PDA

View Full Version : A defeated handicapper rises again...

Bubbles
07-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Hey...

After my, shall we say, HORRIBLE handicapping last weekend (Suburban triple ran second-third-fourth.), I'm back for another try. Most of this weekend's PPs aren't available yet. However, at Colonial Downs, there is a major prep for the fall turf races, at that is the Virginia Derby, an ungraded yet $500,000 stakes race run at a mile and a quarter on the grass. Here goes nothing...

First off, this is not a very accomplished field. However, there is one horse who might be able to win in more upper-class races. ORCHARD PARK came from a dozen lengths back to win a Grade 3 at Churchill Downs. The horse he caught was Mr. Mellon, who went on to win the Arlington Classic a few weeks ago. He should be able to beat these by about three lengths. FLYING DASH (GER) can also close and has won his last three starts. Gets Victor Espinoza for this and should get some money here. JEREMIAH JACK ran a respectable fourth in the Arlington Classic as the chalk, and he won the start before by five emphatic lengths. Not a bad pick in exotics.

I'll have my picks for the Hollywood Gold Cup when the PPs come out. If you have any comments regarding my handicapping, post 'em. I can take a hit.

Dick Schmidt
07-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Bubble,

No problem with your picks, or picks in general, but this board has a section for them. Try posting your picks in the Selections folder. That's where people who are interested in then will look.

Dick