PDA

View Full Version : second most serious threat on our security

ljb
02-13-2006, 06:26 PM
How about letting an Arab country take control of our ports?

Secretariat
02-13-2006, 10:16 PM
LJB.

No one seems interested in something like that. For those who don't know what you mean -

http://www.forbes.com/work/feeds/ap/2006/02/11/ap2518368.html

Associated Press
UAE Co. Poised to Oversee Six U.S. Ports
By TED BRIDIS , 02.11.2006, 09:41 AM

A company in the United Arab Emirates is poised to take over significant operations at six American ports as part of a corporate sale, leaving a country with ties to the Sept. 11 hijackers with influence over a maritime industry considered vulnerable to terrorism.

The Bush administration considers the UAE an important ally in the fight against terrorism since the suicide hijackings and is not objecting to Dubai Ports World's purchase of London-based Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Co

kenwoodallpromos
02-13-2006, 10:45 PM
If anything slips past them we know who to go after!

Tom
02-13-2006, 11:34 PM
This is unacceptable. It is almost the stupidest thing Bush has ever considered, and I am sure none of us are capable of really knowing just what other stupid things this lacky contemplates every day.

The lack of concern over our borders and ports is a crime. We will suffer an attack that will dwarf 9-11 and it will be Bush's fault - of that I have no doubt whatsoever. I only hope DC is still the target - minimal cost to the country there.

JustRalph
02-13-2006, 11:41 PM
You ever heard of keeping your friends close, and your enemies closer?

Who knows what the real deal is on this.............sometimes inviting the fox into the henhouse..........provides you with a much better view of the fox..........at face value it seems screwy.........but who knows.............I would say it is a little obvious........but who knows...............