PDA

View Full Version : Oaklawn

lamboruns
01-23-2006, 04:41 PM
With Oaklawn kicking off with more horses than usual there have been more than a few "shots" coming in 1-2 for some big exactas and win bets... just wonder ing any readers hit for some big tickets at OP and what handicapping techniques were used to point in that direction.. thanks guys...

STEEL CITY BABY

Valuist
01-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Celluloid Hero opening day. A friend of mine had talked to the trainer that day and he said the horse was very sharp. Didn't say he'd win but that he was doing good. It didn't hurt that he was one of the few who could close in a race loaded w/early speed.

lamboruns
01-23-2006, 04:48 PM
valuist... are you a OP regular

Valuist
01-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Not in person. I haven't been to Hot Springs in years. But as for betting Oaklawn, yeah it is one of my main tracks to play in the winter.

lamboruns
01-23-2006, 04:54 PM
i live in arkansas...am going to OP this weekend for 3 days of live racing...will have a scouting report upon my return..if any good op news ot tips...post it for me..!!

xfile
01-23-2006, 05:15 PM
With Oaklawn kicking off with more horses than usual there have been more than a few "shots" coming in 1-2 for some big exactas and win bets... just wonder ing any readers hit for some big tickets at OP and what handicapping techniques were used to point in that direction.. thanks guys...

STEEL CITY BABY

Most definitely Oaklawn is a HOTBED for overlays. I play it every year. Right now is peak season for me. Aqueduct inner - Tampa - Gulf - Oaklawn. A player can find a buffet of overlays at these 4 tracks. Winter is good down here in Florida. It was 81 degrees today. :cool:

turffan
01-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Just an observation that they only had two wire to wire winners in 28 races over the first three days of the meet.

lamboruns
01-23-2006, 05:19 PM
what do u look for at OP..anything Unique?

kenwoodallpromos
01-23-2006, 05:39 PM
I heard there nay be bad weather. Update us on if and how weather plays there, ok? Thanks!

lamboruns
01-23-2006, 07:55 PM
i def will..will have the laptop in hot springs will post weather report... around 11 am on friday and saturday...