PDA

View Full Version : SA Longshot (Sun 1/29)

rmania
01-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Race 5
#9 Mystos (12-1 M/L)

rmania
01-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Race 5
#9 Mystos (12-1 M/L)
Hmmm....
Another scratch.
You may want to make a note of this and catch him in his next start (regardless of distance).
You might remember the last horse I posted that got scratched (Ice Cole).
He raced next at 1 1/16 miles and won paying $59.60.

Suff
01-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Hmmm....
Another scratch.
You may want to make a note of this and catch him in his next start (regardless of distance).
You might remember the last horse I posted that got scratched (Ice Cole).
He raced next at 1 1/16 miles and won paying $59.60.

Don't roll in the mud wit dat nigga.:lol: :jump:

The part of retirement you missed was..he's close (or off) parole or probation this year..........:lol: :jump:

You have put more winners up than me. double digit winners. your a king.

EB + YH + UY plus I'm broke and off parole and can get back to selling,

your twice(3 to 10th power)him RMANIA. Don't shake his hand. He's a clown,

rmania
01-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Suff...
Try telling me how you REALLY feel. :lol: :lol:
I don't mean any disrespect for the dude.
I just don't think that what he's preaching can be applied when it counts (BEFORE THE RACE).
I haven't taken the time to count the number of angles he's identified but I know it's a lot. So many that it would probably that the average person a week to handicap one race.

Suff
01-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Suff...
what he's preaching can be applied when it counts (BEFORE THE RACE).
I haven't taken the time to count the number of angles he's identified but I know it's a lot. So many that it would probably that the average person a week to handicap one race.

B + A + + ER + cops are looking for me.

25 years at a race track.

cato
01-31-2006, 01:42 AM
Suff, when did you start rapping? Grand master suff. peace out

Cato

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2006, 01:57 AM
I know this probably isn't the place, but do you guys think Boxcar is doing a disservice by his thread?

I only wish more of the longer term posters and more successful players among us would take the time to share what THEY thought was useful.

rmania
01-31-2006, 08:05 AM
I know this probably isn't the place, but do you guys think Boxcar is doing a disservice by his thread?

I only wish more of the longer term posters and more successful players among us would take the time to share what THEY thought was useful.
Just by asking I think you’ve already come up with the answer in your own mind.

If a disservice is being done it’s only to those that are naive enough to believe that it’s possible to spot all of these angles before the race.

That’s the reason I interjected. I posted one simple angle that, according to my experiences, has worked well in finding winners (regardless of the odds). Who knows, maybe it was just too simple for most to believe.

See there PA.... I shared what I thought was useful... ;)

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2006, 09:29 AM
If a disservice is being done it’s only to those that are naive enough to believe that it’s possible to spot all of these angles before the race.

I will admit I studied Boxcar's thread in enough detail. However, couldn't you use a computer to spot all of these angles? I'm sure someone will code his stuff eventually and discover whether or not his stuff is viable....

rmania
01-31-2006, 09:48 AM
I will admit I studied Boxcar's thread in enough detail. However, couldn't you use a computer to spot all of these angles? I'm sure someone will code his stuff eventually and discover whether or not his stuff is viable....
PA...
Did you mean to say that you "hadn't" studied the thread in enough detail?
If so, you can add my name to the list. I find it impossible to keep focused.

As a computer programmer I can say that it would be (to say the least) difficult to write a program that takes into account all of the angles he mentions.

However, the real problem (IMO) is his interpretations of the past performances. He has a knack of taking what's in print and massaging it to fit an angle.

Look at his last post where he discusses Spill The Ink. Just about everything he says is false. And this isn't the first time he's done this.

WaHoo
01-31-2006, 10:46 AM
However, the real problem (IMO) is his interpretations of the past performances. He has a knack of taking what's in print and massaging it to fit an angle.

Thats what most programs do, backfit. I can see value in both of yours systems.
I've been playing the horses nearly 40 years and i find boxcars post interesting and he does have a lot of angles, but what if i find One angle that makes me money, it's worth the read, But i'm finding more than one.
going over the past pp's i can see where i'm missing horses, I may find 2 or 3 horses that show a postive chance to win with Trainer Intent, to me they're worth putting in my trifectas or pick3's. I very seldom bet a horse to win but will bet more than the $2 across when i do now.
If boxcar has shown me one thing it's using the PP's instead of just relying on programs. as for as him posting selections i really don't care, he's got me looking for more profitable winners.

keilan
01-31-2006, 11:57 AM

I have way too much trouble getting through his posts, so I have no idea whether he has anything of value to contribute. If he were however to post an example before they ran, he might get my attention. Going back in the PP’s doesn’t do it for me.

Quite frankly the only way earn respect from fellow players is to call it before they run. Nobody has to be right every time but each player’s results will speak for themselves.

Rightly or wrongly I personally refuse to give examples of my plays to other guys unless I do it before the race. It’s called creditability imo.

In no way am I calling Boxcar out, hell he could be the best player among us but if he continues like he his no one will ever know.

I digress but the fellow from Tampa regardless of his claims could play a li’l bit and I understood that from his selections.

Anyways that’s enough from the peanut gallery, but since you asked the question PA that is probably the reason some of the more supposedly accomplished players haven’t jumped in.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2006, 01:12 PM
PA...
Did you mean to say that you "hadn't" studied the thread in enough detail?

Yes, that's what I meant...sorry bout that...