PDA

View Full Version : Sea. vs Pitt. History

Bala
01-27-2006, 06:24 PM
To those who rely on history as a guide:

Head-to-Head Series History Listed below is a summary of the games results in recent Head-to-Head matchups.

All games in this series since 1992 SEATTLE is 5-0 against the spread versus PITTSBURGH since 1992

SEATTLE is 4-2 straight up against PITTSBURGH since 1992

3 of 6 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL since 1992

Games over the last 3 seasons SEATTLE is 1-0 against the spread versus PITTSBURGH over the last 3 seasons

SEATTLE is 1-0 straight up against PITTSBURGH over the last 3 seasons

1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons.

46zilzal
01-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Being a Seattle fan, I'd like to jump on this bandwagon, but those teams aren't the ones that wiil be meeting next week.

That is akin to saying because UCLA beat U. of Kentucky 7 out of ten, they have a great chance next week. Or an older grade one horse (battle worn) should beat another.....unfortunately, things change.

toetoe
01-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Hey, Funny Cide is probably the most frequent Grade-1 winner in just about every race he goes in, or he has been often.

Pittsburgh will need much more than Bettis to win. I think he will be stuffed, but their attack will still prevail. If so, they'll tie my 9'ers for Snoozer Bowl wins @ 5. :eek: :eek:

Valuist
01-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Zilzal is correct. Trends (i.e. technical analysis) have little value in NFL handicapping. There are a few exceptions, but any trend that goes back to 1992 can be completely written off. The only trends I consider are re: head coaches, specifically how they perform vs division opponents and non-division opponents and also if there is a home/road dichotemy.