PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Capper III

dmattern
02-13-2006, 11:32 AM
FINAL OUTCOME!!

I see the thread about the Amazing Capper has just about run its course. So I want to discuss the Final Outcome.

I know this is a forum about horses and software that people sell. People come here and ask about a software program that maybe they are thinking about purchasing. But I think they want responses from people that is using the software or know somebody that is using it, to respond.

For some reason we have a lot of people on this forum that seems to like to put their two cents worth in whether they actually know anything about it or not. I said in the other thread and I will say it again. IF YOU DON'T OWN THE PROGRAM OR KNOW SOMEBODY THAT DOES, WHERE DO YOU GET THE BALLS TO PUT YOUR NOSE WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG?
As we all know some people on here made a big deal out of the testimonials about my program that was posted on another web site called horsesites. They tried to insinuate that I was telling people what to say and if there were any negative posts put there I would delete them or have someone do so. There were two gentlemen that insisted that either I or somebody I had directed to do this was responsible. Namely somebody called Midnight and a Tom Barrister.

So guess what happened? Some (sicko) by the name of Ray Mills went to horsesites and wrote a very negative post about my program. I HAVE NO RECORD ANYWHERE OF THIS MAN EVER PURCHASING MY PROGRAM!! And I have to keep records as they need an unlock code to use the program. If you go to http://www.horsesites.com and look at handicapping and then click on software you will see Amazing Capper. As you will plainly see this Ray Mills wrote this and submitted it on 12/16/05, right at the time the other thread about my program was going hot and heavy. If you haven't read the other thread about my program, do so and you will plainly see he made it up right out of all the remarks that were made in that thread, including it will probably be deleted before anybody gets a chance to read it.
I REALLY HOPE THIS MAKES ALL OF YOU VERY HAPPY!!
You will also see one of my clients seen this and posted a reply, a gentleman by the name of Chris Johnson. Don't start your BS about me having him go there and do this. I was not aware of it until I clicked on the site and seen it. This man lives in California and is a software programmer and career man in the armed forces.

As I said in my FOOD FOR THOUGHT thread, when somebody asks a question about a program or system that is for sale and you don't know anything about it, why don't you ask some questions and see what answers you get, before you put your nose where it doesn't belong. SURE WOULD MAKE FOR A MUCH NICER FORUM!!

PA - I know you are going to be upset about the link to horsesites, but I really don't care. There are other sites out there that people go to about horses, just the same as there are other software programs out there other than mine. I wasn't the one that brought it up about the testimonials that was there.

Why would you say that (any publicity is good publicity) but maybe not in this case. Is this just because it went on in your forum? You know and I know that all the negative things that was said about me and my program was not a good thing for me. How many e-mails did I send you privately trying to get you to stop this and plainly telling you that horsesites was not my website and I couldn't change anything and you still kept saying Midnight had a right to his opinion. Maybe he has a right to his opinion, but when it is wrong and he dosn't know what he is talking about, how can you let him keep posting things that are not true on your forum?

One other thing what kind of a forum are you running where you let somebody come into a thread about some else's program and place an advertisement for his program in it?

Maybe it is time for you to do a little soul searching as to whether your site is really what you intended it to be!

In closing, you can all say all the smart remarks and negative things you want to about this post, as I no longer care and you really can't do me any more more damage. But maybe if some are you are men enough you might want to consider an apology!

Handiman
02-13-2006, 04:18 PM
I never was involved in the skirmishes that took place, although I read many of the things posted. I too write software, and I understand where you are coming from. But don't let a few cast a shadow on all. I know nothing about your software, but I do understand where you are coming from.

For the most part, I think that this board is made up of some very bright individuals and very thoughtful people. But, just like the world, there are idiots everywhere. A computer and a brain don't always go together.

I just don't think disparaging remarks about PA and this board are appropriate. Nor do I think that making derogatory remarks about your program by people not accquainted with it are proper either.

Anyway, I hope it is some solace that there are people here who regard you in a favorable light...and offer no opinion concerning your software inasmuch as I have not seen it...so appropriately, I with hold judgment, as I suggest others do that are in the same position.

Regards,
Handiman

rrbauer
02-13-2006, 04:31 PM
dmattern writes:
"...In closing, you can all say all the smart remarks and negative things you want to about this post, as I no longer care and you really can't do me any more more damage. But maybe if some are you are men enough you might want to consider an apology!"

Comment:

See ya.

PaceAdvantage
02-13-2006, 04:56 PM
So guess what happened? Some (sicko) by the name of Ray Mills went to horsesites and wrote a very negative post about my program. I HAVE NO RECORD ANYWHERE OF THIS MAN EVER PURCHASING MY PROGRAM!! And I have to keep records as they need an unlock code to use the program.

How do you know for sure this "Ray Mills" isn't a user of yours? Who says he didn't use a fake name when he posted on horsesites.com? That's entirely in the realm of possibility.

And you know damn well I deleted more than a few notes from that prior thread where Midnight said some things I thought were NOT appropriate about you and your program. I guess you forgot that part.

I've always maintained, PUBLICLY and PRIVATELY to you that if you had any problems with ANYTHING that was written, you could CONTACT ME. THEN, if it is determined that ANYTHING that was said was factually and intentionally INCORRECT, and not MERELY AN OPINION, then I would remove it immediately.

You can't legislate an opinion. Sorry, but that's just the way it goes. On the other hand, if someone came on here and said your program spits out incorrect numbers, and this was false, I would take that down immediately.

If someone says they think your program sucks, and they THINK it looks like you might have written those testimonials....well....that's just their opinion. They're not saying they KNOW for a fact....they say they THINK, or that it appears that way....

I hate to break this to you, but people in this country are allowed to have bad opinions of people and products. Even people they have never met, and products they have never personally owned.

JackS
02-14-2006, 02:22 PM
I think DMATTERN should be much less combative in his defense of his program and attempt to maintain a position of smugness and aloofness which would go a long way in convincing prospective buyers that his program is really legitimate.
If users of his program are having a difficult time turning a profit, then he should suggest that the program be put into hibernation until the user knows and understands more about it and the correct way to use it.
As with the majority of all handicapping software that correctly crunches numbers, his program should be usefull if used with an eye on accelerating profits by eliminating excessive losses.
Here's a suggestion- Give one or two programs away to one or two of the more knowledgeable computer guys here at PaceAdvantage with the understanding that a fair and honest evaluation will be made.
If you decide to do this, be prepared to accept the negatives as well as the positives.
Your defense of the negatives should be well thoughtout replys and possibly even admissions to a shortcomming.
None of this software is perfect so you should not expect a perfect evualation of your program. Consider.

Tom
02-14-2006, 02:29 PM
What happens on horsesites.com shoud STAY on horsesites.com.

Thank you.

WaHoo
02-14-2006, 04:48 PM
i'm not a computor guy , but i use Amazing Capper everytime i handicap a track and haven't been disappointed for the selections or the info in it. it does speed up my handicapping along with my other program.

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2006, 01:32 AM
And I'm not even sure anyone has really had anything negative to say about your actual PROGRAM, dmattern....am I correct in this assumption?

I think what got you all worked up was that someone said it looked like those testimonials on horsesite weren't kosher. Who cares? If your program is good, then it's good. Folks on here have said it works for them....what more do you want?

Relax. If you don't want any negative criticism or unfair opinions, you should keep your program to yourself....but you chose to go public and market it, so you have to expect this kind of stuff....

kingfin66
02-15-2006, 01:35 AM
And if I recall, the person who questioned the reviewers, Midnight, stormed out of here a month or so ago.

Secretariat
02-15-2006, 04:25 AM
How do you know for sure this "Ray Mills" isn't a user of yours? Who says he didn't use a fake name when he posted on horsesites.com? That's entirely in the realm of possibility.

You can't legislate an opinion. Sorry, but that's just the way it goes. On the other hand, if someone came on here and said your program spits out incorrect numbers, and this was false, I would take that down immediately.

If someone says they think your program sucks, and they THINK it looks like you might have written those testimonials....well....that's just their opinion. They're not saying they KNOW for a fact....they say they THINK, or that it appears that way....

I hate to break this to you, but people in this country are allowed to have bad opinions of people and products. Even people they have never met, and products they have never personally owned.

Good post. There is one addition however. What if this "Ray Mills" is a competitor and not a buyer of your program? What if what he writes is propaganda from someone who is trying to get other people not to buy your program, and so by trashing yours, he or she beleives he's helping to eliminate your program from competition with yours?

Well, having genuine buyers of your program posting defenses of your program is quite valid I beleive. After all they are using it. No one can force them to post their opinions. I would take this Ray Mills response with a grain of salt. He could be a guy with an axe to grind, and its really not the program he's dissing, but very afraid that you might eat into his profits. Now, if you genuniely belevie he is not a buyer, and has pirated a copy of your software, you may supply a list of actual buyer's names to the person who runs the website, and see if the web master could tell you if that beneath that handle being used the name matches any of your actual buyers. May not help, but worth a crack.

Good luck.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Yup, definitely another valid scenario. I believe Forsest Gump once said, "The internet is like a box of choc-o-lates.....you never know what you're going to get....." Or something like that....

dmattern
02-16-2006, 10:58 AM
PA - You are right about me not being upset about the things that was said about my program, as there were not that many about the actual program other than the price and no trial period. You were also right when you thought I was upset about the things being said about the testimonials not being kosher. So let me once again address this issue.

Here are some things I want all of you to stop and think about:

1 - We all know one thing, everybody has a right to their own opinion about anything, even I know that (i'm really not that stupid). But we all also know that when people are saying things that they don't know to be a fact (and they are wrong) and it can effect someone else's honesty (that is not right)!!

2 - When it comes to Ray Mills, I want you to stop and think about this. If you look at the first post that was put on horsesites (and I already explained how they all got there) it is dated in the year 2000. Then look at the last post that was put there before Ray Mills put his there, it was dated in the year 2005. So it took 5 years to get the ones that are there and yes there was not one negative post. So just stop and think about this for a minute. Don't you think it is very funny that all at once a very negative one appears at the same time all the negative things was being said about them in this forum? Maybe I am the one that is naive, but that is what looks like it is not kosher to me. As far as it being pirated, I don't think that is possible as you have to have unlock codes to use the program and he sure didn't contact me to get them.

3 - The first thing he states, it kept crashing over and over and it took him 3 days to get it running. If that would of been the case my phone would of been ringing off the hook as every time you install it you had to have a different set of unlock numbers to get it open.

4 - My programmer is very expensive and doesn't play the horses. He writes software for major companies and it is shipped all over the world. So I really don't think he is putting out software that keeps crashing!

5 - Yes, I guess you are right again PA, that it could of been one of my customers that used a fake name and wrote it. But go look at Doug's post (number 11 in the first Amazing Capper thread) where he stated I told him that the top 3 on the Summary sheet would win 80% of the time (and that is not what I said) and when he checked out 158 races they only won 58% and look at Tom Barrister's post (number 48) where he stated that when he went to horsesites about 3 months, he thought that he had seen some negative posts there about the program and now they are not there and if they were deleted that would be unethical. Then read Ray Mill's post again and see if it doesn't sound very familiar. So once again maybe I am the the one that is naive, but once again that is the one that looks to be (not kosher) to me!

6 - You state that folks on here have stated that the program works for them so what more do I want? Then we have a man Jack S say, that I have a smugness about me trying to defend my program (find anywhere that I tried to defend my program about anything in any of the threads) and that I should give it to a couple of people on here and let them make a fair evaluation of it and then be willing to accept the negatives. Is he really trying to say Lefty (who owns a lot of programs) and Buffalo cannot be taken at their word!!!

7 - Tom now states, (WHAT'S ON HORSESITES SHOULD STAY ON HORSESTES) I agree 100%, but let me ask you a question. (WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE THIS STATEMENT WHEN MIDNIGHT AND TOM BARRISTER BROUGHT HORSESITES TO THIS FORUM, NOT ME)

8 - I know once again a lot of you are going to think that I am the one that is being smug, arrogant, and many other things. But I want you to stop and think about this for a minute, am I the one that started all of this.

9 - Is it really me trying to defend my program or PA and many people on here trying to defend that things that was done and said on this forum? I didn't make any excuse for anything about my program. selling policy, price, no trial period or how the testimonials got on horsesites or anything else. I told it the way it was. But how many, it could have been this, or it's just an opinion (when it is a wrong opinion, you suppose to tell them it is wrong and quit defending them) or maybe someone used a fake name. do I keep hearing from this forum?

FINALLY I WANT TO MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!

I know there are many, many good people on this board and also many very good handicappers. And regardless of how it appears I really do not like controversy. Yes I definitely have a problem with people that puts their nose where it don't belong and I always will have. And yes I also have a problem with the people that try to defend them and their actions. This is me and I will not change as I stated before, (in my opinion there is only one policy and that is an honest one!!) I want to thank all of the good people on this board that stayed out of all of this. I also want to give a very special thanks to the good ones that said some postive things about my position on all of this, especially Lefty and Buffalo. (I think they should know the most about me and the program as they are the ones that have dealt with me and own the program)

xtb
02-16-2006, 03:12 PM
I've been trying to understand something. Don't get me wrong, I have no reason not to believe Dwight's claims about his software. Unless I try it and prove to myself otherwise, I will assume it is good software and will make money for the buyer. I can understand selling software to generate speed or pace figures for the user to use however they please, with no claims being made. I can understand selling software that sets up a database making it easy for the user to tailor to their needs, to dig for information and setup models. What I can't understand, I'm not insinuating anything I'm genuinely curious, is why sell software that picks winners and winning combinations if it actually works? Is it to recoup the development costs? Is it because the originator doesn't like to wager on horses? I can't imagine having to deal with customers over something such as this. The headaches just wouldn't seem to be worth it. Again, I'm really just curious.

keenang
02-16-2006, 04:01 PM
I know NOTHING about this program,but if Lefty says it is O.K, thats good enough for me. I think he has thrown away more software than most people buy Lets all take a deep breath.

Good Racing Luck
Gene.

WaHoo
02-16-2006, 05:22 PM
I sent this page to Lefty without Amazing Capper picks since he has the program .But heres the bad part the Arbuckle mountains was on fire and had interstate 35 shut down so i didn't make it to the OTB, check the pick3's i missed, check A/C picks just the top 2 from his program

Gulfstream Thursday (http://www.bm-dist.com/gp0216.html)

xtb
02-16-2006, 05:39 PM
That's impressive. I wasn't trying to stir things up again. I'm just wondering from a business perspective, why wouldn't you instead license software like this and have a steady income from fees rather than sell it outright. At some point the users are going to eat into the originator's and other user's profits which will hurt sales and leave the originator without an income from his method or product.

MartyZee
02-16-2006, 06:55 PM
I own a lot of software programs-some of which I have success with and others that I'm not too suuccessful with; bottom line is nobody forced me to buy anything; I buy what I want;Everyone is entitled to their opinion but don't bash anybody's efforts without trying their program- Leave the guy alone- if you wan't to buy his program buy it- if you don't-don't

shanta
02-16-2006, 07:04 PM
I own a lot of software programs-some of which I have success with and others that I'm not too suuccessful with; bottom line is nobody forced me to buy anything; I buy what I want;Everyone is entitled to their opinion but don't bash anybody's efforts without trying their program- Leave the guy alone- if you wan't to buy his program buy it- if you don't-don't

LOVE your avatar!

xtb
02-16-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm not bashing anyone, if it was taken that way I apologize. PA, if at all possible could you please delete my posts in this thread. Thanks.

Doug3312
02-16-2006, 08:28 PM
What Dwight told me was that out of the top 2 point and top 3 bold horses off his summary sheet I would expect to find 80-90% winners. It would be up to me to find which ones. This exactly what I said in post 11 on the other thread. The program simpy does not do this.:mad: That statement was what finally convinced me to buy.
I respect you Buffalo and your view, however if you played yesterday at GPX you would have found a different story. The program found only 2 winners.
I have bought several programs and I have 2 that I like very much as well as their sellers. I hope this is ok PA. I have Jerry's ProPace and Bob's Maxcapper. Maxcapper I have Maxspa to thank. Both are good programs IMO and their sellers are standup guys who will spend quality time with their customers. Neither one made any precise claims, and I could have returned either one and I chose to keep them. I have had other that I didn't like and have returned them with no problems. I have a few that I can't return and I knew that. However none made as precise a claim as Dwight did.
It would be great if someone that has the program or better yet maybe someone could offer to evaluate the program if Dwight would give them one to use. It would be interesting. I was hoping that Dwight would leave well enough alone, but he crossed the line when he implied that I lied!

Lefty
02-16-2006, 11:36 PM
doug, maxcapper had only 1-2 wins in its TOP FOUR at GP yest so whatcha talkin about Willis? I'm referring to the all entrants composite section.
As far as evaluating A-C buffalo has done it. The prgm has several sections and everyone won't necessarily come up with same selections, as everyone won't use same studd out of the prgm. Prgms crunch numbers; handicappers pick winners from those numbers.

dmattern
02-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Doug - You said you didn't want to get back into this but you did and you said I implied you lied. I will address this in a minute, but what I was trying to point out was the fact that Ray Mills put the same thing in the post at horsesites. But getting back to the fact that you said I implied you lied. I said this in the other thread and I will say it again. This is what I told you. You will get many nice priced winners out of those horses and they do win a lot of races. I am sure you still have the papers where I explained all the programs and how to use them. I want you to look at Contenders Report and finding the good plays. What is number one on that list and what does it plainly say? I think you will find that it says: THE FIRST THING I WANT TO POINT OUT TO YOU IS THE FACT THAT AROUND 80 TO 90% OF THE WINNERS COME OUT OF THE 4 LOWEST MORNING LINE HORSES. If you tell it like it is, come back on here and say that's what it says. No way will you find in any other of the explanations that I state 80 to 90% come out of the Summary Sheet top 3 and top 3 bold.

Up to this point I have not tried to defend my program other than when I showed some results about the first time starters that I had pointed out to you. But you want somebody to evaluate the program other than what Lefty and Buffalo had to say, we will let you evaluate the results of the last two days at GP. I don't know which day you were talking about the 15th or 16th so here are both and the things that just the Summary Sheet pointed out. If I don't tell it exactly like what the program shows come back on here and tell me where I am wrong.

GP - 2/15/06
Race 1 - The no 2 won and paid $27.40 - it was not in of of the horses you are talking about but it is shown in the Long Shot along with the no 3 - it was also shown in the Could Be Dangerous along with the no 4 and also had trouble in it's last. I think I told you that all 3 of these things can give you a very live long shot. Anyone by itself can be a live long shot and this one had 3.

Race 2 - No 5 won and paid $9.40 - this is one of the ones you are talking about as it is 1st in the Summary Sheet

Race 3 - No 2 won and paid $33.80 and this one is also one that you are talking about as it is the 3rd in the Bold - But here again it is plainly pointed out as the only horse in the Long Shot

Race 4 - No 10 won and paid $22.40 - Once again the only horse pointed out in the Long Shot plus it had trouble in the last race

Race 5 - No 2 won and paid $18.40 - it is also one of the horses that you are talking about as it is 3rd in the bold - Plus the trainer wins 28% first off a claim

Race 6 - No 5 won and paid $15.60 - it is also one of the ones you are talking about as it is 3rd in the bold - plus the owner is a top 100 owner that wins 28% of the races his horses are in - plus the trainer - jockey combination wins 36%

Race 7 - No 6 won and paid $14.40 - it is also one of the horses you are talking about as it is 1st in the Summary

Last 3 races was nothing

GP - 2/16/06
Race 2 - No 7 won and paid $5.40 - it is one of the horses you are talking about as it is 2nd in Summary and 2nd bold

Race 3 - No 8 won and paid $6.40 - it is also one of the horses you are talking about as it is 1st in the Summary

Race 4 - No 4 won and paid $7.60 - it is one of the horses you are talking about as it is 2nd in the bold and is also marked Play**

Race 5 - No 1 won and paid $5.80 - it is also one of the horses you are talking about as it is 1st in Summary and 1st in bold

Race 6 - No 4 won and paid $123.20 - it is also one of the horses you are talking about as it is 3rd in the bold - plus it shows an MSW (one of the biggest drops in horse racing, dropping out of Maiden Special Weight to maiden claimer), plus it had trouble in it's last race

Race 7 - No 6 won and paid $2.80 - it is also one of the horses you are talking about as it is 1st in Summary and 1st in bold

Race 8 - No 10 won and paid $20.00 - it is also one of the horses you are talking about as it is 1st in Summary and 2nd in bold plus has a Bet***

Race 9 - No 1 won and paid $9.00 - it is also one of the horses you are talking about as it is 2nd in the Summary and 3rd in bold - plus down 1 class trainer win 50% - plus has a 6F 90 workout

Race 10 - No 8 won and paid $9.40 - it is also one of the ones you are talking about as it is 1st in Summary and 1st in bold

So there you have the last two days at GP, so all I am asking you to do is come back on here and say that I put up something that wasn't plainly shown on the Summary Sheet. Make sure you take the scratches out.

Once again I will state it is not just this simple as every race has other horses that do show things they can win off. My program covers all the bases and yes it leaves it up to the person using it to make up his own mind as to which one he perfers to play. I stated in the other thread whether we accept it or not, all we can to is make an educated guess. I stated this before and I will state it again Doug is looking for a Black Box and mind is not one. He seems to have a problem even finding the horses that he keeps talking about the top 2 on the summary sheet and the top 3 bold. He said there was 2 and you can plainly see he missed a few. the only ones he saw was the 1st in the Summary. Never mention anything about the Long Shots, even the ones where there was only one showing. Other people play these horses and love the program just for them. (and no they all don't win) One of the reasons that good handicappers like my program is the fact that it covers all the bases and they don't have to spend hours studying a form to find them.

Doug3312
02-17-2006, 06:23 AM
If you had said that the 80-90% winners came out of the 4 lowest morning line horses I wouldn't need your program to find those, would I? You said off your summary sheet. And it doesn't do it!
Before I bought the program I spoke to Dwight 3 times and he just kept repeating that I would get many nice winners along with the 80-90% business. I had explained to him my skill level and he still insisted that I would do well. Now if anyone were to do any sizable test with this program they would find that those horses only produce 58% winners. Now in my view I am already beat 42% of the time. I wanted him to be honest and tell me the program would work for me or be honest and say this program is not for someone with my level of play. Which it is not. All he wanted was my $800.
With Maxcapper, I am able to use it without any handicapping knowledge. I have found that just using the top picks with a decent gap will point me to the winners and better yet many exacta's. With Jerry's program I can get lessons(mostly for longshots, but also basic good handicapping, plus he gives lessons and will answer questions) and his progrm will help me with workout ratings as well as days away, trainer connections, speed among other things that I use to help me decide. With those two programs I not only can have fun but learn something along the way and the sellers don't make me feel like I am a moron every time I ask a question. By the way I haven't asked that many questions.
Dwight makes it clear that he is not going to answer questions but maybe once in a while. He has told me to watch the first time starters that show an A+ pedigree and the trainer and jockey%, if they are high and have a good work. He also told me to watch the stud fee and sales price, when the sale is 10 times the stud fee. I have been doing this and and I have not seen anything so far except more losers. Occasionaly they will win but not enough to rely on.
Futher more as I stated before I have spent days updating the stats as he said this would help. And I mean days and finally when the entries did not fall in alphabetical order some will and others won't. I was concerned that I was wasting my time so I called him. I have yet to get an answer. I did fine the programers email on his site however he has yet to reapond to me, now Dwight tells me that he won't either. Why have the email posted then? There are other functions with the program but no manual as to how to use them. I spent another $80 for the TSN tack stats and didn't know how to enter them. And as he told me he acted irratated that I was so stupid that I couldn't figure it out. The program he sold me hasn't been updated since 03'. Trust me in order to completly update it will take you forever. I stopped trying as I don't know if it will do any good or not. After all, it doesn't do what he said it will do anyway.
In order to run those 158 races that I did took a long time. Just to bring the card into the program takes a long time. Then the scratches can take up to 30 seconds each. Then you have to calculate each race, anyother 30- 45 seconds. If you want to print the races, forget it. I can see why Buffalo didn't bother with the scratches. Not to mention that while his program is cooking as he puts it, my other programs won't function properly. I have to wait on his. It's a hassel.
All in all I am very dissapointed with the program and Dwight's attitude. Granted I was a sucker for buying it, but Dwight knew my level of skill and had no business selling me this program. Judging from my experience in life I would say that Dwight would have avoided all this if he had just said Doug this is over your head. I did have a good day some time ago and I thought that I would give Dwight a favorable post on it and hope that this would end this debate. However facts are facts and Dwight should have left it alone. I had emailed him to check out the post and that he had won. Just let it go. I meant that sincerely.

Doug3312
02-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Dwight go back and look at your program again for GPX 2/15 race 3. The top 2 point horses are 1 and 5. the top three horses by points in the bold are the 1,5, and 6. The #2 horse has 4 bold points and the #6 has 6 points. It is clearly not a choice based on your claim.
I am not going to go through each of the horses he listed as he is trying to manipulate the facts to make it look a lot better than it is. Anyone that has the program can easily check out Dwight selections and see what I mean. It is easy to take his summary sheet after the race and point out why the horses that won did. Why don't you spend a week posting your plays before the race, and let the chips fall where they may?

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2006, 02:11 AM
This is turning into one giant dumb-ass soap opera!

Bottom line, nobody really gives a rats ass what someone writes on horsesites.com, so give it a rest dmattern....please give it a rest!

You're coming dangerously close to tipping my "free advertising" meter off the scale. Buy an ad. We're selling ad space now.

And one last question. Is Doug3312, unlike "Ray Mills," actually a customer of yours? Cause if he is, and if I were you, I'd want this thread to go away, which means I would stop replying to it.....

dmattern
02-18-2006, 09:03 AM
PA - You are right that this is turning into a he said- she said thread and I will not post again in this thread. But once again you want to defend the one that is not telling it like it is. Yes Doug is a customer of mind and one that is unhappy. We all have them! But Doug has a problem (he wants a black box) and my program is not one. He wouldn't even answer the question as to where the 80 to 90% came from. He wouldn't say it like it was, that all the horses that I posted up (that were plainly marked as Long Shots), were actually there (just because he doesn't have enough balls to bet them) Why? Because it's not the top pick. Other people do and love the program, not just for the top pick but many of the other features it has, that is not in other programs. It really doesn't make any difference to me anymore as the damage has been done. So you just keep on defending your (little group of naysayers that don't like software vendors) and I will not post anymore about this unless somebody else wants to start some more BS and has a problem telling it like it is.

fergie
02-18-2006, 12:08 PM
This is not a pretty thread. It has turned into a pissing contest of who"s right and wrong. I thought at one time it had been worked out on the first thread--but no, here it is again. I would like to offer a possible solution--predicated upon both the parties agreement.
1. Doug has a program which he considers worthless. Almost all of us have experienced this. He would like to get his money back but that is not an option from the software vendor. Since the program is of no value to him, I feel he should consider selling it to get some of his money back. There are several choices for him to accomplish this. Ebay,etc.
2. Doug, you will never get all the money back nor is it likely you will get satisfaction by continuing to lambast the vendor. Whether you be right or wrong you cannot lay the program down at the betting window and say "I'd like to bet this program to win on the #4". For it to have any value, you must turn it into cash. The anger involved in this thread is not healthy for you or for Dwight, and both of you need to find a way to put this all in the past.
3. Dwight. I would suggest that you allow Doug to sell his program to someone else, and allow the new buyer to have the ablity to re-install the program on his computer, with a free or very modest charge for the codes to unlock the program. We only have so many days on this earth, and filling them up with all this unpleasantness is certainly NOT conducive to your health and quality of life. A new owner of this software program will likely mean the end of what has to be a frustrating situation for you both.
4. So, guys, it's fish or cut bait--can you both give up something in order to put an end to all of this?
Hoping you can both give find a way to enable you both to walk away from this.
fergie

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2006, 07:56 PM
So you just keep on defending your (little group of naysayers that don't like software vendors) and I will not post anymore about this unless somebody else wants to start some more BS and has a problem telling it like it is.

I'm not defending anyone...where do you come up with this shit?

And here I thought I had seen it all. I go from being accused in the past of being in the POCKET of software vendors to now being accused of leading (or defending) a group of folks that don't like software vendors!! This is too funny.

I'll tell you what's really going on. A silly thread. Silly silly silly.

What you should do is start a message board on YOUR website so that you can debate all night and day with YOUR customers. Then you can control the action how you see fit.

Sailwolf
02-19-2006, 04:29 AM
LOVE your avatar!

We need to see some cats as avatars.:lol: :cool:

Handiman
02-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Like Rodney King's infamous words after just getting the shit beat out of him by 6 cops..."Can't we all just get along".....

I'm getting ready to offer up a black box 'Exacta Machine'...I will have the good sense to buy ad space here I think.

Handi

Indulto
02-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Sailwolf: We need to see some cats as avatars.:lol: :cool:
I agree, especially Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry! :D