PDA

View Full Version : Tax Cut

Tom
05-27-2001, 05:26 PM
It is nice to watch these creeps on Capital Hill cryng about the tax cut-how it will destroy the economy and other crap. What they are really crying about is that they won't have it to spend themselves!
I for one welcome my money back home. Now, if we could get them to do something about the high track take outs........
Happy Memorial Day everyone!
Tom

hurrikane
05-31-2001, 09:13 AM
I agree Tom. the constitution allows for the govt to tax the people enough to run the govt. Anything more is illegal and unconstitutional. Who the hell do they think they are, tell us they need this money for one thing, take too much and then say they are going to spend it on something else. I think they should have given back more.

bdhsheets
06-01-2001, 01:48 AM
This tax cut will prove to be one of the dumbest things that they could've done. While Billy Boy had his heart kinda sorta in the right place, paying off the national debt should be THE #1 priority and here's why.

One of the largest expenditures in each years national budget is paying just the interest on the national debt, somewhere in the $250 billion dollar range. And what do we get for our money? A new school, aircraft carriers, new wild life refuges, a replacement tire for a Humvee? Nada! Zip! Zero!

All that money is literally pissed away into the politicians favorite contributors, the banking industry. Imagine what good that $250 billion could do annually?????? Scary thought, pay senior citizens prescriptions and still have billions and billions left over. I could go on and on. BOTH parties are to blame for this nonsense.

Let's not bring Social Security into this mix either. S.S. would be quite solvent for the next 100 years if BOTH freakin parties had not pillaged this account for trillions, yes folks, trillions of dollars, by using S.S. funds as part of the General Fund trying to reduce budget shortfalls! Without it, the national debt would be triple what it is
today.

They should all be neutered!

Regards,

bdhsheets

Tom
06-01-2001, 08:18 PM
I agree that reducing the DEBT, not the debit, is of utmost importance, but yoiu knwo as well as I do that
Washinton would not have done that with the money-they would have blown it on pork as usual. As long it is not going to a good cause, then I say give it back to us.
When you are discussing our government, you must remeber not to try to use common sense and logic-these
blow-hards are imune to it. We are talking real profession liars here, not average one.
tom