PDA

View Full Version : The Las Virgenes

Tee
02-11-2006, 03:17 PM
One more!!

cj
02-11-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm leaning towards the PVal horse here. Exploded home in last while wide after tracking a dawdling pace. First route was impressive, maybe even more in the tank today.

bettheoverlay
02-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Talullah Lula

Tee
02-11-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm going to take a flyer with Meetmeinthewoods. Put into the 1 1/16th Grade 1 Hollywood Starlet off her debut msw win going 6 furlongs was no easy task.

Beaten only 4 3/4 by two she will face again today in Diplomat Lady & Balance. Both of these fillies had much more racing experience in comparison to Meetmeinthewoods in the Starlet, so that outcome was not a big surprise.

With that race under her belt & a couple of very good looking works, I'm hoping this daughter of General Meeting out of a Woodman mare moves forward today.

If Talullah Lula isn't worn out by the work regime of her trainer Bob Baffert I could see her run a bit today. The only thing that worries me is her two efforts at 1 1/16th were not inspiring. Perhaps she has the added fitness to get things done at something other than a sprint distance. I'll take a wait and see approach with this one today.

Race may set up well for Wild Fit. We'll have to see how much she has been cranked up for this one. May just put in a run late to set up for the next one down the road.

Jeff P
02-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Hopefully you guys are just making selections and this isn't one of those selections threads for a contest where I'm not entered. If so I apologize in advance for joining in....

There's a horse that I do kind of like in here: DANCE DAILY. I think she has enough speed to get the lead if they send her. She can also sit just off the pace if need be. The way she came home in her last out at 7f suggests to me that she may even have a talent edge in here. At 10-1 ML vs my own line (which puts her between 3-1 and 7-2) I think she's going to offer some nice value in here today.

-jp