PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to be the first?

Snag
01-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Who wants to be the first to bash our President Bush on his State of the Union speech? I'm sure there are a number of things you want to say. BASHERS ONLY please. I would like to see what you have to say. President Bush had the floor this evening. Now is your time. Please.

santanajimi
01-31-2006, 10:02 PM
I hear the ahole on the tv in the backround....i wont waste my time listening to what he has to say...f him. Enough said.

46zilzal
01-31-2006, 10:04 PM
ALL political speeches are best characterized in the movie The Farmer's Daughter when Charles Bickfrod takes Loretta Young to a political rally to show her their "knee-jerk" reaction to ANYTHIING (He stands up and hollers "Fish For Sale") and the crowd roars...same thing here

rrpic6
01-31-2006, 10:07 PM
How many times did he say "the terrorists"? My over/under was 12.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2006, 10:27 PM
How many times did he say "the terrorists"? My over/under was 12.

Would you have preferred he call them freedom fighters?

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2006, 10:28 PM
I hear the ahole on the tv in the backround....i wont waste my time listening to what he has to say...f him. Enough said.

Santanajimi baby!! You've been holding back on us! Been registered since 2003 and this is only post #13...and a doozy #13 at that! Where have you been all my life?

kenwoodallpromos
01-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Since I want to post but the lib thread starter is pre-censoring speech, I will bash Bush!
From first to last chronologically his topics is also the chances of those things being done.
Foreign affairs he gave FDR's 1942 speech- domestic he gave Carter's 1977 speech!

JustRalph
01-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Same old shit.............

Tom
02-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Same old shit.............

Bush? Or the bashers? ;)

lsbets
02-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Bush? Or the bashers? ;)

Both.

kitts
02-01-2006, 01:29 PM
In one my rare visits to the land of Off Topic, I would like to add the question: why does every major news channel feel they have to carry the complete speech? The speeches are rarely truthful and significant. Many people turn to TV for mindless entertainment and are robbed of it on speech night. A simple summary on the late news should be enough for the masses, Just IMHO

rrpic6
02-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Would you have preferred he call them freedom fighters?

Nope, He likes to use phrases like "evil doers", "the terrorists are listening", and "its my job to protect the American people". Read some of the transcripts from his speeches and those are mixed in often. Is it subliminal to cause fear? He did not say "its my job to protect the American" people when he revoked some of the Health and Safety laws. He might have said "its my job to protect the richest Americans" when he revoked the Inheritance Tax Law.

rastajenk
02-01-2006, 01:48 PM
I get about 200 channels, and the Pres was on 7 or 8 of them. That leaves 190 or so for mindless entertainment.

headhawg
02-01-2006, 02:03 PM
I get about 200 channels, and the Pres was on 7 or 8 of them. That leaves 190 or so for mindless entertainment.
One could make the argument that those 7 or 8 channels also had mindless entertainment.

JustRalph
02-01-2006, 02:18 PM
when he revoked the Inheritance Tax Law.

What the hell are you talking about? There is still an inheritance tax.........

Congress modified it a while back.............but it still exists. Bush can't revoke anything? The tax is still punitive and is a blatant rip off. The inheritence tax accomplishes one thing..........it taxes money or assests that have already been taxed several times before. It should go away.

We have farmers here in Ohio who have left their land to the kids, and the kids have had to sell it to pay the inheritence tax.........leaving them with nothing or at least bypassing the wishes of the deceased. It should go away.

twindouble
02-01-2006, 02:24 PM

Congress modified it a while back.............but it still exists. Bush can't revoke anything? The tax is still punitive and is a blatant rip off. The inheritence tax accomplishes one thing..........it taxes money or assests that have already been taxed several times before. It should go away.

We have farmers here in Ohio who have left their land to the kids, and the kids have had to sell it to pay the inheritence tax.........leaving them with nothing or at least bypassing the wishes of the deceased. It should go away.

We inherit everything we do and everything we do nothing about. The problem is, who's doing what to who?

T.D.

ljb
02-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Well by my count that would be 7 or 8 for mindless entertainment. :lol:
Sorry could not resist the straight line laid out for me.
oops should have read the whole thread before replying. Headhawg beat me to it.

betchatoo
02-01-2006, 03:25 PM

I am a liberal and I don't stand to inherit anything but I'm in complete agreement with JR on this. Making people pay additional taxes because they've died is a huge rip off. If people have accumulated somethinhg and want to pass it on to their children, I see no reason the damn gubbermint should get a piece.

ljb
02-01-2006, 03:27 PM

Yes and I understand Paris Hilton had to go to work also. Next thing you know the Walton heirs will be asked to be greeters. :D :D :D

toetoe
02-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Farmer's Daughter: Bickford and Young. Okay, they were very good. But the Teevee show had Inger Stevens :kiss: :jump: :kiss: , William Windom, Cathleen Nesbitt, AND that stairway escalator chair thing. :cool:

rrpic6
02-01-2006, 07:17 PM
An example of how the change in the tax law opens it up to corporations to not pay taxes on property passed on to them.

http://individuals.marylandtaxes.com/estatetax/inherit.asp

rrpic6
02-01-2006, 07:19 PM
revoked..not the right choice of words. Lets say "changed". More boring, but more accurate.

JustRalph
02-01-2006, 07:21 PM
revoked..not the right choice of words. Lets say "changed". More boring, but more accurate.

Congress changed it. Not Bush. There have been calls to change it for years.

don't forget. When you talk about "corporate taxes" remember, Corporations Don't pay Taxes! Their customers do...............they pass it all on to us.

rrpic6
02-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Congress changed it. Not Bush. There have been calls to change it for years.

don't forget. When you talk about "corporate taxes" remember, Corporations Don't pay Taxes! Their customers do...............they pass it all on to us.

It was Bush that initiated the changes. RReagan (no relation) initiated Medicare Tax in 1983 (about). I paid over $900 last year, yet am not eligible for Medicare for many,many years. I bitch this is unfair, but the medicare system could be a lot worse than it is, if it wasn't for that type of money funding it. The loss of 10's of Millions of tax dollars due to Inheritance Tax changes could not rescue the deficit but it could have been helpful.