PDA

View Full Version : Bad day at the zooo

Tom
02-13-2006, 09:54 AM
The long awaited baby elephant died during birth on Thursday - stuck in the canal. They opened the zoo Sunday -free admission - because so many people wanted to come pay respects and leave mementos at the elephant cage.

During the morning, Lowell, the 28 year old crowd favorite orangutan dropped dead in his cage in front of everyone.

This is the infamous orangutan who escaped his cage a few years back and wander amoung the crowd hugging people ( he loved people!) and later got Bob Lonesbury fired from his radio job when he compared Lowell to the mayor ( actually an insult to the orangutan).

DJofSD
02-13-2006, 10:04 AM
This just shows that Bush doesn't care about animials.

Sailwolf
02-13-2006, 11:55 AM
What Zoo??

xtb
02-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Seneca Park Zoo in Rochester, NY.

Tom
02-13-2006, 01:36 PM
I heard he clutched his chest, stood up and fell down.

Can you imagine what that does to a little kid seeing a live monkey for the first time?

JustRalph
02-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Bob Lonsberry got fired? !!!! Oh my god!

Tom
02-13-2006, 11:23 PM
A couple of years ago. He is back now.

This was the monkey that done him in.
BTW, in any election, I would vote for the orangutan over the fomer mayor - he was a first class fool and ruined Rochester - I doubt it will ever recover from his reign of terror. The happy idiot once told a reporter from Toronto not to go to certain neighborhoods in the center city becasue they were " no man's land!"
Good article about that in the Toronto Star!
Sad part is, it was ture and still is.
Rochester has a murder rate that I belive, per capita, exceeds NYC - ranks first or second in the state.

JustRalph
02-13-2006, 11:44 PM
I knew Lonsberry got fired...........just messing with you. I enjoy Lonsberry to a certain extent..........after a while he gets old. But he can be fun.......on those trips across the I-90 ..........