PDA

View Full Version : Northville Downs NYC OTB

fouroneone
01-23-2006, 02:55 PM
the Northville signal has just been picked up by NYC OTB. Anyone have advice on who the big Detroit Trainers/Drivers are? Thanks in advance.

melman
01-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Think the top drivers at NRV are Kramer, Goodell, Dobson, Copeland and McIllmurray. No info on trainers as I pay no attention to them. LOL Hardly look at the driver for that matter.

JimG
01-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Think the top drivers at NRV are Kramer, Goodell, Dobson, Copeland and McIllmurray. No info on trainers as I pay no attention to them. LOL Hardly look at the driver for that matter.

That's because you are too busy looking at your avatar.:lol::lol::lol:

wes
01-27-2006, 09:20 AM
JimG, he may be a good electrician but I do not think he is wired for 220. :lol: :lol:

wes

Irishfever
01-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Rebekah swinko
Larry McCarty
Mike watson
Judy roegner

michiken
01-31-2006, 12:01 AM
As a native of De-toilet for 44 years, alls I can say is SAVE your money. Northville ranks close to a 'Penn National' for harness.

BIG RED
01-31-2006, 01:50 PM

I thought you had a trainers data base, mel. Isn't that what you tell hawg in the wr all the time :D

andicap
01-31-2006, 02:29 PM
which track is "home of the flying turns?" is that Northfield?

And why are the turns "flying?"

Zman179
01-31-2006, 04:18 PM
As a native of De-toilet for 44 years, alls I can say is SAVE your money. Northville ranks close to a 'Penn National' for harness.

Dude, I've made some good hits at Northville/Hazel over the years. It's all relative. If you gave me a choice between Saratoga flats and Northville Downs, I would take Northville every time.
Before you ask what drug I'm using, understand that I am the all-time worst handicapper at Saratoga.

which track is "home of the flying turns?" is that Northfield?
And why are the turns "flying?"

Yup, that's Northfield in Cleveland. They're called "flying" turns because they're heavily banked.
Northville's so slow, not even flies could fly on those turns.

headhawg
01-31-2006, 05:59 PM
I thought you had a trainers data base, mel. Isn't that what you tell hawg in the wr all the time :D
Yeah, mel's holding out on me. He won't give me access to his super gargantuan harness trainer/driver database. :lol:

wilderness
01-31-2006, 06:02 PM
"Northville's so slow, not even flies could fly on those turns."

If you believe Northville Downs is slow today?

You should have visited there in the old days (pre 80'isomthing) when the surface was banked and before the cursed passing lane was added.

The 1963 Hambletonain winner held the trotting track record from 1964 until the surfaced was banked (and would have likely still reatined the record had the banking not occurred) of 2:01 3/5.

That horse was A. C.'s Viking driven and trained by Sanders Russell.

Surely (don't call me Shirley) you don't expect the class of horses that race there (Northville) and the other Michigan tracks to reach the time levels of Meadowlands or even Chicago?