused: I also tried msn explorer browser, that gets me to bris.com, but when I try to access bris.bet, it says SITE not found
:bang: The techies at bris bet and america tab, Have NO IDEA, and have stated that I am not the only one that encountered these problems. So if anyone can offer any Advice, it would be Appreciated....... :ThmbUp:

WINMANWIN
02-13-2006, 10:46 PM
I downloaded Netscape and when I hit the selection to access the wagering
menu, it tells me www.brisbet.com could not be found :confused: I usually use nyc otb for wagering, but need bris for video etc, If no one can help me
I guess I just have to use NYC OTB or call in the wagers with brisbet, but
I like the feature of managing my acct, transfering funds etc with Bris. I am OPEN TO ANY OTHER IDEAS :ThmbUp:

WINMANWIN
02-13-2006, 11:23 PM
can't find the web site 400 Bad Request The site may no longer exist or it may have moved.
Double-check for any misspellings, punctuation errors, or extra spaces.
If these suggestions do not work, try restarting your computer.

Above is the MESSAGE I get from msn explorer, when I access brisbet from the supertote screen. :bang: When I try to access it from netscape, IT
ALSO GIVES ME an Error :confused: When I try to access it from the AOL browser, I do get the Act # & SIGN-ON, password screen, but then I get the infamous screen BELOW :rolleyes:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

JustRalph
02-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Winman, what is the actual address that you are trying to connect to? post it...........let me look into it.........

Ralph

WINMANWIN
02-14-2006, 03:04 AM
Winman, what is the actual address that you are trying to connect to? post it...........let me look into it.........

Ralph

Tks for your help Ralph, its http://www.americatab.com/new_wagertote/affiliate/1100/brisbet.html
I GET THE SIGN-ON SCREEN ON THE AOL BROWSER, WHEN I TYPE IN MY
SIGN-ON AND PASSWORD I GET THE FOLLOWING Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). ETC ETC, AS POSTED EARLIER.

WHEN I TRY AND ACCESS http://www.americatab.com/new_wagertote/affiliate/1100/brisbet.html
WITH MSN EXPLORER OR NETSCAPE BROWSER'S THE ABOVE LINK CANT BE FOUND, FOLLOWING MSG APPEARS. The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. I AM USING NETSCAPE 8.1 AND MSN EXPLORER 6.0.TKS

Bala
02-15-2006, 12:56 AM
What revision of AOL are you using? AOL browser is in fact a custom version
on IE. AOL's software is so bulky it changes many settings on your system
without user permission. If you are using AOL 9.0 try this:

use only their dialer to get on line and use an alternate browser.

In IE - internet properties - security tab - trusted sites - cut and paste the
url.

In IE - internet properties - advanced tab - uncheck both "Http 1.1 settings."

BTW: netscape is owned by AOL.

JustRalph
02-15-2006, 06:21 AM
winman, I can hit that page just fine..........I suspect a script is hanging or some flash content. Try downloading the latest version of whatever browser you are running......... and I suspect that it is an aol problem. If you can get to another computer, try logging in from there...........you could also consider a system restore..........any updates? software added lately?

WINMANWIN
02-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the input Gents, I tried the settings you requested Bala and that didn't work, :mad: Thought you were on to something. ;) Ralph, no updates to my knowledge, may just want to re-load new version of aol browser and msn, but 3 browsers including netscape wont let me access it :bang: btw
Bala I had to change the internet settings from msn explorer, another words I have to open up explore's browser and adjust the settings. How do I do it from AOL'S BROWSER ?

ecaroff
02-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Try this.......................

http://www.americatab.com/new_wagertote/affiliate/1100/brisbet.html

Bala
02-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Winmanwin wrote: "....How do I do it from AOL'S BROWSER?"

Depending on what version you are using -- on top of your AOL toolbar there
is a <keyword> tab. Click keyword, a small window opens, type
<<<Browser Settings>>>

Winmanwin wrote : "....did an aol computer check, no problems, I deleted cache, temporary internet files etc"

It can be a real pain to find ALL those files scattered on your hard drive.
Over time these .tmp/.temp will slow your computer down. I have had great
success with; http://acesoft.net/ and
http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/windowwasher/

Try cnet.com in downloads. They may be free to try or limited use.

WINMANWIN
02-15-2006, 10:18 PM
The Bris Tech will be calling me Tomorrow :D He will earn his money with this Doozy :lol:

JustRalph
02-16-2006, 06:56 AM
The Bris Tech will be calling me Tomorrow :D He will earn his money with this Doozy :lol:

that is for sure! It sounds nasty..........let us know how it turns out

michiken
02-16-2006, 09:38 AM
You can also try downloading Mozilla Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/) whcih is another alternative, free browser.

Firefox is safer than IE and the aol/spyware ridden netscape browsers. It has a built in popup blocker and you can download ad and flash blocking extensions. It also allows you to clear all your private data and cache with one click.

You should also be running a firewall, anti spyware and antivirus programs. There are many free one available:

I reccomend Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, AVG Anitvirus and ZoneAlarm Firewall. You can get them at download.com (http://www.download.com/). Just browse thru the most popular list on the lower right hand corner of the page.

The best thing you can do is to dump aol. You do not need their browser to access the internet.

WINMANWIN
02-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Thanks for everyone's help. I do appreciate it. Bris tech told me to download this, it WORKED. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html :jump:

AwolAwolAtPA
02-17-2006, 03:37 AM
hi WinMan,

my hunch is that you are trying to get into BrisBet directly.

you must enter through an '..affiliate..'

use www.brisnet.com (http://www.brisnet.com/) yes NET with N not BET with B

from the home page, the second line for links has at the end BrisBet-tm and HOME

the link is http://www.brisbet.com/ but will NOT work from here. You have to do this from the BrisNet home page.

after you get to the BrisBet sign on screen, you can mark it as a favorite and then APPEAR to go there directly for your next sign on by using your favorite. This has worked for me using IE 6.0.2600

oh, side issue about affiliate, is that SOMETIMES after a few hours of betting, watching videos, etc, your screen will abort with message that you did not enter through an affiliate. In frustration, you say W**t**F, I have been using this for hours and now you abort with this dumb message!! Well, using IE 6.x, this happens to me about once a week. So, accept this is the reality of software (works most of the time) and you have to close the window and sign back in using the 'affiliate' link.

MAYBE this will help.
If not work, then would like to know how the Bris techies solved the problem.

duane/Awol

WINMANWIN
02-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Tks for your help, but the bris tech had me install the above fix as mentioned in my earlier post. That did the trick, now If they allocate more bandwidth to there video servers, maybe I wont time out repeatedly watching there video :mad:

AwolAwolAtPA
02-17-2006, 04:27 AM
aahh, morning Duane!!

the posting at 7:51 AM Thr 16 Feb 2006 by WinManWin has the answer!!

just came back to check that the referenced direct link to BrisBet really did not work and aaah, there is the answer BEFORE the posting of the AFFILIATE solution. The ten (10) minute edit or delete time had expired, SO, no chance to delete as if never did that!! Oh, the link DID work instead of not work as described, guess that is strike two.

sure, I could claim that the internet had not posted that part of the thread. BUT, I think that I did not scroll down and read the last post. Guess I need to change my brand of smoke!!

so, chalk one up as a loser for AWOL

michiken
02-17-2006, 05:52 AM
SOMETIMES after a few hours of betting, watching videos, etc, your screen will abort with message that you did not enter through an affiliate. In frustration, you say W**t**F,

When you first login, I am pretty sure that bris sets a session cookie with a time limit expiration.

This probably is intended to keep your account more secure so you can not accidentally stay logged in all the time.

I seem to get this message around the 6 hour mark and simply logout and re-login.

JustRalph
02-17-2006, 08:37 AM
very cool fix. Somebody had to write an app to fix the usual connection problems that windows encounters. Good on them! Win, I would still try to figure out what caused your problem, if you can remember. I wouldn't want to repeat the process with ten minutes to post in a race where you have the 30-1 shot nailed.............and you can't log in.......... something corrupted or deleted your winsock files...............think hard..........it might come in handy. FYI

Bala
02-17-2006, 03:14 PM
In my experience, most--- almost all--- such problems are due to the unexpected actions of
one or more security tools or settings. Your firewall or some script-stopper could be in the
way, for example; there's no way to know from here.

There also can be problems cause by too-aggressive Registry cleaning; if a tool removes a
key or value it shouldn't, software may break. The trick here is not to let any cleaner take out
everything it wants to unless you have a good image or other rollback tool, so you can
recover from a too-aggressive cleaning; and to watch the tool very carefully for the first few
runs, until you're sure it's not taking out anything it shouldn't.