PDA

View Full Version : Norman Pointer

tholl
02-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know why Pointer's horses are running in other people's names ? Has he given up or been suspended. ?

Figman
02-12-2006, 11:00 AM
HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. - Trainer Norman Pointer had to take a leave of absence from the barn this winter due to health reasons.

tholl
02-12-2006, 11:03 AM
HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. - Trainer Norman Pointer had to take a leave of absence from the barn this winter due to health reasons.

Sorry to hear that. Hope he's alright.

Thanks for the info.

Stevie Belmont
02-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Norman had a bybass. Sincalir is his assistant. Norman will return whenhe has fully recovered. Expect to see him at Monmouth.

BIG49010
02-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Thanks for that news, I wondered what happened to him also.

Stevie Belmont
02-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Since were on Mr Pointer, has Stormy Act tomorrow at the Gulf. Has been trying to get this guy a race for awhile. Got washed out at Tampa a couple times.

Valuist
02-13-2006, 09:54 AM
This brings to mind another trainer who was at GP last year: Maria Pascual. I think the guy who's training the horses she used to have is named Juan Vasquez.

Doc
02-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah, whatever happened to my favorite female trainer Maria Pascual? Maybe she went back to Argentina for a vacation or something? And as far as "Stormin'" Norman Pointer goes...he cracks me up. I saw him at Monmouth this past summer - had a horse in the last race, a cheap J-bred affair. Anyway, Norman didn't even know the name of his rider. He was hollering, "Hey jock, hey jock!" trying to get the kid's attention. I thought it was humorous - and of course, the horse lost. A friend of mine worked for him a few years ago when he trained for Old Man Rickman at Delaware Park, and he's got plenty of funny stories about those days - especially when the Old Man took his horses away and then barred Norman from the grounds. The guy's a character.

Doc :D

cash2
02-14-2006, 10:53 PM
maria pascual...so sorry to see her gone. i've posted before about her. she became pregnant in the spring last year and went back to Argentina. this juan vasquez that you see at GP basically trained all the horses that ran in her name last year at Del. i think he's competent but i don't know if he had the same touch as maria. i saw maria very late in the meet at Del and she looked due any day. i guess she came back as she wanted her child to be born in the states. hope it all worked out for her.

re norman pointer and old man rickman. he wasn't the first guy rickman fired and he wasn't the last. i would run out of fingers trying to count them all. my favorite rickman story is when i saw him get shut out from betting his own horse at his own racetrack
because the lines were too long on derby day. he was livid! he was screaming at the yes men who surrounded him. !@#$%! we need more tellers! of course, he didn't want to pay them.

Doc
02-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the info about Maria Pascual. Every week I kept searching for her name among the entries with no luck...you answered my question. Hope she gets a babysitter soon and goes back to training.