PDA

View Full Version : Oil and conservation.

twindouble
01-21-2006, 03:38 PM
I made reference to American's rising to the occasion when confronted with any crises big or small. So, I believe we can just modifying our life style in many areas of energy consumption, as a result we could create a glut of oil in a short time. As a matter of fact it might be fun thing to do. I'm I wrong?

T.D

xtb
01-21-2006, 04:38 PM
What you're suggesting is one of the best things this country could possibly do for ourselves.

twindouble
01-21-2006, 05:11 PM
What you're suggesting is one of the best things this country could possibly do for ourselves.

Yes, there's nothing better that I would like to do than snub our noses at those that are attempting to control us and those that took the easy way out for so many years putting our security at risk.

Tom could put it in better words.:lol:

T.D.

DJofSD
01-21-2006, 05:24 PM
as a result we could create a glut of oil in a short time.

There might be a glut for a relatively short time but China and Japan would soon take it all.

twindouble
01-21-2006, 05:40 PM
There might be a glut for a relatively short time but China and Japan would soon take it all.

Better them than us being at the mercy of those rag head fanatics. Besides I think China will end up in civil war in the near future so their rate of growth will be diminished. I'm more concerned about Russia and MR. Pukeken.

T.D.

GaryG
01-21-2006, 06:28 PM
There might be a glut for a relatively short time but China and Japan would soon take it all.Charge them all about a million bucks a barrel....does anyone really know the extent of our oil reserves?

DJofSD
01-21-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm more concerned about Russia and MR. Pukeken.

He's threatening to cut off supply of natural gas to Europe. The pipeline goes through his country.

Lefty
01-22-2006, 12:18 AM
We have plenty of oil right here. All we have to do is drill for it.

xtb
01-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Forget building new refineries and drilling more oil wells, they're just bandaids. There's only so much oil left on this planet and with China's exploding economy and oil consumption, it would be foolish to spend another nickel on oil exploration. We need to concentrate on wind and solar, even biodiesel, not to mention electricity producing buoys that convert wave action in the oceans. All of this technology is already here, today. Honda will soon be in the solar panel business so prices should come down in that area. We have thousands of square miles of desert that could become solar energy farms. Once you get over the initial investment the energy is virtually free. Our government needs to do more instead of bowing to the big oil companies.

46zilzal
01-22-2006, 01:04 AM
the magic word there is FREE. No way to grope people excessively when a resource is widely avaiable

Lefty
01-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Well, it's not foolish to drill for our own oil; there's plenty.
Libs don't want that and conversley, libs don't want solar and wind either. There's environmentilists against everything. They say solar and wind farms dangerous to wildlife or Ted Kennedy's view. Nuke power no good, oil no good,gimme a fat freakin brk. You can't satisfy these(get ready zilly)LIBS!

Tom
01-22-2006, 02:00 AM
Lefty, you want to piss off the pengiuns?

Wind farms - we have some near here - they are absolutley SILENT!
There is no noise, there is no nothing. Kennedy still has water in his ears and he hears a ringing that he thinks is a windmill.

46zilzal
01-22-2006, 02:28 AM
It must be truly comforting to a narrow mind (I still get a kick out of a handle called lefty as being the MOUTH of the right) to believe that EVERYONE, EVERYONE who has the slightest difference of opinion from you, HAS to be of a singular POLAR opposite position on everything else as well. That is just not reality.

Lefty
01-22-2006, 02:38 AM
46zilly, let's go point by point and i'll bet you are the exact polar opposite of conservative thinking. And that goes for most libs; a complete opposite view of conservatives on just about every issue. That's just the way it is. Read this board carefully and you'll see lefty is right.

ljb
01-22-2006, 06:41 AM
46zilly, let's go point by point and i'll bet you are the exact polar opposite of conservative thinking. And that goes for most libs; a complete opposite view of conservatives on just about every issue. That's just the way it is. Read this board carefully and you'll see lefty is right.
Sorry Lefty,
You are the most polar member on this board. Many of the neocons here have at times agreed with one or two items posted by a liberal/progressive member but, you have yet to post anything even faintly in disagreement with the neocon philosophy.

GaryG
01-22-2006, 07:38 AM
Sorry Lefty,
You are the most polar member on this board. Many of the neocons here have at times agreed with one or two items posted by a liberal/progressive member but, you have yet to post anything even faintly in disagreement with the neocon philosophy.Progressive used to be synonymous with commie pinko....hmmmmm. It certainly would be nice to see the oil fields in TX and OK producing again, not to mention Alaska. Whatever the cost to the American consumer it would be worth it to liberate us from the raghead oil sheiks.

Lefty
01-22-2006, 11:59 AM
That's because i'm a conservative and have seen nothing of the liberal agenda I agree with. But for the most part, the conservatives on this board are polar opposites of libs.
BTW, what have conservatives done or proposed that YOU agree with, hmmmm?

rrpic6
01-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Sorry Lefty,
You are the most polar member on this board. Many of the neocons here have at times agreed with one or two items posted by a liberal/progressive member but, you have yet to post anything even faintly in disagreement with the neocon philosophy.

I'll agree with the neocons in the area of invasion of privacy if it ivolves Rush, the Oxy-Con Man. Lets see his medical documents and what web searches he's doing. Probably lots of Canadien online pharmacies.:lol:

Lefty
01-22-2006, 12:13 PM
rrsays: I'll agree with the neocons in the area of invasion of privacy if it ivolves Rush, the Oxy-Con Man. Lets see his medical documents and what web searches he's doing. Probably lots of Canadien online pharmacies.
____________________________-
And this is just about the extent of the lib agenda and about as deep as lib thinking gets.

rrpic6
01-22-2006, 12:19 PM
rrsays: I'll agree with the neocons in the area of invasion of privacy if it ivolves Rush, the Oxy-Con Man. Lets see his medical documents and what web searches he's doing. Probably lots of Canadien online pharmacies.
____________________________-
And this is just about the extent of the lib agenda and about as deep as lib thinking gets.

No dead wrong Lefty. It shows that I have a sense of humor, unlike Limbaugh who spews anti-Democratic, American dividing garbage everyday. Well not everyday, he does golf a lot with Abrahoff's pals.:lol:

chickenhead
01-22-2006, 12:59 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060122/ap_on_go_co/us_mccain_oil

"We've got to get quickly on a track to energy independence from foreign oil, and that means, among other things, going back to nuclear power," McCain said on Fox News Sunday.

DJofSD
01-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Energy independence -- great idea. However, we've been hearing about it since the days of the lusting in his heart peanut farmer. I put it in the same catagory as securing our borders, i.e. lots and lots of politicians talking.

Of coarse, waiting for government to do anything is pretty stupid unless you live in California. They'll do something but you're just a plain idiot to expect government to do it right. I will give CA some credit with the vote a week ago to extend solar support. I think PGE, SoCal Edison and Sempra have had long enough to position themselves. Now it's time to move on with or without the big monopolistic energy companies.

ljb
01-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Progressive used to be synonymous with commie pinko....hmmmmm. It certainly would be nice to see the oil fields in TX and OK producing again, not to mention Alaska. Whatever the cost to the American consumer it would be worth it to liberate us from the raghead oil sheiks.
Down in your parts it probably still is synonymous with commie pinko. Careful you don't tear your sheet at the next rally. I don't really care if they make Alaska and the Florida gulf look like swiss cheese. The price of gas to the American consumer would not change, big oil sells to the highest bidder and it well may be China.

ljb
01-22-2006, 01:20 PM
That's because i'm a conservative and have seen nothing of the liberal agenda I agree with. But for the most part, the conservatives on this board are polar opposites of libs.
BTW, what have conservatives done or proposed that YOU agree with, hmmmm?
Well let's see, I am anti-abortion. That's one for me. You got any ? I am also for not spending more then you have, oh wait a minute that is old conservatives, neocons spend like drunken sailors. hmmmmm?

twindouble
01-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Energy independence -- great idea. However, we've been hearing about it since the days of the lusting in his heart peanut farmer. I put it in the same catagory as securing our borders, i.e. lots and lots of politicians talking.

Of coarse, waiting for government to do anything is pretty stupid unless you live in California. They'll do something but you're just a plain idiot to expect government to do it right. I will give CA some credit with the vote a week ago to extend solar support. I think PGE, SoCal Edison and Sempra have had long enough to position themselves. Now it's time to move on with or without the big monopolistic energy companies.

That's my position exactly. It can be done, how to get it off the ground is the important question. We should reject the present course we are on and push for results along with our own actions in defiance of that status quo. All we need is the guts and determination in my opinion.

chickenhead
01-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Well, I think you can see that happening twin, and there is no magic involved. The "environmental wackos" everyone hates have been saying we should focus on this and living this (maybe for different reasons, but to the same effect) for a long time.

Obviously when it comes to gas, you need to place a premium on fuel efficiency when buying a car/truck, and design things so that you drive less -- our mass transit system sucks for most of us that means living close to where you work. You really want to move into the avant-garde look into biodiesel.

twindouble
01-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Well, I think you can see that happening twin, and there is no magic involved. The "environmental wackos" everyone hates have been saying we should focus on this and living this (maybe for different reasons, but to the same effect) for a long time.

Obviously when it comes to gas, you need to place a premium on fuel efficiency when buying a car/truck, and design things so that you drive less -- our mass transit system sucks for most of us that means living close to where you work. You really want to move into the avant-garde look into biodiesel.

I think our first course of action should be is ignoring those corporate ass whipping politicians and go about getting it done ourselves. Better yet retire those suckers that put their own interest above our security and economic well being.

T.D.

DJofSD
01-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Yes, we're talking about politicans here not statesmen.

And don't forget about the lobbiests (sp?).

twindouble
01-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Yes, we're talking about politicans here not statesmen.

And don't forget about the lobbiests (sp?).

We have no one to blame but ourselves, ESP when the majority of Americans know very well that's not how our government should be run. Here again we historically excepted it as the norm and believe it will never change. I say bull shit, it can be changed. We just need the leaders that have the balls to do it. We should be ashamed for allowing it to continue.

T.D.

DJofSD
01-23-2006, 02:12 AM
Any one else watch "60 Minutes" tonight? Looks like there's plenty of oil to be had in Canada in the oil sands of Alberta. T Boone Pickens is there along with the Chinese. Potentially four times as more oil as Suadi Arabia. Sixty minutes on the web. (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/01/20/60minutes/main1225184.shtml)

Now if Canada elects a conservative government, won't that beat all!

twindouble
01-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Any one else watch "60 Minutes" tonight? Looks like there's plenty of oil to be had in Canada in the oil sands of Alberta. T Boone Pickens is there along with the Chinese. Potentially four times as more oil as Suadi Arabia. Sixty minutes on the web. (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/01/20/60minutes/main1225184.shtml)

Now we'll have different kinds of wars on many fronts,Terrorism, Canada, Mexico, Iraq, Syria, Iran, Russia,China,Afganistan,Bolivia,Venezuela,Cuba, drugs,crime, environmentalists and the left wing wacko's. :bang: The Democrats have just one priority, impeach Bush. :lol:

T.D.

GaryG
01-23-2006, 10:39 AM
The Democrats have just one priority, impeach Bush. :lol: T.D.This is all because of the impeachment of Slick Willy and the recall of Gray (beige) Davis in CA, both dems, for just cause. I guess the idea is if there is somebody in office that you don't agree with you just impeach him.

twindouble
01-23-2006, 12:01 PM
This is all because of the impeachment of Slick Willy and the recall of Gray (beige) Davis in CA, both dems, for just cause. I guess the idea is if there is somebody in office that you don't agree with you just impeach him.

Like I said in another post, the impeachment of Clinton was just as disgusting to me, it was a black eye to our constitution and at the same time insulted the peoples intelligence.

T.D.

boxcar
01-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Like I said in another post, the impeachment of Clinton was just as disgusting to me, it was a black eye to our constitution and at the same time insulted the peoples intelligence.

T.D.

I know more than a few people's intelligence that it didn't insult. ;)

Boxcar

twindouble
01-23-2006, 01:42 PM
I know more than a few people's intelligence that it didn't insult. ;)

Boxcar

Yes your right, we use the word intelligence to loosely, ESP when it comes to politicians. The asses think all they have to do is create a dumb slogan, build a theme around it, repeat it over and over, the worst part is they think we'll swallow it hook line and sinker. It's beyond me why those idoits can't realize in this day and age that no longer flys. I call it kindergarten politics. :D

T.D.

46zilzal
01-23-2006, 02:45 PM
T.D.
HUMMER-gate

46zilzal
01-23-2006, 02:53 PM
the parties here are MUCH different than south of the line and the election process is much different. If the conservatives WIN, it will most likely be a minority government and the liberal party here is NOT much like their name. The true liberals here are the members of the New Democratic party

lsbets
01-23-2006, 02:57 PM
46 - if the conservatives win, how do you reconcile that with how you say all Canadians view Bush, considering that the liberal party tried to make the conservative candidate seem like Bush's best friend?

46zilzal
01-23-2006, 03:04 PM
I have no idea. I don't vote and Canadian politics are almost a complete mystery to me. For example: if your district (called a riding here) has a candidate you want to vote for and he/she is from a different party than the party you want elected in the capital, you are stuck. You only elect a PARTY and then the PARTY gets together and forms the government without your real input.

if you read the previous post too these parties are in NAME ONLY

46zilzal
01-23-2006, 03:11 PM
46 - if the conservatives win, how do you reconcile that with how you say all Canadians view Bush, considering that the liberal party tried to make the conservative candidate seem like Bush's best friend?
you really like to change words: I said the majority dislike the rutabaga, and the last time I looked he wasn't running. Also, unlike the U.S., a government can change whenever there is a nonconfidence vote. There are NO SET DATES for elections.

lsbets
01-23-2006, 03:13 PM
I think your exact words were everyone fears him. Should I check?

46zilzal
01-23-2006, 03:16 PM
that is a lot more accurate

lsbets
01-23-2006, 03:26 PM
that is a lot more accurate

Here is your quote:

you can COUNT Canada Out. Everyone: teachers, dotors, nurses, people on the street are afraid of the clown rutabaga.

Now, that is not "a majority" as you just tried to change it to. "Everyone fears him" certainly goes a lot closer to "how you say all Canadians view Bush" because, presumably, the everyone in your post is all Canadians, or, can everyone somehow not really include everyone. So, if you say everyone fears him, it is reasonable to say that, in your opinion, all Canadians view Bush with fear.

Pretty funny you put such emphasis on saying I liked to change your words, when in fact, I did no such thing. So, if "everyone fears" Bush, and the liberals tried so hard to make the conservative candidate the equivilant of Bush, how would you reconcile a conservative victory? Or was you "everyone" statement just a wee bit inaccurate, and you would like to backtrack to a majority?

46zilzal
01-23-2006, 03:29 PM
I am sure some people in Labrador or Prince Edward Island love the guy. I can only respond to the people I run into and they are of the opinion I already expressed: they fear the guy

I repeat, the party called LIBERAL here is not like that at all.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-23-2006, 03:58 PM

I did see this segment! (Luckily, I forgot to change the station for the football game before I went on my burger run, so I accidently got to see it.)

This is might big stuff, and very encouraging. (Ok, maybe not so if your an environmentalist). The farthest north of Alberta, the land of cold and dark, has appearently so much oil frozen into the sand under the ground. It has to be dug, trucked and processed rather than pumped, so it is more expensive to produce. But the already high costs of oil from other sources, and the political and societal instability of the regions where that foreign (non North American) and competition for it make it an unstable source, and less appealing source. All of those things make the Albertan Oil Sands more economically feasible.

There are environemental concerns, but it looks like the Albertans and the Candian government didn't let that stop them. We're talking hundreds of billions of dollars, and an oil supply that could last for over a century, from these reports.

Good thing they didn't let their caribou turn into $10,000 caribou.

Personally, I don't know if they may find similar sands in Alaska or not. Not enough politicians and people from the lower-48 are willing to let us explore and find out what is up there. My note in a past thread about those Alaskan caribou we're protecting costing us $100 a head, it might actually be more like $1,000 or more a head.

Hard part is, the region is frigid and dark, we're talking Arctic Circle. Some days with only minutes of daylight.

Big finding and big news up there. Hope more people here will pay attention. If we want to switch suppliers from the Middle East and Venezuela, we may be doing business with Canada and Alberta instead. Seems pretty good to me so far.

Thanks for bringing this up DJ, and giving us a link. I'm going to have to watch that again, and pass it on.

Hosshead
01-23-2006, 06:04 PM
The Chinese want this oil very badly. And are willing to send hundreds of thousands of Chinese to work in Canada, which Canada will need, to develop this find.

If Canada takes there billions of $'s, then it will all balance out:

China will get a large % of this oil. And a much larger population into Canada.
And Canada/U.S. will get some oil... and 100% of the Pollution.

Make no mistake about it. Even though this is a remote area (the size of some countries), because of the fact that this oil has to be dug and processed from sand/dirt, instead of just being pumped up,... the Air Pollution Problem is HUGE.
Not to mention the local environmental damage. But even if we say to hell with the land and the caribou etc.,...
Polluted Air..... Is Not Local.
And (in a few years) Canada's new (large) "imported (growing) population", won't be either.

Lefty
01-23-2006, 06:16 PM
TD said: Like I said in another post, the impeachment of Clinton was just as disgusting to me, it was a black eye to our constitution and at the same time insulted the peoples intelligence.

twindouble
01-23-2006, 06:27 PM
TD said: Like I said in another post, the impeachment of Clinton was just as disgusting to me, it was a black eye to our constitution and at the same time insulted the peoples intelligence.

Lefty; I don't condone what he did, ESP in the White House. Having a sex life has nothing to do with being president and it wasn't right to put him on the stand to begin with plus the P. Jones was just digging for gold and I don't give a dam if he laid her or not, nore what he would have paid for the wench.

T.D.