PDA

View Full Version : La Canada Stakes

Tee
02-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Santa Anita Park - February 12th, 2006 - Race 8

Again, thought I'd post the race early, give more people a chance to throw down some ideas.

kenwoodallpromos
02-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Shireffs has a rabbit in here- but

This one sounds like an overlay!

Seafree (116) (8-1) – ran very big figures sprinting last fall, and won without running her
best in her only local appearance. She stretches out here, and while her pedigree is
distance neutral, Frankel is very strong short-to-long (see trainer profile). This one gets
weight from all the other contenders, and should save ground on the lead—she’s probably
the most likely winner.

RailbirdC
02-12-2006, 08:49 AM
if Proposed and Seafree hook up early, they could be watching at the end. Play Ballado and Pussycat Doll will be waiting to pounce, but I give Sheriff's other horse, Shimmer, and outsied chance if they go real fast. She ran with all these, and seems to be improving, didn't have best trip in last. My figures put her 6th (www.racehorserunner.com (http://www.racehorserunner.com)), but I can definitely use her on my ticket.

Tee
02-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Will the real Sharp Lisa show up today? She may have left her best stuff on the track last year as a 3 yr old. Her two starts have been less than inspiriing, but I think we can excuse her just a bit.

The La Brea was run on a funky wet track. She drew inside, got off to a bad start & managed to finish 4th. In the Santa Monica she drew the far outside, found a racetrack playing very favorably to speed & a runaway winner in Behaving Badly.

She gets to stetch her legs out a bit today going from 7 furlongs to 9. She draws outside letting her jockey see everything at the break, hopefully putting her in a perfect spot early to ge the best trip.

8/1 morning line with bad form just might lead to a nice payoff at the finish line.

kenwoodallpromos
02-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Better check SA today's charts- some speed burners prevailing.

Tee
02-12-2006, 07:36 PM
How bout that show pool!!!