PDA

View Full Version : 20" monitors from Costco

Dave Schwartz
01-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Okay, so with the passing of my dear friend Butkus, I addressed my grief by returning my three 19" Princeton monitors to Costco (two were showing significant degradation and the third, which was new, had too many bad pixels for me to tolerate).

I replaced them with two 20" wide (1680 x 1050) ViewSonics. Boys and girls, just let me tell you that this is the way to go. These are hot!

They are a full two inches wider but about one inch shorter. But what a panoramic desktop I have now!

Here is the link for anyone interested:

ViewSonic 20" monitors from Costco (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11104098&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=)

BTW, the old monitors were $499 and these are only $399. I love coming out of Costco with new and better stuff and more money as well. If you aren't buying everything you can at Costco, you are missing out.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

DJofSD
01-24-2006, 12:47 AM
It does look like quite the bargin. Dual analogue/digital input. Spec's look better than my Samsung SyncMaster 170MP -- and one heck of a lot cheaper than what I paid! (But at least I can watch TV on it along with PIP).

Dave Schwartz
01-24-2006, 02:55 AM
PIP is just a function of the TV input device software.

(Look at me pretending to be an expert when just two weeks ago I had no clue.)

Although I understand that you can get your desktop into the PIP on your TV, getting the TV into a window is akin to PIP.

Dave

Sailwolf
02-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Okay, so with the passing of my dear friend Butkus, I addressed my grief by returning my three 19" Princeton monitors to Costco (two were showing significant degradation and the third, which was new, had too many bad pixels for me to tolerate).

I replaced them with two 20" wide (1680 x 1050) ViewSonics. Boys and girls, just let me tell you that this is the way to go. These are hot!

They are a full two inches wider but about one inch shorter. But what a panoramic desktop I have now!

Here is the link for anyone interested:

ViewSonic 20" monitors from Costco (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11104098&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=)

BTW, the old monitors were $499 and these are only $399. I love coming out of Costco with new and better stuff and more money as well. If you aren't buying everything you can at Costco, you are missing out.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

I brought my entire computer from Cosco. Cheaper then Dell itself and the trade organization I belong to in my profession.

I had a choice between the 20' and the 24'. Since of limited means, chose the 20' and it is great. The screen size is more of a rentangle than a square

However, costco is great, but not much selection. Several times if looking for Bud, Miller, or Coors, all they had was light.

rrbauer
02-13-2006, 03:55 PM
However, costco is great, but not much selection. Several times if looking for Bud, Miller, or Coors, all they had was light.

I don't belong to or shop at Costco. But, a friend says they have great selection and prices on domestic wines.