PDA

View Full Version : William F. Buckley editorial

highnote
02-05-2006, 01:13 AM
Buckley is brilliant. I love reading his essays and hearing him speak. I don't always agree with him, but he's never dull.

Here is a question he poses at the end of an editorial about the Muhammad cartoons:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucwb/20060204/cm_ucwb/protectingmuhammad;_ylt=Arv4itb9LkakLzmzv7qwkDU__8 QF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4MzQ0N2p2BHNlYwMxNzA0

The question not being ventilated with sufficient thoroughness is: What are Muslim leaders doing to dissociate their faith from the ends to which it is being taken by the terrorists?

IMO, Muslims have allowed a vocal and radical faction to hi-jack their religion.

highnote
02-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Here's another important quote from that same article:

But is the day imminently ahead when Muslim influence expresses itself here as vigorously as it is doing in Europe? How exactly to account for the nearly universal decision of the press not to reproduce the Danish cartoons? The arrival of decorum in Slate?

The times they are a changing -- again.

Tom
02-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Reminds me of the crowds in Germany when Hitler held nazi rallies. Iran saying much the same rhetoric as Hitler, muslems basically taking the "arian race" posture -we all what followed. Because we failed to act in time back then.

Buckeye
02-05-2006, 06:53 PM
There's still plenty of time.

"We want to kill you" . . . ok, guess what happens next?

Don't bet on the United States laying down for these clowns. Maybe 800 years in the future (or more) . . . we'll all be gone by then.

What a joke.