PDA

View Full Version : Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job!

Secretariat
02-10-2006, 03:43 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/katrina_congress;_ylt=AhHNwLf5R9bLHzSIF047bPQbLisB ;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

"WASHINGTON - Former federal disaster chief Michael Brown testified Friday he notified top White House and Homeland Security officials on the day Hurricane Katrina roared ashore that "we were realizing our worst nightmare" and New Orleans was seriously flooding.

He dismissed as "just baloney" and "a little disingenuous" claims by agency officials that they didn't know about the severity of the damage until the next day."

Tom
02-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Extra! Extra!
Read all about it!

Disgruntled former employee bashes ex-boss.

Story on page 22,column B

lsbets
02-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey - does anyone remember when Katrina happenned, and Sec was all over Brown and how horrible Brown was? I said just wait until Brown tries to save his image and comes out and blames Bush for everything, Sec will trumpet that like the word of God.

I wish the horses were as predictable as our friend Secretary. :lol:

Secretariat
02-10-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm not defending Brownie. He's an idiot, but deserves to have his version of the story told. But it does illustrate once more a White House with conflicting stories, and in disarray. Nothing new for this WH. Business as usual. Seems like lots of disgruntled employees in this WH.

mainardi
02-10-2006, 10:41 PM
:ThmbDown: Title: "Confessions of a Savant"
:ThmbUp: Subtitle: "Had I Known I Was Going To Get Canned, I Would Have Done SOMETHING"

It's an American tradition... just ask the female VP that the Knicks fired... Isiah has the reverse Midas touch, but even HE couldn't be THAT stupid... could he?

Anyway, back on subject. Brown's timing is highly suspect. He was probably a "decent" choice to run FEMA, as long as there was no MEGA-disaster to uncover his failings. WHOOPS! As both parties know, in politics a good underling sometimes has to take one for the team. Looks like Brown decided that he wasn't willing to deal. With this kind of backstabbing, I wonder how long it will be before he announces that he's becoming a Dem. ;)

highnote
02-11-2006, 03:31 AM
Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job!

That's a great quote -- right up there with "I did not have sex with that woman... Miss Lewinsky." :D

"I am not a crook."

rrpic6
02-12-2006, 02:05 AM
Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job!

That's a great quote -- right up there with "I did not have sex with that woman... Miss Lewinsky." :D

"I am not a crook."

Speaking of lies and crooks.....
http://www.time.com/time/
They need Rush now more than ever to help spin.

PaceAdvantage
02-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Are you kidding me? That's the best picture they could come up with....it's like something out of Woody Allen's ZELIG.

You guys are indeed a comical bunch, I will give you that much.

highnote
02-12-2006, 02:51 AM
Yeah. Time really got the scoop on that story. :D

By the way... don't you guys sleep? Look at what time it is!

Tom
02-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Resume item:

"I met the president."

Interviewer: What is the nature of your relationship with the president?"

"I was 20 feet from him on time.

Heck, I was 6 feet from D Wayne Lukas at Sartoga. Think he'll be inviting me over for drinks any time soon? I mean 6 feet, that is a relationship.

rrpic6
02-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Resume item:

"I met the president."

Interviewer: What is the nature of your relationship with the president?"

"I was 20 feet from him on time.

Heck, I was 6 feet from D Wayne Lukas at Sartoga. Think he'll be inviting me over for drinks any time soon? I mean 6 feet, that is a relationship.

The "Chief" did not get to the White House by bringing over a few animal pelts and some fire water. Abramoff was the one that brought the Chief "to his leader". I'm all for Indian Reservation Gambling (love Sycuan in San Diego), but not too keen to see W. getting his cut up front.

Tom
02-12-2006, 07:27 PM
And that being the case, that "crowd" photo is all you got? :lol:

I guess when you lose every election, this kind of thing will have to do.