PDA

View Full Version : British fans flock to French cockfights

highnote
01-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Anyone ever been to a cock fight? I never have. One of my cousin's husband used to go to them in Indiana and/or Alabama -- I was never sure, because it was kind of a secret. But I was just a kid then and was always curious.

I doubt I would go now, but there still seems to be a lot of interest. Just curious if anyone knows anything about it.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2003836,00.html

toetoe
01-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Woe betide the industry if the Muslim freakazoids find out, as they disapprove. And we know what happens to things in France that are not approved by the Islamofascists.

Tom
01-25-2006, 05:03 PM
I think it is a reflection of weak minds and lack of moral upbringing to attend cock fights. People who go to them are pretty much semi-human and sick in the head. I would watch anyone who frequents these events as being liable to turn into some kind of Jeffery Dahmer.

If you have to watch roosters hack themselves up to get your jollies, you should really consider suicide - you are not worth spit.:mad:

highnote
01-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, that is kind of my feeling. I was surprised how many people make the trip from England to France to watch them, though.

Of course, these same types of people stage dog fights, too.

I suppose if they still allowed gladiator fights to the death these people would have front row seats.

so.cal.fan
01-25-2006, 08:48 PM
<If you have to watch roosters hack themselves up to get your jollies, you should really consider suicide - you are not worth spit>.

I totally agree with Tom!
Cock fights, Dog fights, Bull fights.......the bottom feeders of "sports".
Not unlike ancient Rome.......

ljb
01-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Not sure about bull fights but I hear there is extensive wagering on the other two activities. Not that I approve either.

Tom
01-25-2006, 10:47 PM
If the Brittish like gore so much, why don't they act like real men and go to France and kick the crap out of some French weenies? THAT I could get behind! :D

Dan Montilion
01-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Chicken anyone?

Dan Montilion

GaryG
01-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Bruce Headley had Bertrando as a 2yo and he won the Dmr Futurity. They used to (maybe still do) paint the jockey statue in the walking ring with the colors of the previous year's winner, in this case white with a gamecock on the back. Headley complained that the artist had painted a "wimpy chicken" and he wanted it redone. Headley was later busted by the Arcadia police for raising gamecocks.

highnote
01-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Is it illegal to raise gamecocks?

I can see it would be illegal to put them in the ring, but to raise them? It could be an interesting hobby. I'm sure they're very nice birds.

I'd love to have bulls on my farm someday - doesn't mean I'm going to stage a bullfight.