PDA

View Full Version : Aquaduct Stats

ernie simons
01-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Does anybody use the stats pages on the Aq site? Last week they had the Phipps stables at 16 starts with 6 wins overall. This week they have em listed at 12 starts 3 wins overall. All the records for the Phipps stable are lower than the previous weeks. How is that? ALL their records are lower than the previous weeks since the start of this meet. Am I missing something?

46zilzal
01-28-2006, 06:18 PM
question is, why would the owners stats mean that much? When are they scheduled to run?

xtb
01-28-2006, 11:45 PM
I've read about the "Turn System" at clockerbob.com but haven't looked into it.

AwolAwolAtPA
01-29-2006, 03:17 AM
hi Ernie,

I agree that Trainer stats can be helpful in some races, especially the Trainer WITH Jockey stats.

my hunch is the time frame for the report caused the change in the counts but could be that someone goofed up the data.

would you post the link to the site that has these stats.
ie, I guessed but could not find the AQ site

--------------
And, I agree with 46zilzal that you must have some way of knowing when the trainer has a horse entered but ONLY IF you have something special (like a spot play) for a particular trainer.
-----------
well XTB, my understanding of the 'Turn System' is that the OWNER is the foundation for the history and the bet. Yes, usually one trainer would have all of an owners' horses but the trainer history would cover many owners.

duane

ernie simons
01-29-2006, 09:22 AM
It's actually the track leader standings, not stats. Broken down to catagories. ie; alw, cl, maidens, stakes, etc. Starts, wins, places, show.
Here's the page.....nyra.com/chart/owner.asp?track=A
I followed these numbers since the meet started. For some reason, they're all reduced from last week. Everybody's start and win %'s went down. I know they track these figs for the entire meet at Aq. Very confusing. Sent an email to Aquaduct, but I don't expect any reply from them.
I remember seeing a post a while back from somebody that followed the Phipps stables at A. I've been watching them this year at A. That's the reason I noticed the discrepancy in the figures.

xtb
01-29-2006, 02:03 PM
hi Ernie,

well XTB, my understanding of the 'Turn System' is that the OWNER is the foundation for the history and the bet. Yes, usually one trainer would have all of an owners' horses but the trainer history would cover many owners.

duane

Well AwolAwolAtPa, my understanding is that Ernie was referring to owners.

46zilzal
01-29-2006, 02:04 PM
owners don't get under the tack now do they?

AwolAwolAtPA
01-29-2006, 05:40 PM
ernie: thanks for the link.
------
xtb: yes, you are right. I 'spoke' to soon.
Now that I have seen the report (labeled Current Leading Owners), I agree with you that this may be very similar to the 'Turn System'. However, I have only done a single reading and not a detailed study of the method.

so, xtb, if you dig into Turn System, then I would appreciate hearing your comments about the results.
--------

46zilzal: yes, I agree that the owners are not like the trainers or jockeys or hotwalkers or others that are usually the folks who are '..under the tack..'

However, the owners MIGHT affect the betting pool and as a horseplayer, I think following this owner information will help sometimes. aaah but ONLY sometimes.
===============
duane

ernie simons
01-29-2006, 06:44 PM
"However, the owners MIGHT affect the betting pool and as a horseplayer, I think following this owner information will help sometimes. aaah but ONLY sometimes." AwolAwolAtPA

Exactly. For instance. Race 5 at Aq today. Stronach/Pletcher/Luzzi.
Any time I find a $$ combination like this, a combination you only see in certain situations, I take the rubber band off the wad.
There are a lot of owner/trainer combos that fire on a regular basis if you know what to look for.
I know I run the risk of drawing fire from the handicapping purists, but sometimes you can just see owner/trainer intent without having to pour over the racing form untill your eyes bleed. If you follow a select few owners and trainers on the NY circuit, eventually certain situations arise that look obvious. Like the 5th at Aq today.
I'm sure someone will be along directly to tell me (again) that this is not a viable strategy. That there are more pieces to the big puzzle that have to be assembled. Thank God I didn't mention my tote watching strategy. ;)

46zilzal
01-29-2006, 07:45 PM
same horse was a standout via pace handicapping. The horse, not the connections.

ernie simons
01-29-2006, 07:59 PM
same horse was a standout via pace handicapping. The horse, not the connections.

Works both ways. Hope you cashed it. ;)

classhandicapper
01-30-2006, 10:40 AM
"However, the owners MIGHT affect the betting pool and as a horseplayer, I think following this owner information will help sometimes. aaah but ONLY sometimes." AwolAwolAtPA"

I think you almost have to seperate the trainer stats by owner. There are a lot of situations besides "action on the board" where different owners would mean different things.

A horse is claimed for 25K, runs one weak race and is dropped to 20K. For the same trainer but different owners that could either mean he is a cripple or they are going for a quick win.

Some owners might have access to farms where their horses can be prepped by others for their first start or first start off a layoff while other owners for the same trainer do not.

Certain jockeys might be a "go to" rider for one owner but not the others.

etc...