PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there

Whitehos
01-19-2006, 09:15 PM
ever had any experience or knowledge of Trans Atlantic Racing Stables. It is a claiming partnership that appears to be an inexpensive way of getting into race horse ownership. Saw it advertised in DRF and e-mailed them.

Whitehos

kenwoodallpromos
01-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Hines SoCal- is like 3 for 32; Allen is 1 for 8; Beatie is 3 for 9. Schell (Mcshcell Racing) is a member of this forum. Hines is related to Sonny Hines.
I would contact Tom Schell and ask him about them.
http://www.ownracehorses.com/overview- Their website. Sign up for their newsletter!
IMHO they are smart to use Tom for a good training record and to keep daily expenses down!

Ron
01-19-2006, 11:28 PM
http://www.ownracehorses.com/overview

that hyphen got in your url ;)

BIG49010
01-20-2006, 12:03 AM
I have a friend in a partnership, I think you could do better on your own.

They have a cheap horse at CT, and the choice of trainer was very bad, and they lived with it for a year, and lucky for them horse didn't breakdown, before they changed and horse started to pay his way. Most people are not that lucky.

Tough game to make it as an owner.

Ron
01-20-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm in a little club at http://www.horsehats.com/ We own 5% of Victory Lap.

Buddha
01-20-2006, 01:17 AM
If you werent in it for the money, and just wanted to have fun, they might be alright, but like it has been said, you could probably do better on your own. I dont know much about them, but in general, I think you don't have much say in the matter. Depends on the managing partner and the trainer.

CryingForTheHorses
01-20-2006, 04:34 AM
ever had any experience or knowledge of Trans Atlantic Racing Stables. It is a claiming partnership that appears to be an inexpensive way of getting into race horse ownership. Saw it advertised in DRF and e-mailed them.

Whitehos

Contact Mike Devita and he will give you all the facts..I will tell you this..You will have fun..

mjdevita
01-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Big - You make it sound like your friend was in a partnership with Trans Atlantic and we have 1 cheap horse....couldn't be further than the truth....yes we started with one and now we have twenty.

When we started our trainer wasn't that good but I am a proactive manager and make changes because I want to win ...but the most important thing is that the partners enjoy the experience of ownership.

We currently have Tom Schell training our Southern Florida Division, Stephanie Beattie training our Charles Town/Penn National Division, Jack Allen trains our Mountaineer Division, Nick Hines trains our Southern California Division, Mike McKenzie our Suffolk Downs Division and Mike Milian will train our Finger Lakes Division. We are headed to Northern California, NYRA when Belmont opens and a few other tracks throughout the country.

Our concept gives a person the best chance to make money in this business at the claiming level ...bar none!!

No doubt we had some growing pains in Charles Town with our original trainer and the interim one I used until Stephanie agreed to take us on...with our current trainers ....has 62 starts with 11 wins, 14 seconds and 8 thirds with over $118,000 in earnings....of which over $35,000 went back to the partners based on our concept.....this is basically numbers just from the seond half of 2005. I don't think a 17% win percentage is that bad....do you??

Kenwood above gives trainer stats like they are all Trans Atlantic numbers ...again not true.....while Jack Allen had an 8% win percent in 2005 overall....HE HAD A 18% with Trans Atlantic horses, Stephanie Beattie had a 22% win percentage for us and Mike McKenzie had a 25% win percentage for us....as for Nick Hines he only had one Trans Atlantic start in 2005.

Keep your eye on Trans Atlantic in 2006.....

Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Mike

I have a friend in a partnership, I think you could do better on your own.

They have a cheap horse at CT, and the choice of trainer was very bad, and they lived with it for a year, and lucky for them horse didn't breakdown, before they changed and horse started to pay his way. Most people are not that lucky.

Tough game to make it as an owner.

kenwoodallpromos
01-21-2006, 04:00 PM
http://www.ownracehorses.com/overview- Their website. Sign up for their newsletter!
IMHO they are smart to use Tom
You are welcome!

BIG49010
01-21-2006, 06:50 PM
I will keep an eye out for you, keep us posted for the next couple of years, I hope your my friends who are invested with you make out.:eek:

GaryG
01-21-2006, 06:57 PM
This can be great fun and another advantage is owners' credentials. I was in one with trainer Leonard Dorfman around the time he had Doonesbury and never had so much fun at the track. :jump:

Whitehos
01-21-2006, 07:14 PM
I sure appreciate the comments. I'm going to try it and will keep you informed as to how things are going. I owned harness horses in the past. There is no longer any chance of breaking even or having fun here in Mich.

Eliot

mjdevita
01-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Just want to thank Big and Kenwood on their follow ups....shows alot of class on their part. We are still in our infancy and no doubt will experience some growing pains as all type of businesses do. But we will make it better and right for our partners who are owners of thoroughbred race horses.

We also had two winners the past two days....Tiz a Coup won last night (1/21/06) at Mountaineer...earned $11,200 for the race...not bad for a $5,000 claim....also Crystallization won at Penn National on 1/20/06.

I just want to point out how good our concept is....I will use Crystallization who we have had for over 1 year...after claiming him for $5,000 in December 2004 at Charles Town.....In the first 9 months that we owned Crystall....he only earned $2960. During that time not only did the partners in Crystallization not have a training bill which digs owners deeper into the whole...but out of that $2960....$888 was money that gets distributed to the partners based on our 70/30 split regardless of earnings.

Now, once I got it right in the Charles Town Division by finding the right trainer (Thank you Stephanie Beattie) for us Crystallization has had a 4th, 1st, 2nd, 2nd and another win on 1/20/06. During these last 5 starts he has earned $11554 of which $3466.20 belongs to the partners under our concept...

Therefore, on their $5,000 claim ...even though the horse wasn't that good in the beginning...this partnership has earned back $4354.20 for the partners...without ever digging for a penny into their pocket.

Now some people will say ...yeah but the horse recently earned over $11,000 and the partners only got $3466.....Well, I say to those people...what if these partners were paying a bill average $1800 a month (low side) times 13 months equals $23,400 in bills versus $14514 in earnings means the partners would have been out another $8,886 plus the $5,000 (not including sales tax, etc) for a total of $13,886 in the whole....instead at this moment they are only $646 in the whole with a great chance to earn out plus still have the horse.

Owning a horse even with our concept is a risk, no doubt...but our concept lowers the risk ....raises the chance to earn money in this game for the owner..plus provides hours of thrills no matter where our partners live!!

Thanks again for the follow-up.

Have a GREAT DAY!!

Mike

frenchy
05-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Any news from transatlantic stable, the site is not updated since february ?? :confused:

toetoe
05-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Ken,

It's a small point, as relation to a famous trainer doesn't necessarily mean much, but are you sure Hines is related to Hine (no 's')? :)

kenwoodallpromos
05-10-2006, 01:49 AM
Ken,

It's a small point, as relation to a famous trainer doesn't necessarily mean much, but are you sure Hines is related to Hine (no 's')? :)
Seems I was wrong abot that point.

frenchy
05-10-2006, 03:17 AM
i ve got news !! new site is under construction !!

CryingForTheHorses
05-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Any news from transatlantic stable, the site is not updated since february ?? :confused:

Not sure where your looking Frenchy, They do have a message board that gives you lots of news, Contact Mike, He will tell you all you need to know

BIG49010
06-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Anybody know what happened to Trans Atlantic Horse Crystalation?

Buddy in on it, and haven't been entered in a while, and no news from him?

Dave
06-27-2006, 10:48 PM
Big - You make it sound like your friend was in a partnership with Trans Atlantic and we have 1 cheap horse....couldn't be further than the truth....yes we started with one and now we have twenty.

Mike

20 cheap horses.....?

ctfan
09-17-2006, 08:55 AM
:bang: This is a very interesting posting. As a fan of the Charlestown Race scene let me get in a few comments and FACTS . Knocking the previous trainer of TAS is the right of all fans but from what I hear the reason TAS horses ran so badly was not because of the trainer but because of the constant interference by the manager of the partnership . Also after the trainer in question was fired from TAS he formed Mcracehorse Stable and first 10 months of its existance have been sensational to say the least. Check out the website for the statistics. win after win. great claim after great claim. TAS has not claimed a horse since they parted with their trainer here last July ,2005. Also their present "Charlestown" trainer is at Penn National and although doing very well for other owners is doing nothing for TAS at Charlestown. I can go on and on but it is obvious that the day TAS and their trainer Carone parted was the best day for 100 new Mcracehorse partners and certainly gave Carone an opportunity to show what he can do. Look at the facts and figures before you knock a hard working trainer who has been on the scene here for 30 years.

CryingForTheHorses
09-17-2006, 06:13 PM
:bang: This is a very interesting posting. As a fan of the Charlestown Race scene let me get in a few comments and FACTS . Knocking the previous trainer of TAS is the right of all fans but from what I hear the reason TAS horses ran so badly was not because of the trainer but because of the constant interference by the manager of the partnership . Also after the trainer in question was fired from TAS he formed Mcracehorse Stable and first 10 months of its existance have been sensational to say the least. Check out the website for the statistics. win after win. great claim after great claim. TAS has not claimed a horse since they parted with their trainer here last July ,2005. Also their present "Charlestown" trainer is at Penn National and although doing very well for other owners is doing nothing for TAS at Charlestown. I can go on and on but it is obvious that the day TAS and their trainer Carone parted was the best day for 100 new Mcracehorse partners and certainly gave Carone an opportunity to show what he can do. Look at the facts and figures before you knock a hard working trainer who has been on the scene here for 30 years.

I myself dont know the facts with Tony when he did train for TARS...Im just commenting to say "How Nice" of you to stickup for a hard working horseman..Thankyou for that!! :ThmbUp:

Whitehos
09-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Tom,
When you mentioned hard working trainer I got confused and at first thought you were talking about yourself. Hard working McSchell, or hardly working. Well now that you have your hat on again and are hiring girls from Michigan to ride your horses things will get only better.