PDA

View Full Version : "On The Muscle" DVD-Dick Mandella Documentary

Hosshead
01-17-2006, 06:06 AM
Anybody seen this?
I was in the Santa Anita gift shop over the weekend, and they were playing this on closed circuit tv. Just saw a little bit but looked like it might be interesting. Saw eavesdropping (in the walking ring) on Mandella's instructions to the jockey before a race.

Consists of 3 one-hour segments.
Here's a description: http://www.exclusivelyequine.com/epages/eenew.storefront/EN/Product/V21-2014

kenwoodallpromos
01-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Did you support SA and racing and buy it? Maybe if people bought more stuff they can lower the takeout.

Hosshead
01-17-2006, 11:40 AM
(hiccup).... Maybe if people bought more stuff they can lower the takeout....(hiccup)Please, for your own safety, and others on the highway....... Don't get behind the wheel today. Have a designated driver take you to the track and drop you out............ I mean off.

socantra
01-18-2006, 02:25 AM
Ah, ye of little faith......

socantra

Sailwolf
01-18-2006, 06:01 AM
"the filmmakers reveal a self-contained world that few people see, and most misunderstand. Rich with life lessons and dramas big and small"

Oh boy !!! What hype! I would like to see this with a mid-level trainer trying to make a living or a jockey who is out of the top 15 list.