PDA

View Full Version : Paul Peterson’s Morning Liner Address

BIG49010
02-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Anybody have a contact for Morning Liner, I know it was sold by Paul to someone outside Chicago, but the address I sent to was returned.

Thanks

Overlay
02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
What name and address did you send it to? I had the name and city of the guy to whom Paul Peterson passed the Morning Liner franchise committed to memory at one time, but they escape me now, although I do recall (as you say) that it was in the Chicago area. Any information you may have might jog my recollection.

redhorse
02-10-2006, 12:23 PM
The last time I saw Paul Peterson, he was driving a cab in Vegas. This was about 8 years ago.

Dave Schwartz
02-10-2006, 12:49 PM
I saw Paul's dad about a year ago. He said that Paul was in Los Angeles and (as always) wanted to remain hidden.

On a related topic, Ron Ambrose called me the other day. We talked for about an hour. He is still playing the horses and enjoying the good life.

He is a bit out of the horse racing loop and was saddened to hear of the Dick Mitchell's passing.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

BIG49010
02-10-2006, 11:04 PM
I have a Greg Kendra, Oakbrook, IL

Overlay
02-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Yes, that was the name and city I recall. (Thanks for the reply.) If you're not getting any response from that, I don't what your next move would be. Sorry.

Handiman
02-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Am I missing something here? I bought the morning liner years ago and when I did, I believe Paul was in Reno. I spoke with him on the phone and he was all for getting together when I made it up his way. I never did, but thats beside the point.

Now from the post it seems as though he's hiding from people...may I ask why?

Handi

Figman
02-11-2006, 07:11 PM
You make more driving a cab than you do selling horse racing information?

Topcat
02-12-2006, 01:43 AM
<Now from the post it seems as though he's hiding from people...may I ask why?

Handi>

I can't speak authoritatively for Paul but I can tell you that this is not unusual for him. At one time he was deep into researching what he called the Einstein Simplicity Method, had a following and was lining up some seminars. He contacted me in regard to some databases I had-wanted to get together and then disappeared for a year. When he reappeared he apologized but said he went through a nervous breakdown.

Dave Schwartz
02-12-2006, 02:16 AM
Now from the post it seems as though he's hiding from people...may I ask why?

I knew Paul a bit in those days. TC described it pretty well.

At one point I asked him why he had physically removed the bells from his telephone. (Yes, I mean removed - as in took them out.)

He told me that when the M/L software first went out, BRIS was sending them out like hotcakes. Unfortunately, about 2 out of 3 were returned. That in itself can be depressing - rejection is something many creative types do not take well - but to make it worse, there were the "loser" telephone calls.

Apparently, he got a great number of calls that started with something like, "I lost all my money because of you," and ended with something like, "You're a scam artist."

So, in a nutshell, the telephone became anything but his friend.

I recall helping him at a seminar in Reno (maybe 1992?) where he invited all of his clients (at no charge). His goal was to give the last that he had in him to give and walk away.

Several years later I saw him driving a cab in Reno and we talked about he and I collaborating on a horse racing research project. Unfortunately, after only a couple of weeks it became apparent that he could not overcome the telephone thing. Working together on a project demands two-way communication.

IMHO, he is a very honorable guy.

If you find him, ask him to call me. (I don't have his number. <G>)

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Overlay
02-12-2006, 03:22 AM
Several years later I saw him driving a cab in Reno and we talked about he and I collaborating on a horse racing research project. Unfortunately, after only a couple of weeks it became apparent that he could not overcome the telephone thing. Working together on a project demands two-way communication.

I'm sorry to hear about his difficulties. I've always thought highly of his efforts, and of his contributions to the body of handicapping knowledge. Not wanting to answer the phone would be understandable in the circumstances you describe. It's just a shame that anybody would resort to harassment like that.

(I take it he doesn't have any kind of an e-mail address.)

fight
02-12-2006, 09:38 AM
i cocure what dave says ive hungout with him in the early 90s. hes a good man and generous also.

JimG
02-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Anybody have a contact for Morning Liner, I know it was sold by Paul to someone outside Chicago, but the address I sent to was returned.

Thanks

Maybe this will help.

www.missinglink.com (http://www.missinglink.com)

Morning-liner is listed in the catalog. Not sure if it is the same program you are talking about.

Jim

Topcat
02-12-2006, 11:46 PM
I think that link goes to Dennis Allen's homepage. He got togeher with Paul and did the programming for Plus V etc

Overlay
04-30-2006, 10:00 AM
The address that I had at one time for Greg Kendra/Morning-Liner Research (that I just found while going through some of my stuff) was 801 East Butterfield Road, #124, Lombard, Illinois 60148 (although that may be more dated than the Oakbrook address that BIG49010 suggested below).

Overlay
04-30-2006, 01:57 PM
The address that I had at one time for Greg Kendra/Morning-Liner Research (that I just found while going through some of my stuff) was 801 East Butterfield Road, #124, Lombard, Illinois 60148 (although that may be more dated than the Oakbrook address that BIG49010 suggested below).

Sorry, I meant to say "the Oakbrook address that BIG 49010 suggested above". (I said "below" because I was scrolling down the screen to read it when I typed my reply.)