PDA

View Full Version : The most serious assault on our freedom yet

Tom
02-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Not from Al Qeda, not from Iran, not from China, not from Extremist Islamic wackos - but from Louise Slaughter - my own neighboring ridiculous excuse of a reprentative.

http://www.slaughter.house.gov/HoR/Louise/Hidden+Content/Fairness+Doctrine.htm

She is out to destroy talk radio plan and simple. Is it becasue the liberal radio experiment failed so miserably she thinks the only way to get equal time is to legislate it instead of selling it?
Whatever, this wack job has to be stopped.
Contact your representatives and tell them this is America and the wacky Miss Slaughter is out of her derranged mind to suggest this crap.

Known as the Crush Rush Bill, it is blatantly obvious what her agenda is.
The thought police are beeing talked about.

This will kill lib radio as well - stations carrying Randi Rhodes will be forced to provide free equal time to conservative voices.
Get ready for oldies radio to return.

OTM Al
02-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Once again a legislator trying to "help out" her poor dumb constituents. I know I sure believe everything I here on the radio or TV..........I sure hope this dies the quick death it deserves, but somehow I doubt it.....

GaryG
02-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Get ready for oldies radio to return.Sounds good to me! :jump: :jump:

GameTheory
02-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Isn't that the way it used to be? Reagan relaxed the restrictions and talk radio blossomed. Before that equal time restrictions kept people from talking about anything.

Tom
02-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Yes, Regan gave us free radio.

In a free enterprise systems, demand determines what gets broadcast, and the demand for liberal talk radio is so low, the only way they an counter the truth is to make it economically undesireable.

Slaughter is a local hero around here to many. To others - me for one - she is a fool and a ditz. She spends money like it isn't hers, and it isn't.

Snag
02-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Tom, do you know the status of her Act? The link showed this panel met in 2005 and her Act is dated 2005. I can't find anything current about it.

kenwoodallpromos
02-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Air America website lists 89 radio stations ("and growing"); I stopped counting Limbaugh's at over 100 in Ca, NY, Pa, and MI (red states?).

kenwoodallpromos
02-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Air America website lists 89 radio stations ("and growing"); I stopped counting Limbaugh's at over 100 in Ca, NY, Pa, and MI (blue states?).

kenwoodallpromos
02-13-2006, 06:37 PM
This bill was proposed in a previous session of Congress. Sessions of Congress last two years, and at the end of each session all proposed bills and resolutions that haven't passed are cleared from the books. This bill never became law.
Introduced: Jun 24, 2004
Last Action: Jul 7, 2004: Referred to the Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the Internet.
Sponsor: Rep. Louise Slaughter [D-NY]show cosponsors (37)
(HR 4710) Down the drain.