PDA

View Full Version : Exxon/Mobil Record profits

shanta
01-30-2006, 10:56 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060130/ap_on_bi_ge/earns_exxon_mobil

Richie

Secretariat
01-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I saw this as well. Last week it was Chevron recording a record breaking year.

Seems GW and Cheney are doing all they can to help their buddies. I've got so now though you just shake your head and say par for the course.

shanta
01-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I saw this as well. Last week it was Chevron recording a record breaking year.

Seems GW and Cheney are doing all they can to help their buddies. I've got so now though you just shake your head and say par for the course.

Not just the Repubs Sec. BOTH sides of the aisle have their pockets stuffed by "Big Oil". We should have been free of this oil nonsense 15-20 years ago.

Alternate energy sources have been in existence for how long now?

Gas prices rising sharply here In NY for the last 3 weeks. Back up to almost 3 bucks for reg unleaded heating oil over $ 2.50 a gallon for those without a "cap"

Richie

Secretariat
01-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Not just the Repubs Sec. BOTH sides of the aisle have their pockets stuffed by "Big Oil". We should have been free of this oil nonsense 15-20 years ago.

Alternate energy sources have been in existence for how long now?

Gas prices rising sharply here In NY for the last 3 weeks. Back up to almost 3 bucks for reg unleaded heating oil over $ 2.50 a gallon for those without a "cap"

Richie

Wait till the summer Richie, and wait till we invade Iran. You better not have a gas guzzler then.

Don't count on Washington to lead. They're in bed with the oil lobby. it's starting to become obscene.

twindouble
01-30-2006, 11:41 AM

Sec, are you saying Bush and Cheney manipulated the market so the his oil buddies could get rich? How do you go about doing that? Didn't you find it strange when the Oil company's the big wigs didn't have to testify under oath when they were before the Senate, whereas the ball players were under oath on the drug problem. Then to top it off, on a bipartisan vote the oil company's got a few billion in subsidies to help with the transition to other forms of energy as a result of that hearing. :bang: Do you think Bush was behind that?

T.D.

Suff
01-30-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm a stone cold capittalist. Good for Exxon.

The issue is. When the tide turns , they change the laws.

Head 2 head we'll beat them. But when they change the laws at a whim.......we got no shot.

Except guns.

Bobby
01-30-2006, 11:54 AM
$36 billion in profits last year and yet after 17 years EXXON is STILL appealing the $5 billion dollar verdict against them for the VALDEZ oil spill that affected the livlihoods of tens of thousands of people in Alaska and irrepairably harmed the environmnet.

Corporate greed.

Tom
01-30-2006, 11:59 AM
The oil companies are behind America.

I have felt them there before. :eek:

shanta
01-30-2006, 12:19 PM
The oil companies are behind America.

I have felt them there before. :eek:

EXACTLY

twindouble
01-30-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm a stone cold capittalist. Good for Exxon.

The issue is. When the tide turns , they change the laws.

Head 2 head we'll beat them. But when they change the laws at a whim.......we got no shot.

Except guns.

I don't care how much the oil company's make as long they aren't minipulating the market for those profits ESP in times when our national security is at stake or natural disasters. Like wise I expect the American people to tighten the belt when those conditions prevail.

T.D.

kenwoodallpromos
01-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Either do what I do (drive only 20 miles per week), or kill the terrorists so they do not blow up Iraq's oil facilities.

twindouble
01-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Either do what I do (drive only 20 miles per week), or kill the terrorists so they do not blow up Iraq's oil facilities.

Ken, as of Jan we used 175 gallons of oil less than last year, we just have to figure out what the degree days were for the right figure on savings.

The wife baught a new Toyota, she almost doubled her millage on a trip by getting rid of the Buick.

T.D.

Suff
01-30-2006, 01:03 PM
I don't care how much the oil company's make as long they aren't minipulating the market for those profits ESP inail.

T.D.

I saw a guy post here last month about Aruba pays the same as Germany..............:lol:

Your kidding right?

Google it up.

the You ESS A , is the largest oile EXPORTER in the Northern Hemisphere.

We SELL oil to Japan and China.

Free Market?

:lol:

I dare you..........I put a 100 bucks down for the guy that tells me where BP, Shell and Exxon/Mobil fit into the oil Market.

I dare you to tell me where they are in the equation.

Lil tid-bit. Corporate tax rate in Kuwait is 40%. dats rite. Fridays, Chile's, Kentucy Fried chicken, UPS, FEDEX, DOW, HALLIBURTON, RAYTHEON, BOEING, GE, GM, LOCKHEED and many many more. Pay 40%. They pay 0 in America.

0 stands for ZERO.

JustRalph
01-30-2006, 01:25 PM
corporations don't pay taxes. Their customers do..................

Tom
01-30-2006, 02:13 PM
EXXON:

First Three Months
2005 2004
(millions of dollars)

Taxes
Income taxes $ 5,043 $ 3,522
Excise taxes 7,238 6,416
All other taxes and duties 10,944 10,853
Total $ 23,225 $ 20,791

Effective income tax rate 41.3 % 41.8 %

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/050505/xom10-q.html Page -20-

kenwoodallpromos
01-30-2006, 02:37 PM
"All other taxes and duties 10,944 10,853".
Must be ATF gun dealer fees! :lol:

Tom
01-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Fex Ex....see page 68, Note 11

http://www.fedex.com/us/investorrelations/downloads/annualreport/2004annualreport.pdf?link=4

Snag
01-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Some day someone will be on 60 Minutes telling us about the oil traders that drove up the price of oil in '05. Remember Enron trading in electricity? You don't have to produce or supply anything as a trader. It was a little complicated but the folks on the west coast paid the price. The same story will play out with oil.

Secretariat
01-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Sec, are you saying Bush and Cheney manipulated the market so the his oil buddies could get rich? How do you go about doing that? Didn't you find it strange when the Oil company's the big wigs didn't have to testify under oath when they were before the Senate, whereas the ball players were under oath on the drug problem. Then to top it off, on a bipartisan vote the oil company's got a few billion in subsidies to help with the transition to other forms of energy as a result of that hearing. :bang: Do you think Bush was behind that?

T.D.

TD,

All I know is this.

Exxon Mobil reports unbeleivable profits almost in the same quarter that Hurricane Katrina devastates the Gulf Coast. Meanwhile people in that region are still waiting, but Exxon seems ot have made out quite well during this time. I'm not sure we're ever going to get back on track after this Presidency. I've never seen anything like it. Even Nixon.

I must confess TD, it is extremely disheartening to watch this unabated greed go unchecked while Americans pass over their paychecks to the big oil GW supporters. What's even mroe disheartening is people are now coming to accept it as the norm...

twindouble
01-30-2006, 07:07 PM
TD,

All I know is this.

Exxon Mobil reports unbeleivable profits almost in the same quarter that Hurricane Katrina devastates the Gulf Coast. Meanwhile people in that region are still waiting, but Exxon seems ot have made out quite well during this time. I'm not sure we're ever going to get back on track after this Presidency. I've never seen anything like it. Even Nixon.

I must confess TD, it is extremely disheartening to watch this unabated greed go unchecked while Americans pass over their paychecks to the big oil GW supporters. What's even mroe disheartening is people are now coming to accept it as the norm...

Sec, this is what I had to say on the subject.

I don't care how much the oil company's make as long they aren't minipulating the market for those profits ESP in times when our national security is at stake or natural disasters. Like wise I expect the American people to tighten the belt when those conditions prevail.

So, I agree.

T.D.