PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Word 2000 help

Buzz
02-13-2006, 07:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

Would anyone who knows how to solve this problem please help me out?

I am new to the BBS and having difficulties posting a message without the format changing.

I am using Word 2000 to compose my messages and pull text from messages that I have stored in Word 2000. Also I will type in some text. When I hit the preview button and the message reverts to different spacing, different type style and odd type sizes.

Check out message#533 page 36 in Boxcar's Longshot thread for an example of my "results".

I think that if somehow I can clean up the formatting code in the word processor my problem will be fixed.

Does anyone know how I can remove the old format codes from editted text in Word 2000?

Another question. If, while reading my newly posted message I see that I made a typo is there a way to retrieve the message and edit it, and then repost it with the correction?

Thanks for your help.

Buzz

kitts
02-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Edit and repost is easy enough. Just choose "edit" make corrections and choose "save changes." I have had to do "edit" more than once in the past.

The issue with MS Word 2000 is that it is typical MS bloatware-burn down the house to cook the chicken. I use Notepad to prepare my message. True, you cannot do much formatting using Notepad but it works fine and is importable almost anywhere.

In defense of MSWord 2000, it has very comprehensive and helpful "help" if you have the patience to search all the help screens.

Buzz
02-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Hi Kitts,

Where do I find the edit button? I read the FAQ and know what it looks like but I have never been able to find it.

Thanks,

Buzz

Well I just found it. Apparently it disappears when it wants to. How long do I have to choose "edit" before the button disappears?

Thanks again,

Buzz

JustRalph
02-14-2006, 07:57 AM
I think you have 5 minutes

GaryG
02-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Just wing it....more fun that way.

kitts
02-14-2006, 01:57 PM
To edit your post, just decide what you want to fix and then choose the edit option. Your message appears then and now you edit it the way you want it to read and choose "save results."

BTW, I spelled results wrong the first time so I had to edit this one.

Buzz
02-16-2006, 07:00 AM
Thanks everyone for you help.

Buzz