PDA

View Full Version : Sartin Programs!

Maxspa
02-08-2006, 12:11 PM
All,
For those of you that are Sartin enthusiasts and have wanted to have the opportunity to purchase one of his programs, there is an unusual offering being sold on ebay.
The available software titles are as follows: Quad Rater, Synergetic Match Up II, Thoromation, EXDC and KGEN. There are 4 days of bidding left before they are sold.
I am not selling them nor am I purchasing them. There has been lots of Sartin interest on this board so I'm posting this for the people in the group that might be interested !
Maxspa

46zilzal
02-08-2006, 12:53 PM
all of these are MANUAL ENTRY of data. Prepare for many hours of sore fingertips

shoelessjoe
02-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Maxspa ,Thanks very much for the info,Im one who still does manual input and quite frankly I feels it helps me concentrate more.I know this is off topic somewhat but do any old Sartin members know what became of Marion Jones.I found him to be insightful both in writing articles and his presentation on tape.Shoeless

shoelessjoe
02-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Maxspa,Where can I find these on e-bay having trouble.Thanks Shoeless

Maxspa
02-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Shoeless,
In the 90's, I was at a Sartin seminar in Las Vegas and heard Marion Jones talk about turf racing. He was knowledgeable and his presentation was excellent.
I haven't heard or read anything about him lately but probably Dave Schwartz or Dick Schmidt could shed some light on his whereabouts.
Maxspa

shoelessjoe
02-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Maxspa,I wanted to know where you can locate these programs on e-bay.Shoeless

Maxspa
02-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Shoeless,
I went right by your message requesting directions! Go to www.ebay.com
The opening screen has the following message "Whatever It is You Can Get It Here." below the message is a blank area that will allow you to type in the word handicapping. Next to the blank area it will read "All Categories Search"
you don't need to change anything in that box. Just press enter and the handicapping area will come up on the screen. I believe it is two pages long and you will find it advertised there. There are other ways to reach the Sartin material but this one will work!
Maxspa

shoelessjoe
02-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks a lot Shoeless

LARRY GEORGE
02-08-2006, 08:58 PM
marion jones lived somewhere in the san diego area have not heard about
him years. also there was pastor bert mayne somewhere in up state
new york

Red Knave
02-09-2006, 12:28 PM
marion jones lived somewhere in the san diego area have not heard about him years. also there was pastor bert mayne somewhere in up state new yorkI hope I'm wrong but I think I remember reading that marion jones passed away.

DJofSD
02-09-2006, 06:51 PM
I, too, had heard that he had passed away but have not been able to confirm it.

DJofSD
02-09-2006, 06:59 PM
all of these are MANUAL ENTRY of data. Prepare for many hours of sore fingertips

Doc strongly believed manual entry had its benefits.

But I understand that if you're going to play more than a single track, you need to better manage your time. And reduce the associated errors from fat-fingering data into the computer. That's why AOdds was so popular.

Writing a program to extract data from a download file and creating files readable by any PIRCO program is not difficult.

I wouldn't let the need for manual entry deter any one from bidding on the software.

shoelessjoe
02-09-2006, 07:41 PM
You have to be careful with some of that old software as it will not load onto another computer.Too bad if that's true about Marion Jones he was one of the lesser known Pirco members but was a good one.Shoeless

JimG
02-09-2006, 11:31 PM
I did not know Marion Jones but the author of Work Horse Pro; spoke very highly of him as an inspiration and mentor, in his workbook to the software.

Dick Schmidt
02-10-2006, 04:48 AM
Not sure what happened to Marion Jones. He put in 30 years in the Navy, so you might be able to contact him through the VA if he is still alive.

Bert Mayne is still in upstate New York, and I correspond with him on a regular basis. Doing well.

Dick

shoelessjoe
02-10-2006, 06:38 AM
I really enjoy listening to those tapes you guys made back in the early 90's at the Sartin Seminar's.A lot of that stuff you all talked about still pertains to today's racing.Do you have any idea where I might be able to get some of those old Seminar tapes?Shoeless