PDA

View Full Version : SA Longshot (Sat 2/4)

rmania
02-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Race 4
#5 Tamerlane Spice (12-1 M/L)

Here's another one ...
Though he's not a morning line longshot there's a good chance he'll be overlooked in the betting:

Race 1
#13 Good and Tough Boy (6-1 M/L)

BetHorses!
02-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Surprised nobody commented yet. Well, great pick 36-1 finished 2nd. At first glance I thought you nailed the exacta but the #13 was the first race.

Another Solid longshot that ran

Good job :ThmbUp:

keilan
02-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Surprised nobody commented yet. Well, great pick 36-1 finished 2nd. At first glance I thought you nailed the exacta but the #13 was the first race.

Ahh he just got lucky -- come on rmania, admit it :lol: :lol:

Nice catch Dude

rmania
02-04-2006, 10:48 PM

That's true, the #13 I posted was for the 1st race.
However, the #13 in the 4th race was the K.I.S.S. horse. :bang:

rmania
02-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Ahh he just got lucky -- come on rmania, admit it :lol: :lol:

Nice catch Dude
Yeah it was luck.....
I just wish I could find some angle that would allow me to consistantley come up with hard trying longshots.
Like they say "Longshots are the ticket to success". :lol: :lol:

dastar
02-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Rmania,

Very good to come up with a $28 placer:
I looked at him, and threw him aside.:confused:

Funny, though I am not betting for a little while, I still do some charting.

I liked the 13, but your 5 takes the prize.

Might have to visit your picks more often.

Dastar

kingfin66
02-05-2006, 03:25 AM
I too have noticed that RRMANIA has a knack for getting longshots on the board. I recently had some free time - most would say too much free time - and decided to run some ####'s on the picks. For the period 7/1/05-1/28/06, RRMANIA's picks netted the following results:

68 races
9 winners - ROI = 23.09%
15 seconds - ROI = 39.71%

It's interesting that the ROI on the place money is so much higher than the win, but that is the nature of betting some big longshots like RRMANIA does. These picks are from threads where RRMANIA has selected one horse per race. The results are pretty accurate and VERY OUTSTANDING.

Nice job on that horse today!

BIG RED
02-06-2006, 12:12 PM
I always check rrmania's picks if I am playing that track. 'We' have hooked up on several nice exotics over the days. He is consistant enough not to ignore his choices.
Thanks rrmania and keep them coming!

BetHorses!
02-07-2006, 07:04 AM
I too have noticed that RRMANIA has a knack for getting longshots on the board. I recently had some free time - most would say too much free time - and decided to run some ####'s on the picks. For the period 7/1/05-1/28/06, RRMANIA's picks netted the following results:

68 races
9 winners - ROI = 23.09%
15 seconds - ROI = 39.71%

It's interesting that the ROI on the place money is so much higher than the win, but that is the nature of betting some big longshots like RRMANIA does. These picks are from threads where RRMANIA has selected one horse per race. The results are pretty accurate and VERY OUTSTANDING.

Nice job on that horse today!

They all run too. Most of them are in a position to win which really amazes me given the constant LARGE odds.

nick adams
02-10-2006, 12:51 AM
rmania hit another place horse on 2/9. made for a nice tri. thanks and keep the picks coming

Doug3312
02-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Rmania,

Are all your longshot selections the KISS method? I have been following along. Good job!

Doug

rmania
02-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Rmania,

Are all your longshot selections the KISS method? I have been following along. Good job!

Doug
No....

But then you could have answered this question yourself by looking at my selection on 2/9.

I will admit that I rely on the K.I.S.S. method more than others, but why not? It consistently points to, what tirns out to be, hard trying runners regardless of the oods.