PDA

View Full Version : GULFSTREAM FRACTIONAL TIMES

BIG49010
02-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Does anybody time the races by hand to fill in all the timer malfunctions?

If so could you post them?

Thank you

delayjf
02-13-2006, 02:48 PM
How do you know there are timing errors :confused:

Figman
02-13-2006, 03:36 PM
You just have to look for the fractional times for Saturday's 4th & featured 10th races. A big "N/A" appears in the charts. Has happened a dozen or more times this year. This is a frequent happening at the "new" Gulfstream Park just as it was at the "old" Gulfstream Park.

BIG49010
02-13-2006, 03:36 PM
They post only the final times, and chart says hand timed.

The Hawk
02-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Is there anything more basic at a racetrack than getting the times right? How much more would Frank have had to spend to fix the timers, which have always been suspect?

JackS
02-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Personally ,I use a line from another track when I suspect a PP line from GP. If you follow Beyer or the TRK/Var and the time in question does not seem reasonable , you should attempt to use another , even if from another track.
At a minimum, I would attempt to adjust from CRC since more than half of the horses racing at GP are coming from there or have raced there.
I have ignored a few Rte lines from GP due to the strange and unreasonableness for the published line.
I would do this at any track and not just GP. If it doesn't make any sense, theres probably something wrong.

cj
02-13-2006, 05:37 PM
How do you know there are timing errors :confused:

There are also several recent races where just some of the fractions are missing.

point given
02-14-2006, 01:20 PM
There are also several recent races where just some of the fractions are missing.

The fractions for the Appleton were, approx.

24. 47. 1:16 1:28 1:32.4

I wrote them down as posted , pretty quick last 2F and last 1F ! I had handicapped a speed duel, with L'oiseau, Gulch Approval and Ft Dodge. GA and FD went around themselves, no L, when I saw the 1:16 time, the goose was cooked, then i saw the other fractions go up and blinked alot. The internal calls graphics were quickly taken down. i wrote the bloodhorse and DRF about it. heard from DRF, said Mike Welsh would look into it. never heard from BH.

BIG49010
02-14-2006, 06:08 PM
I am going to try and time off of the youbet replay, if it works I will let everybody know.

I used to do it at the track with the race replay system, but I have not had this many races where you needed to check them in years.

karlskorner
02-14-2006, 06:27 PM
When you "hand time" the Appleton at GP off of Youbet, take into consideration that the temp. rails were out 48 feet. This turns a mile race into 1 1/16+. You have to do the math to adjust the internals and final time. See my post under letter to Stroanch, the temp. rails have been out as much as 90 feet for turf, in the Appleton 48 feet. This is the reason everybody is having problems with the internals or lack there of.

cj
02-14-2006, 06:34 PM
When you "hand time" the Appleton at GP off of Youbet, take into consideration that the temp. rails were out 48 feet. This turns a mile race into 1 1/16+. You have to do the math to adjust the internals and final time. See my post under letter to Stroanch, the temp. rails have been out as much as 90 feet for turf, in the Appleton 48 feet. This is the reason everybody is having problems with the internals or lack there of.

The rails were out 48 feet, but the distance of the race was still a mile. It DOES NOT turn it into a longer race. If the distance were not one mile, you would get ABOUT 1 Mile as the distance. The starting point of the race is adjusted for any additional circumference added by moving the rails.

cj
03-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Apparently the old timer is acting up again at GP, surprised Karl didn't notice over his bowl of clam chowder as surely he would have mentioned it. There was no time taken at all for one of the races on turf.

Is it too much to ask for in 2006 to expect fractional and final times for each race? Even if the timer breaks, how hard is it to do electronically after the race? It cannot be that hard.

I wonder if a Horse Wizard would be allowed to be broken this long?

karlskorner
03-09-2006, 11:12 AM
I didn't bother to mention it because I don't think anybody cares. You certainly would not use my fractionals, as they are from the gate. Big difference.

Tom
03-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Apparently the old timer is acting up again at GP,

When I first read this, I thought you were talking about Karl! :eek:

(Just kidding, Karl ;) )

cj
03-09-2006, 11:41 AM
I didn't bother to mention it because I don't think anybody cares. You certainly would not use my fractionals, as they are from the gate. Big difference.

Why would people not care? I am sure this pisses off lots of people.

I use the fractions and the run up, which accomplishes roughly the same thing you do, though admittedly not as good.

The Hawk
03-09-2006, 01:24 PM
As stated earlier, it's a disgrace -- and a slap in the face to the players -- that a racetrack can't get something as basic as the fractional and final times right (many of the fractions at GP are suspicious, and have been for years), much less a major racetrack, and one that just spent a fortune rebuilding.

Valuist
03-09-2006, 01:30 PM
At GP I think you're better off making your own observations in all their grass races or any grass race run at an "about distance" or the rail out. I'll just write "fast pace, avg pace or slow pace" based upon how bunched the field is.

OTM Al
03-09-2006, 04:18 PM
6th race, 3/8/2006.....

No time was available for this race due to the starting gate being placed in front of the timing beam for this distance.

Uh.......negative runup? Somebody didn't notice this? Oh well, longer you look at charts your bound to find something stupifying eventually.....