PDA

View Full Version : Racecom.com,software, free trial

John
07-14-2002, 09:12 AM
Racecom.com is got a new twist " Software" You can download it and get 25 plays for free. Of course you have to spend $1.00 For the Bris file and then after the 25 free plays they will chagre you an extra $1.00 for every file you use from there database. I guess thats how it works for now. Or you can buy it for $1500.

I did download the program but cannot get it to run.

Has anyone tried the free offer and did you get it to run.If you did please explain what I am doing wrong....Thanks

bill
07-15-2002, 06:14 PM
it doesent run for me either

i dl the madc from ms still says sql missing etc says need to fund account had to dl prog twice first time said pk zip error dont know ans

if you find out let me know

bill

Dick Schmidt
07-15-2002, 06:32 PM
Bill,

If you ever learn to type, let us know.

Dick

bill
07-15-2002, 06:43 PM
to mr prick

i thought this was a real board not some smart ass thing im 72 years old but i do ok for myself not caring for you or your smart ass

bill

smf
07-15-2002, 09:38 PM
Bill,

You might be 72 years old but ya still have plenty of spunk, sir!

I hope I'm in as good of shape as you when I get to 72. Keep on posting, 'don't let them get you down', ok?

John
07-15-2002, 09:52 PM
Yah Bill, I am catching up tp you. Our skin is to thick. people can't offend us. I understood your short hand. No problem

Maybe Mr.Schmidt, will go to Rcaecom web and find out whats going on. He is smarter than us Bill. You would think He would want to help.

I understand Racecom will give you a key. They first wants the $25.00 up front and they will give you 50 plays the 25 free and the 25 you just bought. I don't know for sure but thats what I hear.

bill
07-15-2002, 10:16 PM
that sounds like racecom i bought when it first hit the mkt it was no good then a few weeks back they were going to post the picks but backed out saying they were in buss to make mon

they should tell the truth when they advertise

richard would you plese proof this post we need to be ???? you tell me

bill

Sam-I am
07-16-2002, 04:25 PM
Rocajack,Bill

I think the website is under construction at the bottom of the page they tell you that most links DON'T work yet to be patient
with I think a phone number 800 638 8088...I was thinking of downloading the A7 but I will hold up until the end of the week.

let me know how you make out.

David

pat
07-17-2002, 05:48 PM
Good luck calling the office i called a couple of times and spoke to someone who seemed i was annoying him by asking ???s imagine how he would react after the program is purchased BEWARE

bill
07-17-2002, 08:04 PM
everyone should know that these people are the best they realy dont need us

bill

kitts
07-17-2002, 08:25 PM
I was aware of a very detailed study done (I think it was 1990) on RaceCom and their version of Neural Network technology (for which they gladly claimed the title of "inventor") - this was a very thorough study, almost "scientific" and it established that this was awful software. I also had a copy for this program to evaluate and my own personal study, not "scientific" found this software--awful. It might appear that their renewed program is not meeting with much approval.

John
07-17-2002, 08:41 PM
Kitts,

Thanks . with your post I think we should put Racecom to sleep.

Dave Schwartz
07-18-2002, 07:56 AM
Generally, I do not get involved in anything that even resembles "competitor bashing," but I have a story that is just too funny to pass up. It came to me from a client I had back in the early '90s.

He said:

"I recently received the RC scanning software. It is, by far, the finest piece of software they have ever put out. When I applied the diskette to my kitchen table the wobble disappeared completely. I am looking forward to future releases as my dining room table wobbles as well."

Regards,
Dave Schwartz