PDA

View Full Version : Interesting U.K. news article

highnote
02-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Bush 'plotted to lure Saddam into war with fake UN plane'

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article342859.ece

lsbets
02-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Okay, and I think many of the people who want to believe this is true will at least understand and appreciate why I do not think this leaked memo is authentic.

According to the article, a quote from the memo says Bush used the word "internecine". Does anyone, regardless of whether you like the guy or not, really think Bush has that word in his vocabulary? I'm being serious - a million to one says Bush couldn't come close to pronouncing the word (I'll leave the really easy understanding the word jokes to everyone else).

twindouble
02-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Okay, and I think many of the people who want to believe this is true will at least understand and appreciate why I do not think this leaked memo is authentic.

According to the article, a quote from the memo says Bush used the word "internecine". Does anyone, regardless of whether you like the guy or not, really think Bush has that word in his vocabulary? I'm being serious - a million to one says Bush couldn't come close to pronouncing the word (I'll leave the really easy understanding the word jokes to everyone else).:lol: Good handicapping Isbets, who do you like in the Aqu 9th. :)

Tom
02-03-2006, 03:43 PM
I was impressed when he said "drone." :rolleyes: :liar:

lsbets
02-03-2006, 03:49 PM
:lol: Good handicapping Isbets, who do you like in the Aqu 9th. :)

20 second handicapping (I'm on the way out the door) - at 8-1 (ML) I'll play the 6. :)

lsbets
02-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Did you play it twin? ;)

Secretariat
02-03-2006, 05:17 PM

According to the article, a quote from the memo says Bush used the word "internecine". Does anyone, regardless of whether you like the guy or not, really think Bush has that word in his vocabulary? I'm being serious - a million to one says Bush couldn't come close to pronouncing the word (I'll leave the really easy understanding the word jokes to everyone else).

There must be very few people that have that word in their vocabulary - perhaps "why" Blair did not respond. He was probably thinking what the heck does that mean. While it may not be in GW's vocab, if Condi tried to help him remember an impressive word for the meeting it is entirely possible he used it. Doesn't mean he pronounced it right in the meeting, or even knew what it meant. I could see GW committing a word to memory to impress the Brits. He may have even been quite proud of himself for doing so.